Are the dead aware that they are dead?

This is a tangent, but it may allow others to understand Christianity and the afterlife. William Lane Craig, the Christian apologist, said that he became closer to God because "I remember when as a non-Christian I first heard the Gospel. I was leading a pretty morally upright life—externally, at least—, and yet when I learned that according to the Bible, I was guilty before God and therefore on my way to hell, I had absolutely no problem believing that. When I looked into my own heart, I saw the blackness within, how everything I did was tainted by selfishness. I knew how wretched I was really was." In other words, it's not easy to be good. It's easier to give that appearance when deep down, that isn't the way you think or feel. Furthermore, no one is good enough to merit heaven just based on good deeds. We still do not measure up to Jesus' moral law.

WLC is an old earth Christian, so a new Age Atheist wrote him -- Will God's Judgement Be More Tolerable for Atheists than for Young Earth Creationists?
Will God’s Judgement Be More Tolerable for Atheists than for Young Earth Creationists? | Reasonable Faith .

It's an important lesson in that even though we judge ourselves as being good by our actions and deeds, our thoughts and moral values count just as much. It's one of the things Christians come to face with in following Jesus towards a better afterlife.

This is a tangent, but it may allow others to understand Christianity and the afterlife. William Lane Craig, the Christian apologist, said that he became closer to God because "I remember when as a non-Christian I first heard the Gospel. I was leading a pretty morally upright life—externally, at least—, and yet when I learned that according to the Bible, I was guilty before God and therefore on my way to hell, I had absolutely no problem believing that. When I looked into my own heart, I saw the blackness within, how everything I did was tainted by selfishness. I knew how wretched I was really was." In other words, it's not easy to be good. It's easier to give that appearance when deep down, that isn't the way you think or feel. Furthermore, no one is good enough to merit heaven just based on good deeds. We still do not measure up to Jesus' moral law.

WLC is an old earth Christian, so a new Age Atheist wrote him -- Will God's Judgement Be More Tolerable for Atheists than for Young Earth Creationists?
Will God’s Judgement Be More Tolerable for Atheists than for Young Earth Creationists? | Reasonable Faith .

It's an important lesson in that even though we judge ourselves as being good by our actions and deeds, our thoughts and moral values count just as much. It's one of the things Christians come to face with in following Jesus towards a better afterlife.
I stopped practicing my faith when I went to college. By most standards I have had a good life. Married for 32 years. Never been out of work. Made good money as an engineer for 33 years. I returned to my faith not because anything was wrong, but because I knew something was missing. They say that only a good man knows how bad he is. That a bad man doesn't have a clue. They are not wrong. You cannot fix what you do not acknowledge is broken. My returning to my faith has improved the quality of the lives of everyone around me. Not because of me, but because of Him. I am a much better person now than I was before. If only I had known then what I know now, I would have never have left. I do not believe in destiny or fate, but I do believe that anyone who seeks to have a personal relationship with our Creator, will only have his life and the lives of those around him enriched beyond what he can do by himself. I know, I tried all the other ways to try to find what I was missing.

This is a tangent, but it may allow others to understand Christianity and the afterlife.

that's the point bond, it's been over 2000 years where your 4th century book has not only failed to accomplish any tangible results for humanity its history is among the worst offenders of human dignity since time began. your clan here are good examples of just how inept your political deception is in regards to the fruitful and inclusive religion of the 1st century you have wittingly disguised to prevent what is not yours from ever being accomplished.

the only path for the sucess of this threads subject would have to be accomplished while the individual is still alive, before their physiology expires, the Triumph of Good as prescribed during the 1st century that is the very subject your false book tells you is an impermissible goal.

whatever your accusations about thievery may actually be, the fact is 4th century christianity is the greatest and longest lived thievery of all time.

If I were to address the article about the concern of the Atheist or the response of Dr. Craig I would have to do what Dr. Craig did "issues.....entangled and" would "need to be teased apart in order to address them".

I think possibly this one part of your post can be addressed with scripture and a bit of personal experience,, "Furthermore, no one is good enough to merit heaven just based on good deeds. We still do not measure up to Jesus' moral law".

As a carnally minded human who merely thinks to the carnal flesh I was missing many things that happened in my own life when I examined it closely. I think this happens to all of us. I did not know we get messages in many ways but seldom take the time to examine them with absolute resolve until we are striving, in stress, or just at a point we do not know what else to do. Some of us tried to live with just a carnal view but we were lacking and we knew it. That is a veil of protection given until we are spiritual mature enough to understand the gifts and treasures that we are given. Those hidden treasures are beyond the comprehension of a carnal mind of the human. When we do that personal review or start asking what does it mean or why did that happen a search begins. It is difficult to perceive that kingdom of heaven is in us/with us and these are merely containers where the spirit and soul are residing in these temporary containers (wine/spirit bottles). Another thing that is hard to overcome is the teaching by people who have not been given the technical upgrades yet.

The law is installed within is with breath/holy spirit is it not? If we have 'Jehovah's Salvation with us' the kingdom installed from the manufacturer and when it is activated the journey begins. We accept that fate whatever it may be when we are Baptized to be joined with him, no? If we give our selves over to anything that goes against the spiritual law or natural law in us and with us we suffer through our own self subjection to the things of this world.

There are also those teaching/learning moments that may seem pretty tough but if we had not experienced them we possibly would not or could not have understanding, compassion and empathy or when and how judgment takes place.

Not the whole testimony but a portion. I was nineteen when a guy came at me with a knife. He literally crumpled at my feet when he stepped forward with that knife pulled out and came at me. I had no clue why he dropped and the knife flew from his hand to land over in a corner way behind me. Some may call me foolish for standing between him and my cousin. He towered over me as he was a large guy and me I weighed less than a hundred pounds. For some reason I just knew he couldn't hurt me but he was going to kill her if he got past me. It was thirty years before I ever looked back at that incident to try to find an explanation for what took place. When I started reflecting back to those years and different seemingly odd things I tried to understand things that were said and done, how I felt and what really happened. In a prayer I had asked for the absolute truth regardless of how ugly it may be. He didn't fall and he didn't trip. That knife literally flew out of his hand as if some invisible force had grabbed it and threw it. I had tried to reason with him but that angry spirit in him just escalated and finally burst out in a fit of rage. I could not and did not understand why I was not afraid of the guy. Later as I considered it I knew I had just passed it off and I should have been paying more attention but then again it wasn't for that time as everything was not yet readied in the works in me. There are many moments in time in this world that do not make sense unless there is a spiritual portion we cannot see. There was a manifestation even if unseen that saved that young man from grief I am sure he did not want, saved my cousin from major harm and it saved me from harm by the spirit intervening in that case.

We think we choose but in fact we are called and it is by the Lord's spirit in us that faith is built and fortified. The first steps to being awaken are accomplished by searching and asking (not demanding as those with prideful men/hosts/lands/women/little ones of heaven and earth would do). We can only be examples by sharing what we have been given to know. If we go beyond that with our own carnal precepts seeing we are also human we seem to get things mucked up and mired.

Last edited:
This is a tangent, but it may allow others to understand Christianity and the afterlife.

that's the point bond, it's been over 2000 years where your 4th century book has not only failed to accomplish any tangible results for humanity its history is among the worst offenders of human dignity since time began. your clan here are good examples of just how inept your political deception is in regards to the fruitful and inclusive religion of the 1st century you have wittingly disguised to prevent what is not yours from ever being accomplished.

the only path for the sucess of this threads subject would have to be accomplished while the individual is still alive, before their physiology expires, the Triumph of Good as prescribed during the 1st century that is the very subject your false book tells you is an impermissible goal.

whatever your accusations about thievery may actually be, the fact is 4th century christianity is the greatest and longest lived thievery of all time.

I'll vote this as "Creative."

I stopped practicing my faith when I went to college. By most standards I have had a good life. Married for 32 years. Never been out of work. Made good money as an engineer for 33 years. I returned to my faith not because anything was wrong, but because I knew something was missing. They say that only a good man knows how bad he is. That a bad man doesn't have a clue. They are not wrong. You cannot fix what you do not acknowledge is broken. My returning to my faith has improved the quality of the lives of everyone around me. Not because of me, but because of Him. I am a much better person now than I was before. If only I had known then what I know now, I would have never have left. I do not believe in destiny or fate, but I do believe that anyone who seeks to have a personal relationship with our Creator, will only have his life and the lives of those around him enriched beyond what he can do by himself. I know, I tried all the other ways to try to find what I was missing.

Congratulations. I like to talk about Adam and Eve and their perfection, but the external things they had seem easier to achieve than what Jesus taught. What he preached at the Sermon on the Mount is what is difficult to achieve or become in comparison. I guess I like what WLC said in his article because he explained Jesus' teachings well. I guess a start is understanding it and then trying to put into practice. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with doing good things or practicing random acts of kindness, but keeping ourselves morally strong is not the easiest thing to do. It's easy to be less than perfect as we let our selfishness take over.

If I were to address the article about the concern of the Atheist or the response of Dr. Craig I would have to do what Dr. Craig did "issues.....entangled and" would "need to be teased apart in order to address them".

I think possibly this one part of your post can be addressed with scripture and a bit of personal experience,, "Furthermore, no one is good enough to merit heaven just based on good deeds. We still do not measure up to Jesus' moral law".

As a carnally minded human who merely thinks to the carnal flesh I was missing many things that happened in my own life when I examined it closely. I think this happens to all of us. I did not know we get messages in many ways but seldom take the time to examine them with absolute resolve until we are striving, in stress, or just at a point we do not know what else to do. Some of us tried to live with just a carnal view but we were lacking and we knew it. That is a veil of protection given until we are spiritual mature enough to understand the gifts and treasures that we are given. Those hidden treasures are beyond the comprehension of a carnal mind of the human. When we do that personal review or start asking what does it mean or why did that happen a search begins. It is difficult to perceive that kingdom of heaven is in us/with us and these are merely containers where the spirit and soul are residing in these temporary containers (wine/spirit bottles). Another thing that is hard to overcome is the teaching by people who have not been given the technical upgrades yet.

The law is installed within is with breath/holy spirit is it not? If we have 'Jehovah's Salvation with us' the kingdom installed from the manufacturer and when it is activated the journey begins. We accept that fate whatever it may be when we are Baptized to be joined with him, no? If we give our selves over to anything that goes against the spiritual law or natural law in us and with us we suffer through our own self subjection to the things of this world.

There are also those teaching/learning moments that may seem pretty tough but if we had not experienced them we possibly would not or could not have understanding, compassion and empathy or when and how judgment takes place.

Not the whole testimony but a portion. I was nineteen when a guy came at me with a knife. He literally crumpled at my feet when he stepped forward with that knife pulled out and came at me. I had no clue why he dropped and the knife flew from his hand to land over in a corner way behind me. Some may call me foolish for standing between him and my cousin. He towered over me as he was a large guy and me I weighed less than a hundred pounds. For some reason I just knew he couldn't hurt me but he was going to kill her if he got past me. It was thirty years before I ever looked back at that incident to try to find an explanation for what took place. When I started reflecting back to those years and different seemingly odd things I tried to understand things that were said and done, how I felt and what really happened. In a prayer I had asked for the absolute truth regardless of how ugly it may be. He didn't fall and he didn't trip. That knife literally flew out of his hand as if some invisible force had grabbed it and threw it. I had tried to reason with him but that angry spirit in him just escalated and finally burst out in a fit of rage. I could not and did not understand why I was not afraid of the guy. Later as I considered it I knew I had just passed it off and I should have been paying more attention but then again it wasn't for that time as everything was not yet readied in the works in me. There are many moments in time in this world that do not make sense unless there is a spiritual portion we cannot see. There was a manifestation even if unseen that saved that young man from grief I am sure he did not want, saved my cousin from major harm and it saved me from harm by the spirit intervening in that case.

We think we choose but in fact we are called and it is by the Lord's spirit in us that faith is built and fortified. The first steps to being awaken are accomplished by searching and asking (not demanding as those with prideful men/hosts/lands/women/little ones of heaven and earth would do). We can only be examples by sharing what we have been given to know. If we go beyond that with our own carnal precepts seeing we are also human we seem to get things mucked up and mired.

That was a very brave thing that you did. You were a hero. I would think he was emotional and caught up in the moment. He was about to commit what we call a crime of passion against your cousin. Even the most rational person can get caught up in the moment, forget the situation they're in and just lash out.

That was a very brave thing that you did. You were a hero. I would think he was emotional and caught up in the moment. He was about to commit what we call a crime of passion against your cousin. Even the most rational person can get caught up in the moment, forget the situation they're in and just lash out.
It really had nothing to do with me being 'brave'. At nineteen I was afraid of everything in this world. The guy had just married my cousin the first time I had met him. I had gone to see my cousin to relay a message someone wanted me to give her and met this guy on a long sidewalk to the place where she was supposed to be. I asked him 'do you know if this where ...... lives'. He said 'you are ..... aren't you?' I said 'yes'. Then out of the blue he said, 'you have been there haven't you? I know you have been there.' I did not respond to him. I knew what he was talking about but wasn't about to talk with a stranger about spiritual matters. He insisted and kept repeating the question saying 'I know you have been there. What did you see'. I attempted to keep on walking as I told him 'I am here to give ..... a message that is all'. He finally stood in front of me so I could not walk any further and said 'You have the power'. I did not understand and told him 'I don't have power'. Then he pleaded with me, 'Please tell me what you saw I saw demons. What did you see?' I told him, "Well I did not see any demons." He describe how he attempted to lift himself up via his own power and went into more detail about what he saw and how fearsome it was for him. I told him "Well it wasn't anything I did of my own. Two angels lifted me up and I did not see any demons there." The conversation changed after that and he asked what happened between my cousin and I. I told him he would have to ask her and she could tell him if she had a mind to. That was several months before the night he was enraged enough at her to kill her. He had beaten her the day before and she came to my house and asked me for help and she needed a place to stay as her mother was out of town.

I have seen the way a spirit of anger can build in people like what happened with him. Actually it can happen in any situation where people do not have the ability to control themselves. These spirits can also jump between people too and the people involved do not even realize it as it happens.

enough to revisit the literature compiled in the late 4th century to correct their errors ...

" No one comes to the Father except through me "

among the many opportunities to correct the deceptions of the 4th century, to reestablish the religion of the Almighty.

enough to revisit the literature compiled in the late 4th century to correct their errors ...

among the many opportunities to correct the deceptions of the 4th century, to reestablish the religion of the Almighty.

>>enough to revisit the literature compiled in the late 4th century to correct their errors ...<<

I do not mean that kind of creative, but the BS kind of creative. Thus, anytime I use "creative" in my reply to YOU, this is the correct way to interpret it :biggrin:.

>>enough to revisit the literature compiled in the late 4th century to correct their errors ...<<

I do not mean that kind of creative, but the BS kind of creative. Thus, anytime I use "creative" in my reply to YOU, this is the correct way to interpret it :biggrin:.

you have no means at your disposal, charlatan were you an honest person -

than a mimic for the late 4th century agenda disguised as a religion. too bad for you and those in your presence.

If a person is asleep are they aware that they are asleep?

If one lives in the dust (confusion) of the earth (to the mortal flesh) how could they know the difference of being dead, asleep or if they are actually awake?

Adam (a red earth human- aka Edomite) walks in the garden of Eden (own pleasures) until the Lord awakened them and presented to the human a woman made from the human's own ryib (a case at law, strife, or contention). I did not get that for a long time until Christmas some years back I was allowed to recall it from a dream state. I had asked "what's this rib stuff". It did not sound correct to me. The stories surrounding the Bible are charming but not always accurate when interpreted by the human's who live in their own sins and pleasures.

We can believe every word but can we trust another persons interpretation of that word? I do not believe we can unless that person has been endowed to understand via the Holy Spirit that lives in them.

This does not mean I do not love Christmas. After I also have an earthly human side. The paganistic Christmas is absolutely beautiful with all of its lights and frills. It galls me to see the spiritually dead attack others who are not fully awakened as they themselves need to work on themselves prior to going after someone else. Then again for everything there is a purpose, a time and a season. If they are not violent and forceful about it all they can bitch all they want I suppose. It does not mean anyone will take them seriously except for the other spiritually dead people that enjoy hanging with them.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I have one critique, Adam was not an Edomite. The first Edomite was Esau, because he was born red all over. All descendants of Esau are considered Edomites. Adam was ruddy complected which is what a'dam means in Hebrew.

If a person is asleep are they aware that they are asleep?

If one lives in the dust (confusion) of the earth (to the mortal flesh) how could they know the difference of being dead, asleep or if they are actually awake?

Adam (a red earth human- aka Edomite) walks in the garden of Eden (own pleasures) until the Lord awakened them and presented to the human a woman made from the human's own ryib (a case at law, strife, or contention). I did not get that for a long time until Christmas some years back I was allowed to recall it from a dream state. I had asked "what's this rib stuff". It did not sound correct to me. The stories surrounding the Bible are charming but not always accurate when interpreted by the human's who live in their own sins and pleasures.

We can believe every word but can we trust another persons interpretation of that word? I do not believe we can unless that person has been endowed to understand via the Holy Spirit that lives in them.

This does not mean I do not love Christmas. After I also have an earthly human side. The paganistic Christmas is absolutely beautiful with all of its lights and frills. It galls me to see the spiritually dead attack others who are not fully awakened as they themselves need to work on themselves prior to going after someone else. Then again for everything there is a purpose, a time and a season. If they are not violent and forceful about it all they can bitch all they want I suppose. It does not mean anyone will take them seriously except for the other spiritually dead people that enjoy hanging with them.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I have one critique, Adam was not an Edomite. The first Edomite was Esau, because he was born red all over. All descendants of Esau are considered Edomites. Adam was ruddy complected which is what a'dam means in Hebrew.
Those who live to the flesh all have Edomites too. These are also among the spiritual hosts within Adam-human. The division within is the spiritual battle within each human aka adam. The spirit wars in the mind. The mind is the battleground. Edom a land in the spirit of human or that place in the spirit.

The Hebrew words that some complain about are not fully described in the Bible are much more in-depth than I would care to go into in a quick post. I'm not a theologian nor one who desires to debate or nit pick about other peoples understanding as the spirit moves them. If I post I generally try to share what I have been shown hoping it may help others search their own hearts for the truth about 'Jehovah's Salvation with us' that is in them if they are looking for it.

Let them be led by the spirit and pray it be the spirit of truth not confusion.
אדמי Edomite is spelled the same as Adamite- meaning is 'one of Adam'.

Last edited:
>>If a person is asleep are they aware that they are asleep?<<

A person sleeping could be aware that they are sleeping or dreaming (see atheist science vid below). I've experienced it, too. Also, I've heard people can control their dreams.

Finally, sleeping and being dead or near-dead are different. The possibilities so far are:

Christianity (Religion)

Atheist Science

Experience
We have experienced death in our lives to others whether they are close friends and relatives, pets or to strangers.

Ecclesiastes 3

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.
And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.
I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.
And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.
I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.
I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?

Just bringing up this older thread as I'm not up to writing a Christmas post today other than to say, Merry Christmas to All!

The dead are in the grave. Nowhere else. The "sleep" in a "coma" until the resurrection and the Judgement
The carnal flesh asleep in the dust of the earth is a grave unaware of life. Adam aka human is unaware or dead to the spirit until awakened by the lord to life which is consciousness or being aware of the holy spirit within.

The dead walk among us, the ancients believed. Life in the Spirit was more meaningful to them than life in the flesh was. Life in the Spirit was their raison d'être, their purpose for life in the flesh. When Ephraim (Israel, or the ten Northern tribes) worshipped Baal, he died (Hos 13:1).

David lamented this dead nation: “there is none who does good, not even one.” (Ps 14:3, 53:3)

“It is the Spirit who gives life,” Jesus said. “The flesh is no help at all.” (Jn 6:63)

Forum List

Back