Are you a Demopublican?

Government at all levels has failed education, hence the people continue to "degenerate into a populace." this is, unfortunately something of a vicious cycle at this point. People are ignorant, they think that public education is marxist in origin, so they undermine the diffusion of knowledge or try to use it to promote theocracy, like our enemies in the world :p

Of course it is fascist in origin.

But that is irrelevant since "education" is primarily financed and controlled by the state. My daughter's HS civics textbook stated that Americans should not be ashamed about applying for welfare and food stamps.

the authors of our Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights were fascists? :cuckoo:
*facepalm*

The issue of state financed and compulsory education was not before the Constitutional Convention because education was not considered a state issue back then.

Had the issue been debated then we would really know how they actually fell.

The first state to finance education and to compel attendance was the People's Republic Of Taxachussets in the late 1800's. By them all the Founding Fathers were dead.

Advocates for Self Government

Yeah, I think that is fairly accurate in most things. I would suggest that the center is probably closest to conservative classical liberalism, while the 'conservative' side is not conservative, simply reactionary loons.

The two most dangerous positions in the paradigm to society and culture, of course, are 'statists' and 'libertarians'.

So jake what are you?cut and pase please

Jake is exactly where everyone tells him he is, center left.

Same link as Jake posted above ^^^

And in order to remain "conservative", he has redefined every term. :cuckoo:

Yep, that is if h was honest with his answers

'Had the issue been debated then we would really know how they actually fel[t].'

AHEM!

"it is better for the poorer classes to have the aid of the richer by a general tax on property, than that every parent should provide at his own expence for the education of his children, it is certain that every Class is interested in establishments which give to the human mind its highest improvements, and to every Country its truest and most durable celebrity."
-- James Madison; letter to W. T. Barry (Aug. 4, 1822)

"I have indeed two great measures at heart, without which no republic can maintain its strength. 1. That of general education, to enable every man to judge for himself what will secure or endanger his freedom. 2. To divide every county into hundreds, of such size that all the children of each will be in reach of a central school in it."
-- Thomas Jefferson; letter to John Tyler (May 26, 1810)

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 80%

Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 80%

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...

Libertarian

Big surprise there.

'Had the issue been debated then we would really know how they actually fel[t].'

AHEM!

"it is better for the poorer classes to have the aid of the richer by a general tax on property, than that every parent should provide at his own expence for the education of his children, it is certain that every Class is interested in establishments which give to the human mind its highest improvements, and to every Country its truest and most durable celebrity."

"I have indeed two great measures at heart, without which no republic can maintain its strength. 1. That of general education, to enable every man to judge for himself what will secure or endanger his freedom. 2. To divide every county into hundreds, of such size that all the children of each will be in reach of a central school in it."

de·bate (d-bt)
v. de·bat·ed, de·bat·ing, de·bates
v.intr.
1. To consider something; deliberate.
2. To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
3. To engage in a formal discussion or argument. See Synonyms at discuss.
4. Obsolete To fight or quarrel.

The government should not own or finance education.

"Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state.

–Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

Annnnd... is that what our founding fathers believed? o_0

Can you identify ONE - UNO - EIN - UN - Founding Father who stated that it would be a neat idea to have the government educate the children.

Hint: Marx, Castro, Hillary Clinton are not Founders.

All those who voted in favor of the Land Ordinance of 1785, for starters.

Contumacious, you may be a libertarian, but our founding fathers were not so silly.

Yep, I am a solid Libertarian. As were our Founding Fathers.

Well, after over 100 years of government involvement in education we have determined that they were wrong.

By the way neither one of them supported MANDATORY ATTENDANCE Laws.

After 225 years of experience, we have discovered that Contumacious is wrong.

We are presently enjoying a gargantuan welfare/warfare state. So HOW was Monroe's commentary "dead on"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Government at all levels has failed education, hence the people continue to "degenerate into a populace." this is, unfortunately something of a vicious cycle at this point. People are ignorant, they think that public education is marxist in origin, so they undermine the diffusion of knowledge or try to use it to promote theocracy, like our enemies in the world :p

But that is irrelevant since "education" is primarily financed and controlled by the state. My daughter's HS civics textbook stated that Americans should not be ashamed about applying for welfare and food stamps.

You don't get to redefine concepts outside of their historical context.

That is malicious.

Advocates for Self Government

Yeah, I think that is fairly accurate in most things. I would suggest that the center is probably closest to conservative classical liberalism, while the 'conservative' side is not conservative, simply reactionary loons.

The two most dangerous positions in the paradigm to society and culture, of course, are 'statists' and 'libertarians'.

Nope, that's what you and the wacks do to avoid being correctly identified as the wingnuts that you all are.

the authors of our Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights were fascists? :cuckoo:
*facepalm*

The issue of state financed and compulsory education was not before the Constitutional Convention because education was not considered a state issue back then.

Had the issue been debated then we would really know how they actually fell.

The first state to finance education and to compel attendance was the People's Republic Of Taxachussets in the late 1800's. By them all the Founding Fathers were dead.

False, try again.

AHEM!

de·bate (d-bt)
v. de·bat·ed, de·bat·ing, de·bates
v.intr.
1. To consider something; deliberate.
2. To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
3. To engage in a formal discussion or argument. See Synonyms at discuss.
4. Obsolete To fight or quarrel..

Tell us, Contumacious, why you are so interested in children's education: probably, for the same reason as Andrew Vachs, hmmm?

You and other sickos like bigrebnc need to come clean why you want a libertarian society. And that's exactly why you will never get it.

Nope, that's what you and the wacks do to avoid being correctly identified as the wingnuts that you all are.

The fact that you disagree with EVERY conservative poster leads to one inescapable conclusion, while you may have been the cat's meow 35 years ago, the GOP has moved to the right of you.

Your views and positions are center left at best.

Learn to deal with it.

I sure do not disagree with "every conservative poster" is false, and you know it.

What I do disagree with is wingnuts like you who try to be "conservative", which you are not, Missourian.

Run along, please, we don't have time for fruit loops.

I sure do not disagree with "every conservative poster" is false, and you know it.

What I do disagree with is wingnuts like you who try to be "conservative", which you are not, Missourian.

Run along, please, we don't have time for fruit loops.

So what conservative poster do you consistently agree with?

I'll wait.

I don't give a darn if you wait forever, Missourian. You are not a conservative, your are only a wing nut, and I have no problem not playing your game. Thank you for posting. :lol:

:lol: bigrebnc is a pseudo-libertarian wing nut trying to pretend he is "conservative" :lol:

don't stop posting, bigreb, please

I don't give a darn if you wait forever, Missourian. You are not a conservative, your are only a wing nut, and I have no problem not playing your game. Thank you for posting. :lol:

Still waiting Jake.

You called me a liar...now back it up.

Which conservative poster do you consistently agree with Jake?

Missourian thinks to control a discussion that s/he never had control of. :lol:

You are not a conservative, so what you think is not important to me about conservatism or the party.

What is important to me is that you keep outing your wing nut reactionary activism to the rest of the board.

:lol: Please keep doing so. I will give you the last word for a while, so think about it before you post.

Here is Jake tapdancing to avoid answering the question.

:dance:

Still waiting Jake.

You called me a liar...prove it or retract it.

Which conservative poster do you consistently agree with Jake?​

Forum List

Back