Are republicans really stupid enough to believe privatizing Medicare is a good idea?

Seriously, if Medicare became private, HOW would it be made affordable for the poor? You don't know the answer to that question and neither does Paul Ryan.
There is already a private side to Medicare, known as Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements. MA plans are subsidized by the government and many offer $0 monthly premiums and $0 or low co-pays for many services, plus helpful free cost-shaving goodies like senior health club memberships.

Stop pretending like you even understand this issue.
Right. How educated are you on these plans?

Expand Medicare/Medicare Supplements/Medicare Advantage to all. Public and private. Market competition and innovation combined with a public foundation. It works well.

I would guess that at least 80% of Americans wouldn't know what the hell I'm talking about, but that doesn't stop the simplistic rhetoric.
Nothing you're saying has anything to do with making Medicare more affordable. Letting corporations do whatever the fuck they want is not going to make healthcare services affordable.

And the far left drone religious narrative runs without question or hesitation when shown reality and facts!

I one relies solely on Medicare it would only pay 40% of the costs. There are lost of private companies that help pay the rest, many even help you manage to Medicare for you!

Silly far left drone!

Seriously, if Medicare became private, HOW would it be made affordable for the poor? You don't know the answer to that question and neither does Paul Ryan.
There is already a private side to Medicare, known as Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements. MA plans are subsidized by the government and many offer $0 monthly premiums and $0 or low co-pays for many services, plus helpful free cost-shaving goodies like senior health club memberships.

Expand Medicare/Medicare Supplements/Medicare Advantage to all. Public and private. Market competition and innovation combined with a public foundation. It works well.

I would guess that at least 80% of Americans wouldn't know what the hell I'm talking about, but that doesn't stop the simplistic rhetoric.
Nothing you're saying has anything to do with making Medicare more affordable. Letting corporations do whatever the fuck they want is not going to make healthcare services affordable.
You clearly have no idea how carefully regulated the private Medicare industry is. You clearly don't know how the utilization curve explodes after age 65, and how having young people on the plan would bend costs down.

Educate yourself on these plans and the Medicare system and get back to me. I'm sure there's a ton of videos on Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements on YouTube.

You don't know what you're talking about here.
lol ok there's a simple fact you arent picking up on here. If Medicare becomes totally privatized, there wouldn't be any regulations would there?

I know you all love to bitch about ObamaCare, but medical expenses were still on the rise and poor people generally couldn't afford health insurance before it was passed. Costs are rising, but at least 20 million people now have health insurance. NOTHING is stopping these costs from continuing to rise if the law is repealed. Are you really stupid to believe that letting insurance companies do whatever they want is going to lower costs? How about prescription drug prices specifically? WHAT will keep those prices from going up? Even if they wouldn't go up, they sure as hell aren't going down.

Seriously, if Medicare became private, HOW would it be made affordable for the poor? You don't know the answer to that question and neither does Paul Ryan. Stop pretending like you even understand this issue.

It blows my mind someone has to explain this to you.

Don't ever expect a money grubbing Republican to support anything which increases taxes...........well, unless it's a new oil war where they send somebody else's young kid to die in it! They go in debt for those!

You clearly have no idea how carefully regulated the private Medicare industry is. You clearly don't know how the utilization curve explodes after age 65, and how having young people on the plan would bend costs down.

Educate yourself on these plans and the Medicare system and get back to me. I'm sure there's a ton of videos on Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements on YouTube.

lol ok there's a simple fact you arent picking up on here. If Medicare becomes totally privatized, there wouldn't be any regulations would there?
Good gawd. I'll keep this as simple as I can.

Medicare is a public service delivery/payment system. Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare Supplements work WITH Medicare plans to cover the large gaps in Medicare coverage.

You don't even know THAT?

What I want is an expansion of that to all. Just as it is. Not "totally privatized".

Jeez, stop by YouTube for a while.

And the far left drone religious narrative runs without question or hesitation when shown reality and facts!

I one relies solely on Medicare it would only pay 40% of the costs. There are lost of private companies that help pay the rest, many even help you manage to Medicare for you!

Silly far left drone!
No, Medicare covers roughly 80% of provider-negotiated costs.

You and Billy really need to study up on this before spouting off.

Silly far right drones know deep down that social security, medicare, and medicaid are popular and work just fine. They spout the far right rhetoric that they are bad and wasteful, and it drives em nuts knowing that some banker isn't making a profit from it.

Medicare is a public service delivery/payment system. Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare Supplements work WITH Medicare plans to cover the large gaps in Medicare coverage.

What I want is an expansion of that to all. Just as it is. Not "totally privatized".

Good god dude. You're strictly talking about Medicare right now and I am not. What you want for Medicare is besides the point. I am referring to what Medicare will become when the program becomes completely privatized. Everything you're saying about Medicare now is irrelevant to the point. What matters is Paul'a actual plan.

I know you all love to bitch about ObamaCare, but medical expenses were still on the rise and poor people generally couldn't afford health insurance before it was passed. Costs are rising, but at least 20 million people now have health insurance. NOTHING is stopping these costs from continuing to rise if the law is repealed. Are you really stupid to believe that letting insurance companies do whatever they want is going to lower costs? How about prescription drug prices specifically? WHAT will keep those prices from going up? Even if they wouldn't go up, they sure as hell aren't going down.

Seriously, if Medicare became private, HOW would it be made affordable for the poor? You don't know the answer to that question and neither does Paul Ryan. Stop pretending like you even understand this issue.

I want free stuff, WAAAAH!

Do these guys ever have anything else to say. GET A JOB.
Your stupidity amazes me. You have no idea what kind of economy you are living in. I know it makes you feel superior to say "get a job derp, derp, derp!" but really it just demonstrates your complete ignorance about this subject.

Oh, really...

I have master's in economics, what do you have? Bunch of whine, desperation and butthurt.

Did you get that job yet? Turns out it really helps.
lol there is nothing you post that makes me believe you have a master's in economics.

And there is nothing in your post that makes me believe you have a job.

I do have master's... might even snag a PHD later.

Your stupidity amazes me. You have no idea what kind of economy you are living in. I know it makes you feel superior to say "get a job derp, derp, derp!" but really it just demonstrates your complete ignorance about this subject.

Oh, really...

I have master's in economics, what do you have? Bunch of whine, desperation and butthurt.

lol there is nothing you post that makes me believe you have a master's in economics.

You're so full of shit and clearly stupid.

Of course there would be regulations. There were regulations before Obama was elected, they just got tighter and more abundant.

I'd have to see the plan before making any judgements. I'm more into facts and less into partisan speculation.

Regardless, expanding the overall system to all would make sense.

Silly far right drones know deep down that social security, medicare, and medicaid are popular and work just fine. They spout the far right rhetoric that they are bad and wasteful, and it drives em nuts knowing that some banker isn't making a profit from it.

Right You Are!!!!

Of course there would be regulations. There were regulations before Obama was elected, they just got tighter and more abundant.

I'd have to see the plan before making any judgements. I'm more into facts and less into partisan speculation.

Regardless, expanding the overall system to all would make sense.
Yeah obviously we wish for regulations but republicans don't give a shit about proper regulation.

Good god dude. You're strictly talking about Medicare right now and I am not. What you want for Medicare is besides the point. I am referring to what Medicare will become when the program becomes completely privatized. Everything you're saying about Medicare now is irrelevant to the point. What matters is Paul'a actual plan.
Maybe you can show me where Ryan wants to privatize Medicare. I just looked at two sources and both say that Medicare Advantage plans would be expanded a bit and Medicare Supplements would remain, and that the Medicare chassis would remain.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't see a story on it being privatized.

Oh, really...

You're so full of shit and clearly stupid.

Usually the ones projecting... are just that.

You pay for Medicare...one way or another. Who would run it better...the gummint morons or private business?

You pay for Medicare...one way or another. Who would run it better...the gummint morons or private business?

This help?

USPS vs FedEx and UPS.

Who makes money and who is in deep debt?

Why not privatize medicare and then collectivize it? Everything the state does can easily be replicated, without the collateral damage.

Looking at his overview of the plan, Medicare | Paul Ryan, seniors would be able to opt in to an exchange-based menu of private plans or remain with their traditional Medicare plan. It looks like the private plans would be subsidized like Medicare Advantage plans are now, so no doubt many regulations would remain if a private insurer wants to participate.

Increase of the Medicare eligibility age over time.

There would be means testing, so seniors with more than $133,000 in income would pay higher premiums than others.

Doctors would be reimbursed in part by results over number of services.

No cherry-picking or pre-existing conditions clauses, which is the way it is now.

Not exactly massive changes, not the "privatization" people are screaming about.

Seriously, if Medicare became private, HOW would it be made affordable for the poor?

By forming an association to negotiate with the healthcare companies directly, instead of through private insurers.

Looking at his overview of the plan, Medicare | Paul Ryan, seniors would be able to opt in to an exchange-based menu of private plans or remain with their traditional Medicare plan. It looks like the private plans would be subsidized like Medicare Advantage plans are now, so no doubt many regulations would remain if a private insurer wants to participate.

Increase of the Medicare eligibility age over time.

There would be means testing, so seniors with more than $133,000 in income would pay higher premiums than others.

Doctors would be reimbursed in part by results over number of services.

No cherry-picking or pre-existing conditions clauses, which is the way it is now.

Not exactly massive changes, not the "privatization" people are screaming about.
Okay what politicians say about their own plans is not worth shit. Independent analysis is what matters.

Forum List

Back