Are there superior intelligences out there?

that are we to frogs?
I suspect smart like us may be rare and I would guess that every star probably has life somewhere within it's gravitational pull but smarter than us does exist. How much smarter I have no idea.

I believe the universe is a huge zoo.

Imagine if dinosaurs still ruled and we were just cavemen. Dolphins would be considered the smartest creature to an alien

there are billions and billions of star systems in our own galaxy, and billions and billions of gallixies.

And we're so special! Sure we are, just like winning the lottery AND powerball twice in a row is special.

Looking at all the habitable planets I'd bet we're not special at all.

You've come across a lot of habitable planets have you, sploogy? :lmao:

there are billions and billions of star systems in our own galaxy, and billions and billions of gallixies.

And we're so special! Sure we are, just like winning the lottery AND powerball twice in a row is special.

You've come across a lot of habitable planets have you, sploogy? :lmao:
No. So why because we can't see that far does that tell you we are all alone?

Even if you had the ability to completely explore another solar system and found no life, how do you know one planet or moon didn't have life 2 billion years ago? Or maybe there will be life 3 billion years from now.

There was probably life on Mars once and there may be life in Europa. We don't know yet and those are in our solar system.

I think the universe is the coolest zoo. Each solar system is different.

Consider this. If the dinosaurs were here we would just be smart monkeys and dolphins would be the smartest creature. Probably more planets like that than ours

I bet very few other planets with life are like here just because of how we lucked out when the dinosaurs disappeared. Most other planets probably still have dinosaurs.

Or consider the tardigrade. It can live in extremely cold and hot temperatures. Humans might not be able to survive on other planets that have life. Different atmosphere, gravity, ozone, oxygen levels, co2, yada yada.

And this planet may still have life on it after it becomes uninhabitable for humans. Cockroaches and tardigrades will live on. What if aliens visit earth then?

Sealybobo,

Doesn't mean that we shouldn't find out and attempt too.

This inability to drive forward with science and exploration is why we're losing the war culturally to the flat earth society.
I don't believe there's anything we can't do. That includes interstellar travel.

If we can't master the universe we may only live 3 billion more years instead of 20 billion which is roughly how long the universe has left. Or maybe we humans only have 50 million years. Or 1000. Or 100,000. I know that seems like a long time but you know how time flies.

Maybe we can one day travel to other universes so we live forever.

A meteor could hit 300 years from now. Or Trump could start ww3 tomorrow. Could you imagine surviving and being thrown back 200 years technologically?

Sealybobo,

This inability to drive forward with science and exploration is why we're losing the war culturally to the flat earth society.
So we are looking for two things. Any other life and other intelligent life. Do you want to find other intelligent life? Depends if it's friendly. It'd be great if they had a cure for cancer?

Or what if they were so weak and stupid that to them you were Superman? And the most vicious animals they have are chickens. You would be a god. If they had wars with rocks and sticks you could end all wars on that planet. Rule!

Anyways, I think more often you will find things like tardigrades and cockroaches. Tough creatures. Insects, snake like, bats, beaver, squid.

The more I think about it the more I laugh off anyone who thinks we are alone. And even if we find more intelligent or less believers are gonna keep believing. Let's just hope what we find isn't overly superstitious and doesn't think it's God's only chosen people. Their holy book might warn of things like us and god may have told them we would be wicked and to kill us.

Sealybobo,

I believe eventually life happens around every star. Maybe 1 out of 100,000 have life as smart as us. Maybe 1 in 10,000 have life as smart as dolphins. Most life might be like those worms we found at the bottom of the ocean. 6 foot long and lives without photosynthesis. How can it stand the pressure? If it weren't happening here we would say they are out of this world. And we just discovered them. So we don't even fully know our own planet yet. How smart are we?

Superior to us? Kind of a low bar there, huh? But yeah, the number of planets in the goldilocks zone is just too large. When you consider how many stars there are in just our galaxy and then how many galaxies there are, there's no way evolution hasn't worked elsewhere.
That's the thing. Had the meteor not hit wiping out dinosaurs, us humans wouldn't be what we are today. That lucky event wiped out the fittest and allowed us to take over.

Consider this. The dolphin brain has been evolving for millions of years longer than ours. So we might be very rare. Are there smarter? God I hope so.

Rare indeed, but how rare? First, superior intelligence does not have to mean the development of interstellar travel. Second, the fact that we don't know how to do it doesn't mean others haven't. Maybe they've been here before and we don't know it, maybe they even seeded life on this planet. Far fetched? Absolutely. Impossible? No. Do you know how many reports there have been since Roswell of UFOs, and by reputable people too. Cops, airline pilots, military, etc. We ain't talking about wingnuts here.
They may not be wing nuts but what they saw don't cut it. Evidence is what we need. The u stands for what?

But I pretty much agree a dolphin might be way smarter than we know. Their brains are way more developed. Doesn't mean they invent things.

And we were seeded by something. Could've been aliens. I would need proof

U = Unidentified

Thousands of documented sightings isn't evidence? From all over the world? Hey, I'm with ya, I'd like to see some proof myself. But I am also keeping an open mind.
There is not one shred of credible evidence. I would love to believe the Pharos were aliens who came here and made love to so many monkeys that they made what we now call humans. And the ancestors of the aliens are either long gone or they are the billionaires that rule the central bank to this day. Wouldn't that be something?

that are we to frogs?

Australian Fossils Hint At Where To Search For Life On Mars

If we find out that there was once life on mars, that will confirm life is probably all over the universe. It'll prove earth isn't unique.

The fossil finding predates the previous oldest evidence for life on land by almost 600 million years, the scientists say.

This recent finding, Djokic says, is "a geological perspective saying actually, really early on we're already seeing life on land. So it just lends weight potentially to an argument suggesting that the origin of life on land might be something to consider."

It could also suggest where to look in the search for life on Mars.

NASA is currently considering where to land the rover on its 2020 Mars Exploration Mission, and one of the sites is a "hot spring-type setting," about the same age as the early Earth, Djokic says.

"If you're going to look for life on Mars, we know it was preserved on hot springs here on the ancient earth," she says. "So there's a good chance if it ever developed on Mars, then it would probably be preserved in hot springs there, too."

If there's "life" on Mars in the form of simpler lifeforms in a fossilized state, we may just find that they are the same as ours. If there is life anywhere in our Solar System, it may very well all be genetically related.

As close as we are to Proxima Centauri, and the likelihood of our two Oort Clouds intersecting, this relation may also carry over to our neighbors.

The age of galactic discovery is only an infant still. Exciting times ahead!
I won't even argue with people who think we are the only life in the universe. Even though there's no proof yet it seems mathematically impossible we are alone.

So I don't even wonder if we are alone. I wonder how common, how close? How intelligent?

Like out of 1000 planets with life is it 1 in 1000 that have intelligent life? One in a million? Every other?

A dolphins brain has been evolving for millions of years longer than ours. I bet more planets have dinosaurs that weren't accidentally wiped out, giving way for us to relax and invent.

If there were still dinosaurs we would still exist but we'd still be in the Stone age.

This budding Mathematician cannot possibly believe we are alone either. From sheer mathematics to empirical evidence to every ancient religion still practiced today, life outside of Earth is not only a high possibility/probability, but most likely; and, it explains so many things that the average person doesn't even think to consider.

If there were still dinosaurs, we might even be their slaves with how many hundreds of millions of years extra they would have had for development.

I've never subscribed to the concept of evolution through survival of the fittest. Most adaptable and intelligent, yeah. Meatheads do meathead things. They don't adapt.
Survival of the fittest, as stated by Darwin, never meant the survival of the nastiest and meanest. It always meant survival of those organisms most adapted to the environment. That is why Darwin spoke against Social Darwinism his whole life.

:rofl:

You truly are a fucking retard. No wonder you follow an idiotic cult and delude yourself that it makes you wise.

Herbert Spencer, not Charles Darwin defined the concept of "survival of the fittest," and it means exactly the nastiest and meanest among top predators. But by all means, do endeavor to explain to a great white shark that accepting Gaia as it's savior and adopting the fucktard cult of glowBULL warming is the path to supremacy...

Actually, Darwin never said that and it has no meaning at all. It's a tautology.

A problem with evolution is that it's slow. So, maybe nasty and mean has a use too.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

The problem with evolution for your cultist fucktards is that it is nowhere near random.

{
Malcolm smiled. “The big deal,” he said, “is that everybody agrees evolution occurs, but nobody understands how it works. There are big problems with the theory. And more and more scientists are admitting it. …”

“First of all, there’s a time problem. A single bacterium--the earliest form of life--has two thousand enzymes. Scientists have estimated how long it would take to randomly assemble those enzymes from primordial soup. Estimates run from forty billion years to one hundred billion years. But the earth is only four billion years old. So, chance alone seems too slow. …”

“Second, there’s the coordination problem. If you believe the current theory, then all the wonderful complexity of life is nothing but the accumulation of chance events--a bunch of genetic accidents strung together. Yet when we look closely at animals, it appears as if many elements must have evolved simultaneously. Take bats, which have echolocation--they navigate by sound. To do that, many things must evolve. Bats need a specialized apparatus to make sounds, they need specialized ears to hear echoes, they need specialized brains to interpret the sounds, and they need specialized bodies to swoop and catch insects. If all these things don’t evolve simultaneously, there’s no advantage. And to imagine all these things happen purely by chance is like imagining that a tornado can hit a junkyard and assemble the parts into a working 747 airplane. It’s very hard to believe.”} - Michael Crichton

that are we to frogs?
I suspect smart like us may be rare and I would guess that every star probably has life somewhere within it's gravitational pull but smarter than us does exist. How much smarter I have no idea.

Imagine if dinosaurs still ruled and we were just cavemen. Dolphins would be considered the smartest creature to an alien

Honestly Silly Bonobo, your IQ in the low 40's doesn't propel you into the range of "smart."

Sealybobo,

You're losing the war because;
  1. You're a fucking retard
  2. You have sold out the process of discovery which is science for absolute faith in an absurd cult.
You have done #2 because of #1. You are a fraud, a moron who aspires to knowledge. You lack the intellect to grasp the actual concepts needed to engage in any serious study, so you recite foolish dogma with the asinine belief that in reciting what the shamans of your cult feed you that you somehow can high jack the intellect of your superiors and make yourself equal.

You are a pretender to intellect, you fool only yourself.

Are there superior intelligences out there?

Of course. We call them "liberals".

that are we to frogs?

Honestly Silly Bonobo, your IQ in the low 40's doesn't propel you into the range of "smart."
So you think god magically appeared bats fully grown? That's how bats got here? God designed them then magically bats existed?

Forum List

Back