Are you lefty or righty?

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
If you had to pick between calling yourself a lefty or calling yourself a righty, what would it be? If you can't just pick lefty or righty, I will put you down as a lefty. If you evade, I'll count that as lefty. Don't need any party affiliation or where you stand between left and right, just pick lefty or righty, whichever is closest to what you think you are.

I'll go first. Righty.

Or one could invest a minute or two and take this;

The World's Smallest Political Quiz​

Some added clarification. The above quiz is more than showing if you are Left or Right, but also Up or Down on issue of government authority. A four direction matrix.

About The Quiz​

The Left versus Right model doesn’t give any useful insight into the differences between the various political categories. It doesn’t tell us what the important differences are between liberal-progressives, conservatives, moderates, libertarians, and authoritarians.
The Quiz model is far more inclusive and accurate, despite only including two dimensions. It is based on the idea that the majority of political issues can be divided broadly into two categories: Economic and Personal.

The Personal category includes what you do in relationships, in self-expression, and in general what you do with your own body and mind. Examples of personal activities: marriage; choosing what books you read and movies you watch; what foods, medicines, and drugs you choose to consume; sports; your religious choices; organizations you join; who you choose to associate with.

The Economic category includes what you do as a producer and consumer — what you can buy, sell, or produce. Where you work, who you hire, or what you do with your money. Examples of economic activity: starting a business; buying a home; constructing a building; purchasing groceries; working in an office—in essence, the trading of goods and services.

Since most government activity occurs in these two major areas, political positions can be defined and compared by determining how much government control a person favors in these two areas.

The central insight of the political model The Quiz promotes is that the major difference between the various political philosophies, the real defining element in what a person believes, is the amount of government control over human action in both the personal and economic spheres.

In other words, there’s not just a left-right axis reflecting your personal values, but also an up-down one reflecting how willing you are to use force to get others to follow your values.

resultlibertarian-scaled.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About The Advocates​

Who We Are​

Last edited:
If you had to pick between calling yourself a lefty or calling yourself a righty, what would it be? If you can't just pick lefty or righty, I will put you down as a lefty. If you evade, I'll count that as lefty. Don't need any party affiliation or where you stand between left and right, just pick lefty or righty, whichever is closest to what you think you are.

I'll go first. Righty.

My somewhat extensive USMB posting history should serve to indicate my political standing. I am a paleoconservative. That being said, lately, I am a Flighty, meaning just that. Something more evil than ever before witnessed in human history is headed our way. Perhaps I am more of a Frosty, come to think of it. Yeah, stay frosty out there folks . . .

I'll go first. Righty.
Count this:

:fu:

I am an innie, outtie, lefty, righty, uppy, downy. easty, westy, northy, southy.

Your opinion means diddly squat.

Neither.

America was never great. Guns cause tens of thousands of deaths each year. White Nationalism is extremely wrong. All people must be provided with Food, Shelter, Medical Care.

Modern Progressives are Totalitarians much worse then Conservatives.

I have cross dominance but I think I'm slightly more left handed.

I can do many things with either hand but there are some I can only do with only my left or right.

Examples
I write left handed and I can't with my right
I play guitar right handed but can't play at all left handed.

I second this though I won't be surprised if I am labeled more conservative compared to liberal.

God bless you always!!!

Holly (a left handed writer)
Really, the only way we can tell if somebody is a lefty or a righty, is to talk to them or read their posts. It becomes self evident, regardless of what they claim to be. I enjoy a thread like this one though, because so many people want to claim to be something that they are not. It's no secret that I have written off all the obsolete political identifying terms of the past, in favor of looking at which of the only two sides of a political war people represent. The war that defines our current political landscape has only two sides, so the people who won't say which side they are on are usually trying to fight from both sides.

Really, the only way we can tell if somebody is a lefty or a righty, is to talk to them or read their posts. It becomes self evident, regardless of what they claim to be. I enjoy a thread like this one though, because so many people want to claim to be something that they are not. It's no secret that I have written off all the obsolete political identifying terms of the past, in favor of looking at which of the only two sides of a political war people represent. The war that defines our current political landscape has only two sides, so the people who won't say which side they are on are usually trying to fight from both sides.
To me, the problems with our current state of politics IS this mutually exclusive dichotomy you offer. Instead of people seeing themselves as thinking individuals with sets of values from which they derive their political positions on various subjects, they see themselves as a warrior for their tribe and it's a case of tribe uber alles.

Right now, at this point in time, it is tribe left that is definitely the worst of the two you envision, but that has nothing to do with left and right, really, but of authoritarian vs libertarian. See it as the up/down axis instead of the left/right if you will. It is the authoritarianism of the left that presents the greatest danger to a free and open society these days, especially inasmuch as it also enforces the orthodoxy of the globalist technocrats who use their dominance of the media to control us.

Forum List

Back