Are the dead aware that they are dead?

When you die its either paradise or torments.....the bible gives a clear description about Lazarus and the rich man.

"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'

"'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'

"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.'"

If a person is asleep are they aware that they are asleep?

If one lives in the dust (confusion) of the earth (to the mortal flesh) how could they know the difference of being dead, asleep or if they are actually awake?

Adam (a red earth human- aka Edomite) walks in the garden of Eden (own pleasures) until the Lord awakened them and presented to the human a woman made from the human's own ryib (a case at law, strife, or contention). I did not get that for a long time until Christmas some years back I was allowed to recall it from a dream state. I had asked "what's this rib stuff". It did not sound correct to me. The stories surrounding the Bible are charming but not always accurate when interpreted by the human's who live in their own sins and pleasures.

We can believe every word but can we trust another persons interpretation of that word? I do not believe we can unless that person has been endowed to understand via the Holy Spirit that lives in them.

This does not mean I do not love Christmas. After I also have an earthly human side. The paganistic Christmas is absolutely beautiful with all of its lights and frills. It galls me to see the spiritually dead attack others who are not fully awakened as they themselves need to work on themselves prior to going after someone else. Then again for everything there is a purpose, a time and a season. If they are not violent and forceful about it all they can bitch all they want I suppose. It does not mean anyone will take them seriously except for the other spiritually dead people that enjoy hanging with them.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Of course not, and what a silly question. Dead people aren't aware of anything. The brain is no longer functioning. They also aren't breathing or digesting food. Duh.

If one lives in the dust (confusion) of the earth (to the mortal flesh) how could they know the difference of being dead, asleep or if they are actually awake?

Adam (a red earth human- aka Edomite) walks in the garden of Eden (own pleasures) until the Lord awakened them and presented to the human a woman made from the human's own ryib (a case at law, strife, or contention). I did not get that for a long time until Christmas some years back I was allowed to recall it from a dream state. I had asked "what's this rib stuff". It did not sound correct to me. The stories surrounding the Bible are charming but not always accurate when interpreted by the human's who live in their own sins and pleasures.

We can believe every word but can we trust another persons interpretation of that word? I do not believe we can unless that person has been endowed to understand via the Holy Spirit that lives in them.

This does not mean I do not love Christmas. After I also have an earthly human side. The paganistic Christmas is absolutely beautiful with all of its lights and frills. It galls me to see the spiritually dead attack others who are not fully awakened as they themselves need to work on themselves prior to going after someone else. Then again for everything there is a purpose, a time and a season. If they are not violent and forceful about it all they can bitch all they want I suppose. It does not mean anyone will take them seriously except for the other spiritually dead people that enjoy hanging with them.

jehovahs Witness alert.

Good topic. Reading the pages one can find how our body is like a car, having a computer controlling the different systems of the car, like the electric system, the AC system, the engine, the transmission, the coordination of breaks when sudden stop is made (ABS) etc. How the computer (human brain) send signals for the functional work of the engine (heart) to cause the function of the other systems thru belts running and impulsing their work while activating life in the car. A combination of electrical and mechanical means.

How the engine system itself has its own electric system controlling its own beats, and how the whole group depends of the electric source which is the battery plus there is the alternator to keep renovating the electrical impulse, otherwise the power of the battery expires and the car stalls. Marvelous discussion but sadly with unnecessary insults

The vedette in question is if one is aware that he is dead.

But, there are different kinds of "dead".

I knew a couple who lived very happy for years. He was separated from his wife for more than a decade, and living by himself later he knew the new woman.

They went together to a church to check if something can be done in accord to the bible about their relationship. They loved one to another, they even had a child, and they really wanted to have a blessing.

When she had the opportunity to say her side, her feelings, her concerns, she was very sad, apparently because she perceived that the answer from the pastor won't be good news for their relationship.

Her first words were: "I feel spiritually dead..." She was in love with that man, many years on his side, but when it was about her religious belief, she felt God won't accept their relationship with her man.

She is not the only one. Many people perceive that even when they are not biologically dead, that their lives have "no spiritual future". Like if they have accepted resignation in losing the promised eternal life not because they are bad people but because their lives took paths against their own beliefs because different reasons.

They live normal lives like everybody but inside the feel they are spiritually dead.

I felt sorry for that woman because her suffering, I wished I would have never been there that day and witnessed her case, the sad faces of both of them, wishing to share their happiness together with God. The pastor only suggested for them to pray and that he will be in touch with them. He was to consult about their situation with the members of the church, if they agree for them to be will accepted.

After two months, I visited that church again, and I was told that this couple didn't return anymore.

So, I ask as a curiosity, why do you want eternal life?

Think about it.

jehovahs Witness alert.
Are you a Jehovah's Witness DOTR?

Good topic. Reading the pages one can find how our body is like a car, having a computer controlling the different systems of the car, like the electric system, the AC system, the engine, the transmission, the coordination of breaks when sudden stop is made (ABS) etc. How the computer (human brain) send signals for the functional work of the engine (heart) to cause the function of the other systems thru belts running and impulsing their work while activating life in the car. A combination of electrical and mechanical means.

How the engine system itself has its own electric system controlling its own beats, and how the whole group depends of the electric source which is the battery plus there is the alternator to keep renovating the electrical impulse, otherwise the power of the battery expires and the car stalls. Marvelous discussion but sadly with unnecessary insults

I knew a couple who lived very happy for years. He was separated from his wife for more than a decade, and living by himself later he knew the new woman.

They went together to a church to check if something can be done in accord to the bible about their relationship. They loved one to another, they even had a child, and they really wanted to have a blessing.

When she had the opportunity to say her side, her feelings, her concerns, she was very sad, apparently because she perceived that the answer from the pastor won't be good news for their relationship.

Her first words were: "I feel spiritually dead..." She was in love with that man, many years on his side, but when it was about her religious belief, she felt God won't accept their relationship with her man.

She is not the only one. Many people perceive that even when they are not biologically dead, that their lives have "no spiritual future". Like if they have accepted resignation in losing the promised eternal life not because they are bad people but because their lives took paths against their own beliefs because different reasons.

They live normal lives like everybody but inside the feel they are spiritually dead.

I felt sorry for that woman because her suffering, I wished I would have never been there that day and witnessed her case, the sad faces of both of them, wishing to share their happiness together with God. The pastor only suggested for them to pray and that he will be in touch with them. He was to consult about their situation with the members of the church, if they agree for them to be will accepted.

After two months, I visited that church again, and I was told that this couple didn't return anymore.

Think about it.
A decent analogy as everything has certain working portions even the spirit. I have no doubt that there are varied levels of awareness of the Spirit present. For instance seeing demons in someone for the first time can be a shocker. One may have been some what aware that spiritual entities were at play but did not actually see them and when you do you start questioning if it was real and you attempt to get away from it as quickly as possible. I've spoken with a few others that were given this gift and they were like I used to be. We avoided being around crowds and a lot of people. The same is when you are aware of their pain in cases like you mention. It is difficult to see their hurt and not be able to provide assistance.

Per the question on eternal life. I have considered it over the years very little other than perhaps feeling out of place and questioning the reason for my own existence. I felt very inadequate for coping with earthly matters through most of my youth and even into adulthood. Through all of that I generally asked for help from God to understand the things I needed to know and to guide me. You could say it was similar to sleep walking. It went that away until what one could call a super search for truth back in 1998. That is when I started questioning certain events that did not make any sense in an earthly manner. One of those instances was when I lay myself down in the Colorado River in the middle of the night letting the water wash over me hoping I would just float away. Longer story and more personal than I am willing to post here on this forum but one can take a guess at why a 4 year old would do that to them self. I can say it wasn't a human that pull me from the river that night and set me on the bank of the river dry and unharmed. I had not revisited those super natural occurrences that happened throughout my life for almost forty years.

I think every one has experiences that involve the spirit but many of these things are kept from us. It is that hidden treasure.

Personally I would not want eternal life for portions of myself that I know only exist here in the world of carnal flesh. My quest is more of one to become an overcomer and go out no more as in Revelation 3:12.

Think about it.

dead what ...

How the computer (human brain) send signals for the functional work of the engine (heart) ... The vedette in question is if one is aware that he is dead.

your analysis is certainly the norm though not conclusive ...

images

flora has no cns - brain and does the same functions as your opening paragraph - how can "human brain send signals" - computers do not think.

certainly in both cases the physiology expires there is yet proof the same is true for the spirit though the physiology itself might just be the proof needed to realize the spirits awareness as the motivation while the physiology is functioning.

and that the laws for the spirit may not necessarily coincide for its expiration the same as physiology - so a possibility does exist for a freed spirit to persist into the Everlasting.

dead what ...

Why they have to be aware if the spirit from God has returned back to Him?

Can a car still be "alive" without the energy which caused it to work?
your analysis is certainly the norm though not conclusive ...

images

flora has no cns - brain...

That is according to you. So, keep with your theory because I won't interrupt your insight about it. But, remember, that is according to you.

certainly in both cases the physiology expires there is yet proof the same is true for the spirit though the physiology itself might just be the proof needed to realize the spirits awareness as the motivation while the physiology is functioning.

and that the laws for the spirit may not necessarily coincide for its expiration the same as physiology - so a possibility does exist for a freed spirit to persist into the Everlasting.

Yes, the spirit can continue while the body can expire. Question is, are you aware that the spirit you are referring to "is not you"?

The soul is you.

Then, you must check now if you were talking about the spirit or about the soul.

And are the dead aware that they can vote in certain cities and states? AND have their chosen party changed from Republican to Democrat? THIS is what I'd like to know.............

Do you think you will be aware that you died?

An inch here an inch there.

I think we will know when we experience death. It's probably not a good feeling for those who have sins or regret in their life. It was a scary feeling when I was almost hit by a van speeding on the freeway. Missed me by inches. That's the closest I have been although things could have turned for the worse when confronting someone. A partner of mine got a gun pointed in his face when he underestimated a suspect and kept asking them questions about their identity and what they were doing someplace. (Usually, this is better than having a gun pointed at you from out of reach, but he was surprised he was looking at a .45 when he thought he was safe from harm.)

If we come back from the dead, i.e. near-death experience, then I do not know. We will have experienced death, but are able to live again to tell about it. We have accounts of the good and the bad. Thus, I think you will be aware when you die.

Of course not. Good grief, I already answered this. You will also not be aware of the temperature around you, and you won't be breathing or digesting food.

What about this simple idea is so hard to grasp?

Of course not. Good grief, I already answered this. You will also not be aware of the temperature around you, and you won't be breathing or digesting food.

The topic is in reference to the status of the spirit or the soul of a person. not of his dead body. This is a religion talk.

The topic is in reference to the status of the spirit or the soul of a person. not of his dead body. This is a religion talk.
Actually, the thread title is a scientific question. And the answer is: no.

I think we will know when we experience death. It's probably not a good feeling for those who have sins or regret in their life. It was a scary feeling when I was almost hit by a van speeding on the freeway. Missed me by inches. That's the closest I have been although things could have turned for the worse when confronting someone. A partner of mine got a gun pointed in his face when he underestimated a suspect and kept asking them questions about their identity and what they were doing someplace. (Usually, this is better than having a gun pointed at you from out of reach, but he was surprised he was looking at a .45 when he thought he was safe from harm.)

If we come back from the dead, i.e. near-death experience, then I do not know. We will have experienced death, but are able to live again to tell about it. We have accounts of the good and the bad. Thus, I think you will be aware when you die.

People have witnessed seeing their carnal dead body laying there before their flesh was revived. This earthly flesh is a temporary state. It is a container for the Spirit and the Soul to grow in. As in Isaiah 40 states; 'flesh is as grass'. Also described as a wineskins Luke 5:38

:linky:. What if you are shot and do not die immediately?

The neuroscientists state that you are still conscious. I've read Dr. Sam Parnia articles.

Actually, my question has to do when you are dying. At the moment of death. I think we experience death. I assume this is what you are talking about and you are saying most people do not experience death.

If one dies in their sleep, then I do not know.

+++++++++

It may have started as sci-fi such as Twilight Zone shows that people experience the moment of death, especially if you're a bad guy. You end up experiencing it over and over again.

:linky:. What if you are shot and do not die immediately?

The neuroscientists state that you are still conscious. I've read Dr. Sam Parnia articles.

Actually, my question has to do when you are dying. At the moment of death. I think we experience death. I assume this is what you are talking about and you are saying most people do not experience death.

If one dies in their sleep, then I do not know.

+++++++++

It may have started as sci-fi such as Twilight Zone shows that people experience the moment of death, especially if you're a bad guy. You end up experiencing it over and over again.

The flesh experiences death and the soul can to. The awareness of that is not always manifested to where we can understand it all.

People have witnessed seeing their carnal dead body laying there before their flesh was revived. This earthly flesh is a temporary state. It is a container for the Spirit and the Soul to grow in. As in Isaiah 40 states; 'flesh is as grass'. Also described as a wineskins Luke 5:38

Is that what Isaiah 40 states? Or Luke 5:38?

"The Word of God Stands Forever
6 A voice says, “Cry!”

And I said,3 “What shall I cry?”

iAll flesh is grass,

and all its beauty4 is like the flower of the field.

7 The grass withers, the flower fades

when the breath of the Lord blows on it;

surely the people are grass.

8 jThe grass withers, the flower fades,

but the word of our God will stand forever."

or

"A Question About Fasting

33 And they said to him, l“The disciples of John mfast often and moffer prayers, nand so do the disciples of the Pharisees, but yours eat and drink.” 34 And Jesus said to

them, o“Can you make wedding guests fast while the bridegroom is with them? 35 pThe days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and qthen they will

fast in those days.” 36 He also told them a parable: “No one tears a piece from a new garment and puts it on an old garment. If he does, he will tear the new, and the piece

from the new will not match the old. 37 And no one puts new wine into old rwineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins and it will be spilled, and the skins will be

destroyed. 38 But new wine must be put into fresh wineskins. 39 And no one after drinking old wine desires new, for he says, ‘The old is good.’ ”5

I think the question of the topic also started when the interrogative is, what will happen with all the knowledge acquired in life by the individual?

I'm skeptic, I won't accept the best theory of science without reviewing, neither the existence of God or the spiritual world without at least experience events which I can't explain and I know weren't illusions or dreams.

In the case of theories (not science but theories of science) I can state with sure certainty, several of them are nothing but garbage to the square. About experiences which can't be explained and in many cases are similar to what others say, I think that there is something more and beyond our empirical world.

What I have found is that the several "reports" from people, who even have declared they had a talk with Jesus, or that they saw other people's souls, etc, in reality they have mixed what they learned in life with what they experienced when they were took for dead for a few minutes.

Same as many have said they saw a light, a tunnel, angels, Jesus, God, etc, there are also others who were declared dead for a minute or more and they didn't experience anything similar, or better to say, they just went blank all those moments.

Then, there is not a common denominator to establish one's soul can still "perceiving" the objective world after death. Surely it should be fantastic to keep seeing ourselves laying in a bed or to the loved ones after our death, but that also becomes a contrariety, something like acquiring certain powers or privileges never mentioned in the religious book.

Forum List

Back