Are atheists destroying the US?

And yet you arent happy. Why is that?

Perhaps it's because you can't do wrong and feel right about it.

One day I hope you truly decide to find God instead of making excuses. Maybe then you won't have to pretend we have a gun to your head when we invite you to actually do something when you come to us complaining about God

"Perhaps it's because you can't do wrong and feel right about it.
"

That's definitely something I agree with you about but I'm kind of surprised that you admit you feel "right" when you do wrong.

Frankly, I think that whole excuse of "not perfect, just saved" is a shameful dodge of one's personal responsibility.

If I do wrong, I DO feel wrong about it.

And yet it doesn't stop you from lying in almost every post you write. And you claim to be happy while doing so.

You know, you really aren't making me want to stand up for atheists in the future if all you are going to do is lie about and attack me for doing so.
Jesus warned you about driving people away from God, yet you continue. Fake christian.

One day I hope you truly decide to find God instead of making excuses. Maybe then you won't have to pretend we have a gun to your head when we invite you to actually do something when you come to us complaining about God

"

That's definitely something I agree with you about but I'm kind of surprised that you admit you feel "right" when you do wrong.

Frankly, I think that whole excuse of "not perfect, just saved" is a shameful dodge of one's personal responsibility.

And yet it doesn't stop you from lying in almost every post you write. And you claim to be happy while doing so.

You know, you really aren't making me want to stand up for atheists in the future if all you are going to do is lie about and attack me for doing so.

Why do you always refuse to take responsibility for what you write?

You can try to hide behind name calling but --

YOU wrote that your religion allows to do wrong but feel right about it.

And here we see the arrogance common to most theists.

The three of you sit around complaining about a God you claim doesn't exist. It's not exactly rocket science to figure out you guys are miserable. It literally permeates your posts.
I'm afraid you're projecting. You're angry and emotive because you're being required to account for your religious beliefs. You're being required to account for the book you worship and why that book is rife with errors, omissions and profound contradictions about gawds of infinite love and mercy who are the most cruel and vindictive "personalities".

I enjoy discussing my religious beliefs. In fact, that's why I encouraged the original owners of the board to create the religion forum. So we could discuss religious ideas without it clogging up the politics section.

So why would I be angry about discussing them? If something makes me angry, I wouldn't do it. The world has too much negativity to purposely put yourself in negative situations.

What is a sign of anger is whining about God and religion when you have no belief in them. If there is no God why does it matter if others believe in Him? Why go to places where it's discussed and complain about people talking to you about God when all you have to do is not put yourself in that position?

You guys complain about what you term as hypocritical Christians who don't follow their faith and then complain about Christians discussing their faith with you when they would be hypocrites if they didn't.

You aren't honestly seeking when you refuse to even read a book or experiment in the least. You're just trying to justify to yourself why you are better than others. This isn't something that needs to be done if you are living after the manner of happiness.

God has a plan of happiness. And the center of that plan is the resurrection and atonement of Jesus Christ. The atonement is the one thing that can heal us spiritually and physically. When you use it to repent of your sins you can provide a way for the spirit to teach you and change you. You can become more humble. You can become full of love. And when you are full of love you want to share that love with others.

Study the scriptures and come to Christ. The light and joy you can receive will amaze you
Sheesh, dude. You're coming across as really desperate. You mistake people's interest in discussing a subject as a reason to become the salesman from hell for your partisan gawds. Your lack of sales is no reason to become angry and emotive because you can't gain converts.

What's disturbing is that you refuse to address the myriad contradictions and paradoxes of gawds of infinite mercy with the biblical realities of gawds of anger, vengence and infliction of suffering. If you're going to be a salesman, understand that the buyer had already done her homework and knows the product.

So where are these religious folks who are "full of love"?

And, put down the script.

Christ is the example of mercy. The perfect one.

And you haven't done homework if you refuse to read scriptures, speak with God, or experiment at all.

"

Jesus warned you about driving people away from God, yet you continue. Fake christian.

And yet I'm continually inviting you and others to come to God. How is your refusal to come my fault?

You would think you'd be happy with me agreeing with you about atheists not being the biggest threat to this country. And yet instead you've chosen to condemn me for what you yourself are doing.

And you refuse to answer why when you are called on it. What entitles you to a double standard?

"

Why do you continue to lie?

I said you cannot do wrong and feel right about it. Wickedness was never and can never be happiness. Doing evil will through yourself out of balance with the universe.

What's disturbing is that you refuse to address the myriad contradictions and paradoxes of gawds of infinite mercy with the biblical realities of gawds of anger, vengence and infliction of suffering.

Well in regards to the Judeo-Christian religions the reason for that is historical. Briefly, the initial concept of God by the ancient Israelites encompassed all things positive or negative. Over time, they began to struggle and they experienced conquest by the Babylonians, Macedonians, Selecuids, Romans, etc. It was a problem because according to Torah and the Covenant, God was supposed to protect them and grant them prosperity. Initially, they decided He wasn't because they were not keeping Torah and so He was under no obligation to keep up His end of the deal. Eventually, however, they developed the concept of Satan, as the evil force that opposes God and meddles in His plans, to explain it.

Over the course of several centuries, negative aspects that had previously been attributed to God were instead attributed to Satan thereby creating the entity that is all loving and positive (God) and the entity that is the personification of evil (Satan). Because the books of the Bible were written over the course of centuries, the earlier books, before the concept of Satan was developed, will depict God as angry, vengeful, etc where later books, after Satan was developed, will depict Him in a much softer manner. Hence, you have the contradictions about which you write.

Hi all

I was reading a couple of posts and I started to wonder if, this is for theists, people see atheism as a real and creditable threat to American society.

I personally don't think it is and think atheism, in its purest form, is very benign and boring.

It has only one uniting statement: "There is no God(God must be specified but is usually assumed to men the God of Judaim/Islam/Christianity)"

After that, the individual goes his own way.

However, there have been accusations that atheism is destroying the schools, coercing religious freedom, and all but oppressing Christians where ever they live. Surely, there is some misunderstanding here. All atheistic organizations want to do is secularize the public sector while encouraging citizens to practice there religion in a respectful and meaningful manner.

Is that so wrong?

Atheism is not destroying America. Our atheist president and his ongoing assault on the Constitution ARE! One of the many reasons constitutional conservatives consider President Obama a threat to the Constitution is his disdain for the separation of powers, illustrated most recently in his plan to bypass the Senate in making an arms deal with Iran. The people who voted to reelect this crook and who still hold him in esteem are just as guilty. They are still part and parcel of the Obama Choir.

The three of you sit around complaining about a God you claim doesn't exist. It's not exactly rocket science to figure out you guys are miserable. It literally permeates your posts.
I'm afraid you're projecting. You're angry and emotive because you're being required to account for your religious beliefs. You're being required to account for the book you worship and why that book is rife with errors, omissions and profound contradictions about gawds of infinite love and mercy who are the most cruel and vindictive "personalities".

I enjoy discussing my religious beliefs. In fact, that's why I encouraged the original owners of the board to create the religion forum. So we could discuss religious ideas without it clogging up the politics section.

So why would I be angry about discussing them? If something makes me angry, I wouldn't do it. The world has too much negativity to purposely put yourself in negative situations.

What is a sign of anger is whining about God and religion when you have no belief in them. If there is no God why does it matter if others believe in Him? Why go to places where it's discussed and complain about people talking to you about God when all you have to do is not put yourself in that position?

You guys complain about what you term as hypocritical Christians who don't follow their faith and then complain about Christians discussing their faith with you when they would be hypocrites if they didn't.

You aren't honestly seeking when you refuse to even read a book or experiment in the least. You're just trying to justify to yourself why you are better than others. This isn't something that needs to be done if you are living after the manner of happiness.

God has a plan of happiness. And the center of that plan is the resurrection and atonement of Jesus Christ. The atonement is the one thing that can heal us spiritually and physically. When you use it to repent of your sins you can provide a way for the spirit to teach you and change you. You can become more humble. You can become full of love. And when you are full of love you want to share that love with others.

Study the scriptures and come to Christ. The light and joy you can receive will amaze you
Sheesh, dude. You're coming across as really desperate. You mistake people's interest in discussing a subject as a reason to become the salesman from hell for your partisan gawds. Your lack of sales is no reason to become angry and emotive because you can't gain converts.

What's disturbing is that you refuse to address the myriad contradictions and paradoxes of gawds of infinite mercy with the biblical realities of gawds of anger, vengence and infliction of suffering. If you're going to be a salesman, understand that the buyer had already done her homework and knows the product.

And you haven't done homework if you refuse to read scriptures, speak with God, or experiment at all.

Sounds like she's read a great deal of scriptures. How arrogant of you to assume otherwise.

Hi all

I was reading a couple of posts and I started to wonder if, this is for theists, people see atheism as a real and creditable threat to American society.

I personally don't think it is and think atheism, in its purest form, is very benign and boring.

It has only one uniting statement: "There is no God(God must be specified but is usually assumed to men the God of Judaim/Islam/Christianity)"

However, there have been accusations that atheism is destroying the schools, coercing religious freedom, and all but oppressing Christians where ever they live. Surely, there is some misunderstanding here. All atheistic organizations want to do is secularize the public sector while encouraging citizens to practice there religion in a respectful and meaningful manner.

Is that so wrong?

Atheism is not destroying America. Our atheist president and his ongoing assault on the Constitution ARE! One of the many reasons constitutional conservatives consider President Obama a threat to the Constitution is his disdain for the separation of powers, illustrated most recently in his plan to bypass the Senate in making an arms deal with Iran. The people who voted to reelect this crook and who still hold him in esteem are just as guilty. They are still part and parcel of the Obama Choir.

Good Gawd. Another one suffering from ODS.

Anyhoot, I thought you said Obama was a Muslim.

Last edited:

I would think a good Mormon salesperson would push "exaltation" via the atonement of Jesus. In the afterlife, these people will actually become Gawd's and Gawddesses, including their "spirit children"...their posterity will grow forever! Exaltation is available for those overachievers who have earned the highest degree of the celestial kingdom.

You might even get to live on planet Kolob! :D

Hi all

Is that so wrong?

Why derail the thread with an anti-Obama rant?

:offtopic:

Hi all

Is that so wrong?

Why derail the thread with an anti-Obama rant?

:offtopic:

He's now a Muslim atheist. :p

Sounds like she's read a great deal of scriptures. How arrogant of you to assume otherwise.

Her choice of questions says otherwise. If she studied the scriptures, she would have a far greater understanding of the mercy of God. And she has outright said she won't read the Book of Mormon. I fail to see how it arrogant to recognize facts about others.

"

I said you cannot do wrong and feel right about it. Wickedness was never and can never be happiness. Doing evil will through yourself out of balance with the universe.

The childish name calling is just one more way to avoid taking responsibility for your own words. Quit hiding behind the name calling and just address the point.

What you wrote:
"And yet you arent happy. Why is that?

Perhaps it's because you can't do wrong and feel right about it."

Its christians who believe they can do wrong and feel good about it because they believe they will be forgiven. Atheists cannot and do no not blame put the blame off on "god" or "devil".

Atheists take responsibility for their actions; christians do not.

So, who is "doing wrong"?

Her choice of questions says otherwise. If she studied the scriptures, she would have a far greater understanding of the mercy of God. And she has outright said she won't read the Book of Mormon. I fail to see how it arrogant to recognize facts about others.

Actually, its obvious Hollie is well informed about the bible and religion but -

Is there any such thing as a "merciful" god?

None of the gods of the various religious myths are merciful. Quite the opposite. They're petulant, even vicious.

It always strikes me as odd that "god" seems to hate his creations while god's followers behave like they hate what they believe their god created.

I don't know why anyone would waste their time on con man, Joe Smith's, little blue book. Most Christian's are arrogant, like you, who pretend to be oh so superior, and have a direct line to Gawd.

Is there any such thing as a "merciful" god?

None of the gods of the various religious myths are merciful. Quite the opposite. They're petulant, even vicious.

It always strikes me as odd that "god" seems to hate his creations while god's followers behave like they hate what they believe their god created.

Biblical scripture indicates that no human is really deserving of salvation. The fact that God would give it to any of us anyway would seem to indicate at least some level of mercy of God's behalf.

That aside, I personally tend to have a rather universalist view of Christian scripture (i think that Christian scripture supports the notion that all will come to God and eventually be saved). This to me absolutely indicates both mercy and love within Christian scripture.

My choice of questions is perfectly valid as they specifically counter your appeals to gawds who are not as you claim. You completely ignore the actions of your gawds which have caused such harm to humanity.

I suspect what causes you to lash out in anger is your relative ignorance of what is actually contained in the bibles relative to the treatment of humanity by your gawds.

"

The childish name calling is just one more way to avoid taking responsibility for your own words. Quit hiding behind the name calling and just address the point.

What you wrote:
"And yet you arent happy. Why is that?

Perhaps it's because you can't do wrong and feel right about it."

Its christians who believe they can do wrong and feel good about it because they believe they will be forgiven. Atheists cannot and do no not blame put the blame off on "god" or "devil".

Atheists take responsibility for their actions; christians do not.

So, who is "doing wrong"?

You for once again lying. Christians do not claim that.

And no you don't take responsibility for your actions. If you did you would stop with the lying.

Btw you are lying about me calling you any names.

Forum List

Back