Are republicans hopelessly stuck in the 80's because of their undying love of Reagan?

BENGGGGAAAZZZZZZI right? lol
That's the only current scandal that you are aware of? And you think it's funny?

IT'S A SCANDAL IT'S A SCANDAL, IT'S A SCANDAL, SCANDAL I TELL YOU,

SCANDAL,SCANDAL,SCANDAL!!!!!!!

No I don't know what, where, when or who but give Issa more time and there will be a scandal, there will be I know Obama did it, I know he did, Fox said so..

Man.. the libtards are really losing it..

LOL

November's gonna be a laugh riot... we're gonna have to put half this board on suicide watch.

I mean it's bad enough republicans can't give specific reasons why anyone should be republican other than saying "they aren't democrats!", but Reagan is the only president they feel any sort of pride about. Are republicans stuck in the 80's? Why can't they give any contemporary reasons for voting republican?

Let's look at the facts:

Clinton's job growth was about as good as Reagan's, yet both Bushs' job growth is pathetic in comparison to Obama's.

The Iraq War was the worst political travesty of modern time. He also over saw the Great Recession. That's all Bush Jr will be known for.

Supply side economics has proven to be a fraudulent idea for the good of America as a whole.

Republicans are losing badly on the issue of gay marriage. What other progressive issues will follow?

Sure, republicans will claim the senate next month, but then what? It's not like there will be a republican president come 2016. I guarantee it. Seriously. What exactly are they going to do improve this country if their mindset is stuck in the 80's? The only reason they are even taking the senate is because the current democrats running are pussies (oh and gerrymandering). May I remind you of republican disapproval ratings? They are at 75%! Is that all the have to show for? Being chosen over shitty democratic candidates? It certainly won't be for specific policies.

Polls show Americans favor democratic policies:

1) Background checks on gun ownership
2) Raising the minimum wage
3) Gay marriage
4) Extending unemployment benefits.

Who's hopelessly stuck,it people like yourself,mindless drone that keep bringing up Reagan,not the repubs.

Who are you trying to convince,yourself?

The GOP MUST point to Reagan and exaggerate his effectiveness out of political necessity.

The reason is because he's the only Republican president that has left office on a positive note since Eisenhower.

Nixon: resigned in disgrace
Ford: short presidency of little note, obscured by Watergate fallout.
Bush 1: one term and a soft landing recession at the end.
Bush 2: economic crisis.

Without Reagan's inflated worship, the GOP has to go back to over 50 years to find a successful ending to an administration.

Reagan did some things right.

All that increased deficit spending on defense, which was his version of a stimulus.
Being in the right spot for a resurgence of American nationalism ala' post 60's revolution.
Claiming credit for the inevitable collapse of the Soviet Union.

But so many, many more things wrong. 25,000 Americans died before St. Ronnie even said the word "AIDS". It's ironic that the party that worships him are going over the top freakout over one guy that died of Ebola.
===============
give it a few more years of you blacks screwing and :suck: each other and it will be far worse given the same time period. :up:
Um lesbian couples are much less likely to spread HIV than heterosexual couples.

The Reagan legacy for republicans is one of conservative perfection and they don't even care that it's a fabrication. The guy skillfully invoked god and patriotism, it was his only talent, and went on spending sprees and tax hikes Obama could only dream of.

Seriously? Did you just accuse Reagan of being a bigger spender than Obama?

You far left liberals are SO out of control with this nonsense that it's become farcical!

I mean it's bad enough republicans can't give specific reasons why anyone should be republican other than saying "they aren't democrats!", but Reagan is the only president they feel any sort of pride about. Are republicans stuck in the 80's? Why can't they give any contemporary reasons for voting republican?

Let's look at the facts:

Clinton's job growth was about as good as Reagan's, yet both Bushs' job growth is pathetic in comparison to Obama's.

The Iraq War was the worst political travesty of modern time. He also over saw the Great Recession. That's all Bush Jr will be known for.

Supply side economics has proven to be a fraudulent idea for the good of America as a whole.

Republicans are losing badly on the issue of gay marriage. What other progressive issues will follow?

Sure, republicans will claim the senate next month, but then what? It's not like there will be a republican president come 2016. I guarantee it. Seriously. What exactly are they going to do improve this country if their mindset is stuck in the 80's? The only reason they are even taking the senate is because the current democrats running are pussies (oh and gerrymandering). May I remind you of republican disapproval ratings? They are at 75%! Is that all the have to show for? Being chosen over shitty democratic candidates? It certainly won't be for specific policies.

Polls show Americans favor democratic policies:

1) Background checks on gun ownership
2) Raising the minimum wage
3) Gay marriage
4) Extending unemployment benefits.

Who's hopelessly stuck,it people like yourself,mindless drone that keep bringing up Reagan,not the repubs.

Who are you trying to convince,yourself?
Get back to me when you can learn to write coherent sentences.

Barack Obama has turned out to be an incompetent disaster as President and it's become SO bad at this point that the only thing you liberals can think of is to attack every Republican President for the past fifty years to try and make them look as bad as Barry!

Who's going to be the first liberal to trot out the misleading statistic about how Obama's increase in spending over the previous President is percentage wise one of the lowest in decades? Come on you Progressive lemmings...you know you can't help yourselves!

I'd say they are just as much as Dems are stuck in the early 2000's due to their undying hate for Bush and evasion of dealing with Obama being Bush III.

That theory is like explaining to the State Trooper who pulled you over for doing 120 mph that you're really not speeding because you're only going 5 mph faster than the person who was driving the car before you and THAT person was the real speeder because he was going 40 mph faster than the person who was driving before him!

Barack Obama has turned out to be an incompetent disaster as President and it's become SO bad at this point that the only thing you liberals can think of is to attack every Republican President for the past fifty years to try and make them look as bad as Barry!

Conservatives choose to ignore facts and reality and live in a right wing world of delusion and disconnect created by the right wing echo chamber of spin, lies and misinformation.

If Obama implements a growth policy on Tuesday and the nation is not back in the black on Thursday, this is a "failed policy."

If Bush in eight years brings us from surplus to crushing deficit, rampant unemployment, an economic black hole, a) his policies just "needed more time to work," and b) it was all Barney Franks' fault. If Obama in 6 years, with no economic engine left to work with and a 100% obstructionist congress opposing him at every turn recovers the stock market, reverses the unemployment trend, restores growth and puts the nation back on sound economic footing, but we're not as well off as at the end of the Clinton presidency, these are "failed policies."

You can't make this stuff up.

I'd say they are just as much as Dems are stuck in the early 2000's due to their undying hate for Bush and evasion of dealing with Obama being Bush III.

Republicans /conservatives are low-information voters, and much more likely, as seen in this very comments section, to hang on to failed policy, like trickle-down theory, and blatant racism than the average citizen. Even the so-called 'moderate Republicans' stay quiet and let the least-informed among them do all the talking, and posting.

We already know what economic policies work best for our country. Clinton knew that we had to cut spending and increase revenues. We had revenues of 20.6% of GDP and a surplus in 2000. Then something terrible happened, the Republicans gained complete control in 2001 and instead of sticking with what was working they decided that their ideology was more important. The debt has gone up $12 trillion since then.

Forum List

Back