Assault rifles for self defense

Try this one.
Son Uses Dad’s AR-15 To Defend Home
Son Uses Dad’s AR-15 To Defend Home (2010) | Guns Save Lives

You did just ask for one, right? Question answered.

Really good ONE example. Now find 11,999 more examples to match the number of gun homocides in this country per year and you MIGHT have an argument.

Are you down on baseball bats too?

View attachment 23152

Apples and oranges. You can kill anyone with anything.

Semi-automatics serve ONE purpose: to kill lots of people easily in a short amount of time.

Last edited:
I've got a very simple question, how many rounds should a citizen be restricted to, in a self defense situation?
question back to you, how round does a citizen need in a single weapon to protect themselves? revolvers only hold 6 rounds, at one time that was enough. there is no law, nor any talk of legislation limiting the number of weapons, or the number of clips one may carry. so if your restricted to 10 rounds per clip, why not carry 3 clips, or 3 weapons. yet the right never talks about this.

if it take you a specific number of rounds in a weapon simply to feel safe, then no number of rounds will ever make you feel safe.

How many attackers? What environment? What is the visibility? What is the armor of each attacker? etc... so the minute you can guarantee me all the details about a situation I have to defend, I will tell you exactly how many rounds I should need... then you will have to ask that of every other person because not everyone is the same in weapon, skillset, situation, etc

Idiot
so your solution is prepare for the worst case scenario ever and that will determine what weapons and amount of ammunition would be sufficient? we are not preparing for war. but based on your post, there is apparently no amount of weapons or ammunition that is considered enough for you to feel safe. i mean do you even sleep at night, or are you in constant fear of the unknown?

enjoy your fear and paranoia soaked life. those of us who are sane will actually enjoy living. moron

Last edited:
question back to you, how round does a citizen need in a single weapon to protect themselves? revolvers only hold 6 rounds, at one time that was enough. there is no law, nor any talk of legislation limiting the number of weapons, or the number of clips one may carry. so if your restricted to 10 rounds per clip, why not carry 3 clips, or 3 weapons. yet the right never talks about this.

if it take you a specific number of rounds in a weapon simply to feel safe, then no number of rounds will ever make you feel safe.

How many attackers? What environment? What is the visibility? What is the armor of each attacker? etc... so the minute you can guarantee me all the details about a situation I have to defend, I will tell you exactly how many rounds I should need... then you will have to ask that of every other person because not everyone is the same in weapon, skillset, situation, etc

Idiot
so your solution is prepare for the worst case scenario ever and that will determine what weapons and amount of ammunition would be sufficient? we are not preparing for war. but based on your post, there is apparently no amount of weapons or ammunition that is considered enough for you to feel safe. i mean do you even sleep at night, or are you in constant fear of the unknown?

enjoy your fear and paranoia soaked life. those of us who are sane will actually enjoy living. moron

Feel safe?? No.. it is a liberal's job to dictate policy based on FEELING.. which is what you are trying to do

I am simply showing you there is not some cookie cutter answer for your emotional question... and for you to try and limit this by your feelings, is about as absurd as it gets

Idiot

Feel safe?? No.. it is a liberal's job to dictate policy based on FEELING.. which is what you are trying to do

I am simply showing you there is not some cookie cutter answer for your emotional question... and for you to try and limit this by your feelings, is about as absurd as it gets
educated people do not need a weapons cache to feel safe. apparently you do, and your entire argument is based on you needing to feel safe. yet you can not state how many weapons, or rounds, or what size magazine capacity you need in order to feel safe. so its easy to infer that no amount of this equipment will make you feel safe.

so answer the questions, do you live in such constant fear that you need automatic weapons, 30 magazine clips, and other high powered weapons just to get through your day?

Really good ONE example. Now find 11,999 more examples to match the number of gun homocides in this country per year and you MIGHT have an argument.

Are you down on baseball bats too?

View attachment 23152

Apples and oranges. You can kill anyone with anything.

Semi-automatics serve ONE purpose: to kill lots of people easily in a short amount of time.

So, you're only concern is when it is a mass killing? What is your breaking point there? 3, 5, 10? You aren't concerned about an even larger number of total deaths by say a drunk driver since they happen one or two dead people at a time? Noted.

People who think they need an assault rifle for self-defense believe in the Zombie Apocalypse.

These types of weapons have no real purpose for the non-military personnel.

It's a fantasy "look at my big dick" thing.

Nothing else.

Mrs. Lanza owned an assault rifle for self-defense. She even practiced with it.

How'd that work out for her?

Assault is an intent. Much like defense is an intent. A rifle is a rifle. Rifles do not have intent, they are inanimate tools. There are rifles, and then there is intent. Only LOLberals with zero firearm education refer to rifles as assault or otherwise.

Last edited:
People who think they need an assault rifle for self-defense believe in the Zombie Apocalypse.

These types of weapons have no real purpose for the non-military personnel.

It's a fantasy "look at my big dick" thing.

Nothing else.
well until the zombie apocalypse happens. i mean the world is ending in 4 days, so we better stock up.

educated people do not need a weapons cache to feel safe. apparently you do, and your entire argument is based on you needing to feel safe. yet you can not state how many weapons, or rounds, or what size magazine capacity you need in order to feel safe. so its easy to infer that no amount of this equipment will make you feel safe.

so answer the questions, do you live in such constant fear that you need automatic weapons, 30 magazine clips, and other high powered weapons just to get through your day?

Again... it is YOU basing this on FEELING... which is all you have... I am trained in the use of weaponry.. I am trained in military offense and self defense... I do not base my assessment on FEELING

What you need is based on situation, which is not a constant... you are the one that lives in constant fear where zero in the hands of law abiding citizens is the only acceptable answer..

Personally, I prefer the 20 round clips.. more reliable with the spring mechanisms.. causes less jams... I prefer my AR for certain tasks, my shotgun for others including home defense if necessary, and my handguns for yet other tasks... and it may not be the same for the next person, but that is all well and good... for I don't fear that the weapon, just because it looks scary to you, is going to jump into action in the hands of anyone just to try and kill a high amount of innocent people

Assault is an intent. Much like defense is an intent. A rifle is a rifle. Rifles do not have intent, they are inanimate tools. There are rifles, and then there is intent. Only LOLberals with zero firearm education refer to rifles as assault or otherwise.
actually the gun community refers to them as assault rifles as well.

assault rifles plural of as·sault ri·fle
Noun
A rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use.

Again... it is YOU basing this on FEELING... which is all you have... I am trained in the use of weaponry.. I am trained in military offense and self defense... I do not base my assessment on FEELING

What you need is based on situation, which is not a constant... you are the one that lives in constant fear where zero in the hands of law abiding citizens is the only acceptable answer..

Personally, I prefer the 20 round clips.. more reliable with the spring mechanisms.. causes less jams... I prefer my AR for certain tasks, my shotgun for others including home defense if necessary, and my handguns for yet other tasks... and it may not be the same for the next person, but that is all well and good... for I don't fear that the weapon, just because it looks scary to you, is going to jump into action in the hands of anyone just to try and kill a high amount of innocent people
if youre so trained why are you still so scared?

i dont have daily feeling of fear, apparently unlike you. i dont feel the need to have an arsenal out of constant fear of the unknown. apparently you do.

if youre so trained why are you still so scared?

You seem to be the one scared.. scared that the boogeyman 'assault rifle' is gonna get ya... and you are reacting in such a way with your fear that you are trying to limit those who are not scared of this tool...

Funny thing is what you really fear is the type of person who did the atrocious action... yet scramble to blame the weapon because you don't understand it at all

Noun

And? I don't care if they call them hand sandwich rifles. Assault is an intent, it is not a rifle.

Noun

And? I don't care if they call them hand sandwich rifles. Assault is an intent, it is not a rifle.
if you dont like the definition of the word, i cant help you there, however it doesnt change the definition of the word. if you want to call it a battery rifle, so be it.

Forum List

Back