Assault rifles for self defense

Wonder what occurs most often: use of a gun to save an innocent life, or use of a gun to take an innocent life?

Many gun owners are kooks. And that concerns the rest of us that aren't kooks. I don't think that we need to make certain that kooks are armed and dangerous to others.

That's about as anti-liberty a post as it gets.

"I don't like those people who think differently than me. We should do something about them..."

It's not simply that they "think differently." They are kooks, and should not be trusted with guns of any kind.

I think people who want to ban guns are kooks. We should prevent them from being able to speak, because their words are very dangerous.

What are you going to do, demand a kook test before someone can buy a gun? They have to meet your approval?

Last edited:
I've got a very simple question, how many rounds should a citizen be restricted to, in a self defense situation?
question back to you, how round does a citizen need in a single weapon to protect themselves? revolvers only hold 6 rounds, at one time that was enough. there is no law, nor any talk of legislation limiting the number of weapons, or the number of clips one may carry. so if your restricted to 10 rounds per clip, why not carry 3 clips, or 3 weapons. yet the right never talks about this.

if it take you a specific number of rounds in a weapon simply to feel safe, then no number of rounds will ever make you feel safe.

I wonder how many rounds the cops had in their AR's at that crime scene, ya think they might of had 30? Would you want to limit them to 10 round magazines also? If not, why not? See the left is not the only ones that can avoid answering a direct question with a question. So how about you answer mine and I'll answer yours, that the way conversations work.

the use of weapons by law enforcement is not that same as the use by civilians. that is a different argument and not what we are talking about it. we are talking the number a civilian needs to feel safe.

question back to you, how round does a citizen need in a single weapon to protect themselves? revolvers only hold 6 rounds, at one time that was enough. there is no law, nor any talk of legislation limiting the number of weapons, or the number of clips one may carry. so if your restricted to 10 rounds per clip, why not carry 3 clips, or 3 weapons. yet the right never talks about this.

if it take you a specific number of rounds in a weapon simply to feel safe, then no number of rounds will ever make you feel safe.

I wonder how many rounds the cops had in their AR's at that crime scene, ya think they might of had 30? Would you want to limit them to 10 round magazines also? If not, why not? See the left is not the only ones that can avoid answering a direct question with a question. So how about you answer mine and I'll answer yours, that the way conversations work.

the use of weapons by law enforcement is not that same as the use by civilians. that is a different argument and not what we are talking about it. we are talking the number a civilian needs to feel safe.

I would like to be able to shoot bad guys just as many times as the cops do.

And when I am target shooting, I would like to shoot forever with only my wallet limiting my freedom.

Last edited:
Look...a normal pump shotgun works just fine here in rural Florida for stopping a maurauding 200 pound wild boar. No one needs to drag out an AR-15 for instant pulled pork.

There is no need for shredded human flesh from assault rifles, either.

Regards from Rosie

An AR-15 couldn't make puled pork out of a boar unless the boar sat still for a really long time. An AR-15 is not a fully automatic weapon and fires very small rounds more suited for range and accuracy, not damage.

Disclaimer: You can modify an AR-15 to be full auto, but doing so requires either a several thousand dollar license or it's illegal.

Know your guns before you call for one to be banned.

Wrong answer, police usually respond in mass and in reality would need less firepower per individual than one person might. After all police have backup where an individual citizen does not. So would common sense not dictate that the individual citizen would need greater firepower to protect themselves than police? News in the Houston area have reported 3-5 people invading a home at a time do you really think it's wise to limit the response available to those home owners? Keep in mind, it take much less time to die than it does to change a magazine.

It's pretty common for paranoid people to arm themselves to get an artificial and often illusory sense of security, that's fine, but a subset of "paranoid people" go over the edge into paranoid delusions that could possibly fuel an orgy of mass murder. Most people can agree that these people should not be armed but the problem is figuring out when paranoia becomes dangerous. Is the person who is convinced the government is out to get them and has amassed an arsenal dangerous? How about if they are sure aliens are involved? or that the CIA spies on them through the TV? It's all a judgment call and unfortunately the right is full of people who set a pretty high bar when it comes to what it means to be dangerously paranoid.

again, no one is talking about complete gun elimination, but it has been shown already that certain weapons in the hands of the public do not serve a public good. these include assault weapons and high capacity magazines. no one is talking about complete gun elimination, but if you are a real hunter, there a number of weapons available that are not assault weapons that have very high rankings.

50 Best Hunting Rifles of the Past 10 Years -- Photo 18 | Outdoor Life

I've got a very simple question, how many rounds should a citizen be restricted to, in a self defense situation?

How many attackers? What environment? What is the visibility? What is the armor of each attacker? etc... so the minute you can guarantee me all the details about a situation I have to defend, I will tell you exactly how many rounds I should need... then you will have to ask that of every other person because not everyone is the same in weapon, skillset, situation, etc

Idiot

Try this one.
Son Uses Dad’s AR-15 To Defend Home
Son Uses Dad’s AR-15 To Defend Home (2010) | Guns Save Lives

You did just ask for one, right? Question answered.

This happens all the time but it rarely makes the headlines of the PC media. Democrats would rather have the teen arrested for shooting the bad guy, especially if he was black & shooter was white. Most self defense by gun goes unreported because the shooter or person brandishing the firearm is afraid they will be in trouble by police.

Using data from a survey of detainees in a Washington D.C. jail, they worked with a prison physician to investigate the circumstances of gunshot wounds to these criminals.
It was found that one in four of these detainees had been wounded, in events that appear unrelated to their incarceration. Most were shot when they were involved in other robberies, assaults and crossfires. Virtually none report being wounded by a "law-abiding citizen." Go figure! They always try to pin it on the shooter even if they are in the right. Everyone knows this & will not report shooting criminals.

Here is just a small sample of actual reported Gun Defense over the past month:

11/30/2012 - An 81 year old man from Detroit was woke to the sounds of a brick shattering his glass door. He reached for his .22 Pistol and fired at the intruder three times. The intruder fled the scene. The 81 year old was unharmed.

11/21/2012 - Clemon Ferguson and Jeremy Pierce knocked on the locked door of Milwaukee hair salon "Hair Fantasies", and were let in by a customer. One of the men drew a gun and pointed it at the customer in the salon. The customer knocked the suspects arm away, and a shot was fired. The customer then drew his own gun, shooting both men. Ferguson died at the scene, and Pierce was wounded. Pierce later went to the police claiming he was shot when someone tried to mug him, but later admitted that story was false.

11/15/2012 - A woman was walking with her 6 year old son near Lake Sacajawea, when a man approached them and began masturbating in front of them, while encouraging the woman and child to watch. The woman brandished her handgun, causing the man to run away.

10/25/2012 - Three armed men broke into a home near UCF, Orlando, FL the homeowner confronted the men pulling out his own weapon and shooting one of the invaders several times. The two other men escaped through a second story window.

10/17/2012 - The 12 year old Kendra StClair was at home alone, when an unknown man (later identified as 32 year old Stacey Jones) rang the doorbell. The girl did not answer, and the Jones went to the back door of the home and kicked in the door. The girl called her mother, Debra StClair, who told her to get the family gun, hide in a closet, and call 911. The girl was on the phone with 911 as Jones went through the house, and when he began to open the closet, the girl shot him through the closet door. Jones ran away from the house and was found by the police and taken to the hospital. He was later charged with 1st Degree Burglary. Jones had previously been arrested for kidnapping an 18 year old mentally disabled girl.

Last edited:
Assault rifles for self defense -

Real world examples of this happening in the U.S. when the person using the weapon for self defense is -

1. Not acting as a government agent nor using a weapon issued to him/her by the government
2. Not acting as a trained private security guard.
3. Not defending a criminal enterprise.

Any?

What the fuck is an assault rifle? I was in the Navy for years, and know quite a few people that own guns, and I have never seen one. I bet I could walk into any gun store in this country and not find a single assault rifle for sale, yet people keep complaining about them. Can you provide some type of definition? Are you aware that the Bushmaster that everyone is currently whinging about was not covered by the Public Safety and Recreational use Firearms Protection Act?

Funny isn't it?? Like the weapon used makes it better or worse,if the guy had used a 12 ga Remington with double aught buck shot the damage would have been worse.

Many liberals are kooks. And that concerns the rest of us that aren't kooks. I think that we need to make certain that kooks can't vote and be dangerous to others.

Assault rifles for self defense -

Real world examples of this happening in the U.S. when the person using the weapon for self defense is -

1. Not acting as a government agent nor using a weapon issued to him/her by the government
2. Not acting as a trained private security guard.
3. Not defending a criminal enterprise.

Any?

I think the real problem is the lack of third-party product support. Where are the folks who should be making concealed carry holsters for AKs, etc? And surely, for the women folk, a big growth market, they desperately need CC purses and under garmet solutions so they too can safely leave their workplaces and homes.

Get crackin' gun accessory people!!! America needs your innovative thinking and stylish designs!!!!

An Ak would need to be modified to conceal. Here:

frabz-My-hair-is-my-hat-Your-argument-is-invalid-961f5a.jpg

It's pretty common for paranoid people to arm themselves to get an artificial and often illusory sense of security, that's fine, but a subset of "paranoid people" go over the edge into paranoid delusions that could possibly fuel an orgy of mass murder. Most people can agree that these people should not be armed but the problem is figuring out when paranoia becomes dangerous. Is the person who is convinced the government is out to get them and has amassed an arsenal dangerous? How about if they are sure aliens are involved? or that the CIA spies on them through the TV? It's all a judgment call and unfortunately the right is full of people who set a pretty high bar when it comes to what it means to be dangerously paranoid.

Why don't you get off your ass and tell the 2 million people that used firearms to protect themselves last year that they were just paranoid, and when your done do the same for the 2 million that have done the same this year and if your not dead by then you can start on the ones that protect themselves next year. Your just a typical leftist piece of crap, that thinks trying to label people will bolster you feeble non-argument and it's all bull shit.

An Ak would need to be modified to conceal. Here:

frabz-My-hair-is-my-hat-Your-argument-is-invalid-961f5a.jpg

The guy in the pick doesn't stike me as needing things to defend himself. The nigga be gettin' up in your punk ass face and whip your skinhead ass, no AK needed.

Ya feel me, my wigga?

Forum List

Back