Are republicans hopelessly stuck in the 80's because of their undying love of Reagan?

If Bush in eight years brings us from surplus to crushing deficit, rampant unemployment, an economic black hole,

You can't make this stuff up.
Apparently you can, and do. Unemployment was better then, we didn't have a 17+ trillion dollar debt, obamaCare, hostility to business, especially coal and oil, etc. And obama hasn't had to deal with a 9/11 or a Katrina, etc. Economies recover but not this slowly, something is wrong.

Actually, we are stuck in the late 1700s because of our love for freedom and liberty...I know the lefties are stuck in 1917when freedom and liberty were turned back...

Nixon Got impeached

Nixon didn't get impeached...he resigned...the serial sexual predator, bill clinton was impeached...

Impeachment of Bill Clinton - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Upon the passage of H. Res. 611, Clinton was impeached on December 19, 1998, by the House of Representatives on grounds of perjury to a grand jury (by a 228–206 vote)[17] and obstruction of justice (by a 221–212 vote).[18] Two other articles of impeachment failed – a second count of perjury in the Jones case (by a 205–229 vote)[19] and one accusing Clinton of abuse of power (by a 148–285 vote).[20] Clinton thus became the second U.S. president to be impeached,

If Bush in eight years brings us from surplus to crushing deficit, rampant unemployment, an economic black hole,

Apparently you can, and do. Unemployment was better then, we didn't have a 17+ trillion dollar debt, obamaCare, hostility to business, especially coal and oil, etc. And obama hasn't had to deal with a 9/11 or a Katrina, etc. Economies recover but not this slowly, something is wrong.

Amnesia of the fall of 2008 huh? lol

Barack Obama has turned out to be an incompetent disaster as President and it's become SO bad at this point that the only thing you liberals can think of is to attack every Republican President for the past fifty years to try and make them look as bad as Barry!

Conservatives choose to ignore facts and reality and live in a right wing world of delusion and disconnect created by the right wing echo chamber of spin, lies and misinformation.

If Obama implements a growth policy on Tuesday and the nation is not back in the black on Thursday, this is a "failed policy."

If Bush in eight years brings us from surplus to crushing deficit, rampant unemployment, an economic black hole, a) his policies just "needed more time to work," and b) it was all Barney Franks' fault. If Obama in 6 years, with no economic engine left to work with and a 100% obstructionist congress opposing him at every turn recovers the stock market, reverses the unemployment trend, restores growth and puts the nation back on sound economic footing, but we're not as well off as at the end of the Clinton presidency, these are "failed policies."

Who's living in a "world of delusion", Dad...those who recognize all of the good things that a Ronald Reagan did for the United States...or those who pretend that Barack Obama is competent after six years of "leading from behind"?

The truth is...Barack Obama has overseen the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression. His POLICIES are what have held back that recovery. Job growth is strongest in States primarily led by Republican Governors espousing policies that contradict the President's. The stock market bubble has been fueled by non-stop quantitative easing by the Fed in an attempt to keep the economy from going back into recession due to a total lack of an economic plan from this President to create jobs and grow the economy. There are still millions of Americans on long term unemployment six YEARS after Barack Obama took office and he has no plan to put them back to work. We were "well off" in the Clinton Presidency because of the Dot Com Boom. That was coming to an end before Clinton left office. This liberal "fantasy" that Slick Willie created the prosperity back then by raising taxes is one of the more naive beliefs on this board.

What IS Obama's plan to grow the economy, Dad? It's six years into his Presidency...don't you think that would be an ample amount of time for him to have formulated an economic strategy?

So what IS the plan?

Not only do I not believe you can tell me what Barry's plan is to fix the economy...I don't believe you can even tell me who his economic advisers are that are formulating the plan!

The reason you can't...is that they not only don't have a plan...they've stopped trying to even come up with one!

Barack Obama has turned out to be an incompetent disaster as President and it's become SO bad at this point that the only thing you liberals can think of is to attack every Republican President for the past fifty years to try and make them look as bad as Barry!

Conservatives choose to ignore facts and reality and live in a right wing world of delusion and disconnect created by the right wing echo chamber of spin, lies and misinformation.

If Obama implements a growth policy on Tuesday and the nation is not back in the black on Thursday, this is a "failed policy."

If Bush in eight years brings us from surplus to crushing deficit, rampant unemployment, an economic black hole, a) his policies just "needed more time to work," and b) it was all Barney Franks' fault. If Obama in 6 years, with no economic engine left to work with and a 100% obstructionist congress opposing him at every turn recovers the stock market, reverses the unemployment trend, restores growth and puts the nation back on sound economic footing, but we're not as well off as at the end of the Clinton presidency, these are "failed policies."

Who's living in a "world of delusion", Dad...those who recognize all of the good things that a Ronald Reagan did for the United States...or those who pretend that Barack Obama is competent after six years of "leading from behind"?

The truth is...Barack Obama has overseen the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression. His POLICIES are what have held back that recovery. Job growth is strongest in States primarily led by Republican Governors espousing policies that contradict the President's. The stock market bubble has been fueled by non-stop quantitative easing by the Fed in an attempt to keep the economy from going back into recession due to a total lack of an economic plan from this President to create jobs and grow the economy. There are still millions of Americans on long term unemployment six YEARS after Barack Obama took office and he has no plan to put them back to work. We were "well off" in the Clinton Presidency because of the Dot Com Boom. That was coming to an end before Clinton left office. This liberal "fantasy" that Slick Willie created the prosperity back then by raising taxes is one of the more naive beliefs on this board.

MORE right wing garbage. I'm shocked

You mean the recession Dubya/GOP policy took US too? The one where he gutted regulators and cheered on the Banksters?

You mean states dependent on ENERGY are booming and states that depended on Dubya's housing bubble are slow to come out of Dubya's recession AFTER he allowed household debt to double the first 7 years?

Dubya LOST 1,000,00+ PRIVATE sector jobs in 8 years with his 'job creator' policies

NOT counting the 4+ million lost in 2009

OBAMA HAS A NET OF NEARLY 7 MILLION IN LESS THAN 6 YEARS

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Dubya SAVAGED the treasury with 2 UNFUNDED tax cuts (you cut spending!!!), 2 UNFUNDED wars (you get new revenues) AND UNFUNDED Medicare expansion, taking US from 20%+ to less than 15% of GDP, Obama has done a fukking miracle considering the hole Dubya left US in and the unwillingness of the GOP to help US for 6 years!!!

No, BJ Bill just was the best FISCALLY conservative Prez since Ike, looks like Obama comes in second place

AFTER BILL's first surplus what did the GOP do? Of course they passed a $700+ billion tax cut he had to veto to get 3 more!!!

"The deficit has come down, and I give the Clinton Administration and President Clinton himself a lot of credit for that. [He] did something about it, fast. And I think we are seeing some benefits."Paul Volcker, Federal Reserve Board Chairman (1979-1987), in Audacity, Fall 1994

"Clinton’s 1993 budget cuts, which reduced projected red ink by more than $400 billion over five years, sparked a major drop in interest rates that helped boost investment in all the equipment and systems that brought forth the New Age economy of technological innovation and rising productivity."Business Week, May 19, 1997

Not only do I not believe you can tell me what Barry's plan is to fix the economy...I don't believe you can even tell me who his economic advisers are that are formulating the plan!

The reason you can't...is that they not only don't have a plan...they've stopped trying to even come up with one!

Get real Bubba, the economy after 8 years of GOP 'job creator' policies failed. Obama, the second best conservative Prez since Ike (BJ Bill #1), is getting US out of the GOP created hole, slowly but surely!

I know, lets give ANOTHER tax break, that'll help right? THE ONLY GOP 'POLICY'...

As usual, you are empty of substance apart from copying someone else's words.

What IS Obama's plan to grow the economy, Dad? It's six years into his Presidency...don't you think that would be an ample amount of time for him to have formulated an economic strategy?

So what IS the plan?

The rest of the world went with the conservative 'austerity', how's the US compare? lol

As usual, you are empty of substance apart from copying someone else's words.

And and usual, ALL you have are one liners void of substance, honesty or facts!

Reagan used to be a Democrat. He was even a union boss. He said, "I didn't leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party left me."

I don't think he would recognize the modern GOP. I was a Reagan Republican, and I feel about the GOP today as he did about the Democratic Party in his time. I did not leave the Republican Party, the Republican Party left me.

But I will never be a Democrat. I'd rather stick needles in my eyes first.

I asked you a very simple, straight forward question, Dad! What is the Obama plan for growing the economy and who are the architects of this plan?

You shimmied...you dodged to the left...you dodged to the right...but you never came close to answering that simple question.

The reason of course...is that Barack Obama hasn't HAD an economic plan for the economy since Larry Summers left four years ago. You can't tell me what it is or who it is that's in charge of it because IT doesn't exist!

The economy and jobs are the number one issue for Americans and Barack Obama hasn't even attempted to fix either in over four YEARS! All he does is point fingers at others...which is what you do as well.

So what IS the plan?

The rest of the world went with the conservative 'austerity', how's the US compare? lol

What's sad, Dad...is that you don't seem to grasp that being the same as someone else who DIDN'T spend a trillion dollars on stimulus when you HAVE spent a trillion on stimulus...isn't much of an accomplishment!

So what IS the plan?

Attack Iceland.

MORE right wing garbage. I'm shocked

You mean the recession Dubya/GOP policy took US too? The one where he gutted regulators and cheered on the Banksters?

You mean states dependent on ENERGY are booming and states that depended on Dubya's housing bubble are slow to come out of Dubya's recession AFTER he allowed household debt to double the first 7 years?

Dubya LOST 1,000,00+ PRIVATE sector jobs in 8 years with his 'job creator' policies

NOT counting the 4+ million lost in 2009

OBAMA HAS A NET OF NEARLY 7 MILLION IN LESS THAN 6 YEARS

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Dubya SAVAGED the treasury with 2 UNFUNDED tax cuts (you cut spending!!!), 2 UNFUNDED wars (you get new revenues) AND UNFUNDED Medicare expansion, taking US from 20%+ to less than 15% of GDP, Obama has done a fukking miracle considering the hole Dubya left US in and the unwillingness of the GOP to help US for 6 years!!!

No, BJ Bill just was the best FISCALLY conservative Prez since Ike, looks like Obama comes in second place

AFTER BILL's first surplus what did the GOP do? Of course they passed a $700+ billion tax cut he had to veto to get 3 more!!!

"The deficit has come down, and I give the Clinton Administration and President Clinton himself a lot of credit for that. [He] did something about it, fast. And I think we are seeing some benefits."Paul Volcker, Federal Reserve Board Chairman (1979-1987), in Audacity, Fall 1994

"Clinton’s 1993 budget cuts, which reduced projected red ink by more than $400 billion over five years, sparked a major drop in interest rates that helped boost investment in all the equipment and systems that brought forth the New Age economy of technological innovation and rising productivity."Business Week, May 19, 1997

He found that working with the republican congress worked out fairly well.

Question who has the purse strings,the pres or the house.

Its a hoot when hacks like this one,quote wishful numbers as truths,last week it was 10 million jobs that have been created by Obama,this week it 8 mill .

There was no real surplus,another talking point repeated

The US enjoyed the second longest economic expansion in our history under Bush,saying other wise is just false.

The same question that all lefties seem to want to pass.Which tax bracket enjoyed the largest tax relief from the bush cuts??

Get real Bubba, the economy after 8 years of GOP 'job creator' policies failed. Obama, the second best conservative Prez since Ike (BJ Bill #1), is getting US out of the GOP created hole, slowly but surely!

I know, lets give ANOTHER tax break, that'll help right? THE ONLY GOP 'POLICY'...
When one see posts like this ya know your dealing with a sim-le minded hack.

The only GOP policy. what are you 12?

Forum List

Back