If you're Episcopalian, the founder of your Church was an adulterer who killed two of his wives

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
King Henry VIII started the Church of England so he could give himself a divorce from Queen Catherine, then he went on to kill two of his wives and divorce another.

Not a good start for a Church is it?

Which is your cult of choice?
I'm Catholic.

And before you go on about everything the Catholic Church ever did, or does now, I already know.
Then you know that the Catholics history is full of murders, adultery and deceit...But you want to call other denominations murderers and adulterers .....Next...
I never said Catholics were perfect, but what is true is our Church was founded by Jesus Christ, who WAS perfect.

All the Protestant churches were founded by imperfect men and women who promulgated errors and misled people. These errors have only grown worse over the centuries, not better. It is now true that most Protestant churches accept divorce and birth control, and some of them even accept homosexuality and abortion. And as time progresses, the Protestant churches stray ever further from the truth taught by Christ.

But the Episcopalians had a particularly bad beginning, not founded in good faith religious dissent, but in political machinations of a king who wanted a divorce and couldn't get one, so he destroyed the Catholic Church in England and stole everything it owned and gave it to himself and his crooked cronies.

Because the mandate to the Apostles went to the Bishop of Rome, who became the leader of the RC.

The evil wickedness over a millennia removed the mandate.

I'm Catholic.

And before you go on about everything the Catholic Church ever did, or does now, I already know.
Then you know that the Catholics history is full of murders, adultery and deceit...But you want to call other denominations murderers and adulterers .....Next...
I never said Catholics were perfect, but what is true is our Church was founded by Jesus Christ, who WAS perfect.

All the Protestant churches were founded by imperfect men and women who promulgated errors and misled people. These errors have only grown worse over the centuries, not better. It is now true that most Protestant churches accept divorce and birth control, and some of them even accept homosexuality and abortion. And as time progresses, the Protestant churches stray ever further from the truth taught by Christ.

So you got all that information from an imperfect book written by people who never even met the people they wrote about, and it gives you the right to run down other's religions. What a prick.

I'm Catholic.

The Protestant reformation was due to abuses by the Catholic church...Reformers particularly decried the selling of indulgences and offering of forgiveness for sins in exchange for money; the practice of selling religious positions in the church was also frowned upon by those who sought to reform the church.. The Catholic church was the cause of the reformation, they were in no way the victim.

I'm Catholic.

You really shouldn't be casting stones then should you now. Man I tell ya, you religiosos can't even get along with one another. You start a thread on another christian sect? Fuck all aya's; all you male dominator god religious fanatics.

I'm Catholic.

So you got all that information from an imperfect book written by people who never even met the people they wrote about, and it gives you the right to run down other's religions. What a prick.
Discussing religion is the purpose of the Religion Forum, and part of that is criticizing other religions.

If you can't handle it, then you don't have to participate.

Don't try to silence me, this is a free speech forum.

But the Episcopalians had a particularly bad beginning, not founded in good faith religious dissent, but in political machinations of a king who wanted a divorce and couldn't get one, so he destroyed the Catholic Church in England and stole everything it owned and gave it to himself and his crooked cronies.
The Catholic Church was the original multinational corporation and called in Papal Bulls for the extermination of native people in the americas. Fuck your twisted sense of relative morality.

I'm Catholic.

You really shouldn't be casting stones then should you now. Man I tell ya, you religiosos can't even get along with one another. You start a thread on another christian sect? Fuck all aya's; all you male dominator god religious fanatics.

How many of the worlds problems are the result of religious assholes fighting over who's Imaginery being is the real imaginary being?

I'm Catholic.

I criticize the Episcopalian Church in the way it was founded, but I agree with most of what that church teaches, and a faithful Episcopalian will probably go to heaven.

You, on the other hand, are going to hell.

Unless you repent your wicked ways.

But you probably won't.

I'm Catholic.

All of you people are and were imperfect men and women who promulgated errors, misled people, subjugated and enslaved populations, and murdered your way across the globe.

Forum List

Back