Are you a Demopublican?

Advocates for Self Government

Yeah, I think that is fairly accurate in most things. I would suggest that the center is probably closest to conservative classical liberalism, while the 'conservative' side is not conservative, simply reactionary loons.

The two most dangerous positions in the paradigm to society and culture, of course, are 'statists' and 'libertarians'.

Last edited:

Yeah, I think that is fairly accurate in most things. I would suggest that the center is probably closest to conservative classical liberalism, while the 'conservative' side is not conservative, simply reactionary loons.

The two most dangerous positions in the paradigm to society and culture, of course, are 'statists' and 'libertarians'.

So jake what are you?cut and pase please

How do Libertarians feel about public education?

The government should not own or finance education.

"Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state.

–Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

Annnnd... is that what our founding fathers believed? o_0

Can you identify ONE - UNO - EIN - UN - Founding Father who stated that it would be a neat idea to have the government educate the children.

Hint: Marx, Castro, Hillary Clinton are not Founders.

The government should not own or finance education.

"Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state.

–Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

Annnnd... is that what our founding fathers believed? o_0

Can you identify ONE - UNO - EIN - UN - Founding Father who stated that it would be a neat idea to have the government educate the children.

Hint: Marx, Castro, Hillary Clinton are not Founders.

*cuts and pastes from above* well here are two for a start...

"it is better for the poorer classes to have the aid of the richer by a general tax on property, than that every parent should provide at his own expence for the education of his children, it is certain that every Class is interested in establishments which give to the human mind its highest improvements, and to every Country its truest and most durable celebrity."
-- James Madison; letter to W. T. Barry (Aug. 4, 1822)

"I have indeed two great measures at heart, without which no republic can maintain its strength. 1. That of general education, to enable every man to judge for himself what will secure or endanger his freedom. 2. To divide every county into hundreds, of such size that all the children of each will be in reach of a central school in it."
-- Thomas Jefferson; letter to John Tyler (May 26, 1810)

Last edited:
"It is only when the people become ignorant and corrupt, when they degenerate into a populace, that they are incapable of exercising the sovereignty. Usurpation is then an easy attainment... Let us by all wise and constitutional measures promote intelligence among the people as the best means of preserving our liberties." -- James Monroe; 'First Inaugural Address'

Yep, I am a solid Libertarian. As were our Founding Fathers.

"it is better for the poorer classes to have the aid of the richer by a general tax on property, than that every parent should provide at his own expence for the education of his children, it is certain that every Class is interested in establishments which give to the human mind its highest improvements, and to every Country its truest and most durable celebrity."

"I have indeed two great measures at heart, without which no republic can maintain its strength. 1. That of general education, to enable every man to judge for himself what will secure or endanger his freedom. 2. To divide every county into hundreds, of such size that all the children of each will be in reach of a central school in it."

Well, after over 100 years of government involvement in education we have determined that they were wrong.

By the way neither one of them supported MANDATORY ATTENDANCE Laws.

Yep, I am a solid Libertarian. As were our Founding Fathers.

Well, after over 100 years of government involvement in education we have determined that they were wrong.

Observing over a quarter of a century of electoral history tells me that in particular James Monroe's commentary is dead on.

Why, read above, bigrebnc, if you are confused.

Observing over a quarter of a century of electoral history tells me that in particular James Monroe's commentary is dead on.

We are presently enjoying a gargantuan welfare/warfare state. So HOW was Monroe's commentary "dead on"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Why, read above, bigrebnc, if you are confused.

I think the test determined that you were a libertarian.

We are presently enjoying a gargantuan welfare/warfare state. So HOW was Monroe's commentary "dead on"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Government at all levels has failed education, hence the people continue to "degenerate into a populace." this is, unfortunately something of a vicious cycle at this point. People are ignorant, they think that public education is marxist in origin, so they undermine the diffusion of knowledge or try to use it to promote theocracy, like our enemies in the world :p

http://www.newfoundations.com/Clabaugh/CuttingEdge/Reagan.html

Last edited:

Government at all levels has failed education, hence the people continue to "degenerate into a populace." this is, unfortunately something of a vicious cycle at this point. People are ignorant, they think that public education is marxist in origin, so they undermine the diffusion of knowledge or try to use it to promote theocracy, like our enemies in the world :p

Of course it is fascist in origin.

But that is irrelevant since "education" is primarily financed and controlled by the state. My daughter's HS civics textbook stated that Americans should not be ashamed about applying for welfare and food stamps.

Of course it is fascist in origin.

But that is irrelevant since "education" is primarily financed and controlled by the state. My daughter's HS civics textbook stated that Americans should not be ashamed about applying for welfare and food stamps.

the authors of our Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights were fascists? :cuckoo:
*facepalm*

Jake is exactly where everyone tells him he is, center left.

Same link as Jake posted above ^^^

And in order to remain "conservative", he has redefined every term. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back