Are atheists destroying the US?

I'm more concerned about unfaithful christians than athiests
Like ISIS is "concerned" with unfaithful Muslims.

I'm not sure Isis is that concerned about unfaithful Muslims. They are concerned with power and hate
Like you, ISIS persecutes those that don't subscribe to their brand. That's why you are sooooo "concerned" with those that don't live up to your idea of what is "unfaithful". And that's why fake christians are such a problem.

I'm not sure Isis is that concerned about unfaithful Muslims. They are concerned with power and hate
Like you, ISIS persecutes those that don't subscribe to their brand. That's why you are sooooo "concerned" with those that don't live up to your idea of what is "unfaithful". And that's why fake christians are such a problem.
And you started off so well. :eusa_doh:

Well I'm not out to live up to your expectations either.

I missed where I have persecuted anyone.

I am more concerned about unfaithful Christians because making a covenant with God and breaking it is far more evil then being an ignoramus who never made a covenant

To whom much is given much is required.

Well I'm not out to live up to your expectations either.

any expectations would be an improvement

I am more concerned about unfaithful Christians because making a covenant with God and breaking it is far more evil then being an ignoramus who never made a covenant

You do seem to harbor much of the same hate for non-believers in your version of religion as does ISIS. Your alleged covenants with your gawds are really no different than the covenants ISIS makes with theirs. They're a bit more excitable in the sense that they have no issue with killing and maiming to enforce their club membership.

To define as evil someone joining your covenant club and then either reconsidering their position or making a considered choice to leave the club is approaching the reactionary, cult status of ISIS.

In a very real sense, I see people with your extremist attitudes as different from the ISIS soldier only as a function of place of birth.

You do seem to harbor much of the same hate for non-believers in your version of religion as does ISIS. Your alleged covenants with your gawds are really no different than the covenants ISIS makes with theirs. They're a bit more excitable in the sense that they have no issue with killing and maiming to enforce their club membership.

To define as evil someone joining your covenant club and then either reconsidering their position or making a considered choice to leave the club is approaching the reactionary, cult status of ISIS.

In a very real sense, I see people with your extremist attitudes as different from the ISIS soldier only as a function of place of birth.
Hollie, did you grow up with these feelings about religion or did you develop them over time. Are there people you view as particularly strong influences of your beliefs?

Hollie, did you grow up with these feelings about religion or did you develop them over time. Are there people you view as particularly strong influences of your beliefs?
Do you believe that anyone is truly evil for breaking some alleged covenant with a partisan version of gawds? Such a "covenant" derives from the dogma of a particular version of religious belief and at least to me, suggests a tactic of fear and intimidation as a means to maintain adherents. Do alleged gawds of love and mercy really need tactics employed by the Mafia to maintain their club members?

I know the above may be blunt and I'm not intending the above as an attack at you, but the imposition of fear is a powerful motivator used by religions (meaning the men who configured the religions). And it's an irresolvable contradiction for gawds of love and mercy (the alleged christian gawds), to be the greatest villains and mass murderers in all of human history.

Satan, perhaps?....
Per the tales and fables, satan is so powerful even your polytheistic gawds are not a match - and your gawds created satan.

It's an interesting dilemma although not one you pick and choose YEC'ists have ever considered.

Do you believe that anyone is truly evil for breaking some alleged covenant with a partisan version of gawds? Such a "covenant" derives from the dogma of a particular version of religious belief and at least to me, suggests a tactic of fear and intimidation as a means to maintain adherents. Do alleged gawds of love and mercy really need tactics employed by the Mafia to maintain their club members?

I know the above may be blunt and I'm not intending the above as an attack at you, but the imposition of fear is a powerful motivator used by religions (meaning the men who configured the religions). And it's an irresolvable contradiction for gawds of love and mercy (the alleged christian gawds), to be the greatest villains and mass murderers in all of human history.
I really hate analogies when discussing religion because I believe it makes a hard to define concept even hard to get right. But that said, Let's say the teacher of a third grade class leaves the room. Johny sees his teacher walking down the hallway as he returns to the classroom. Johny says, "The teacher just told me we can all go outside for the rest of the day." The teacher comes back to the classroom and all the kids are gone. Everyone is having fun outside when the teacher comes out and scolds the class and orders them back inside. You are sitting in class. While the only person you should be mad at is Johny you are also angry at the teacher for scolding you and sending you inside.

I really hate analogies when discussing religion because I believe it makes a hard to define concept even hard to get right. But that said, Let's say the teacher of a third grade class leaves the room. Johny sees his teacher walking down the hallway as he returns to the classroom. Johny says, "The teacher just told me we can all go outside for the rest of the day." The teacher comes back to the classroom and all the kids are gone. Everyone is having fun outside when the teacher comes out and scolds the class and orders them back inside. You are sitting in class. While the only person you should be mad at is Johny you are also angry at the teacher for scolding you and sending you inside.
I don't find the concepts that difficult to understand. If we proceed upon the basis that religions are often the invention of single individual and that these religions were invented at a time when the ebb and flow of life was determined by some pretty basic natural events not understood, then religion is much easier to understand.

To your analogy, it has many flaws. There are no supernatural agents involved and the teacher being angry at me will not have consequences for all eternity. Ever notice that in the Genesis story regarding the fruit theft issue, Yahweh doesn't bother to tell A&E (not the cable station), there would be consequences of massive -- in fact -- eternal proportions (we don't get the "Oh, yeah ummm- by the way, there is a Hell, hmmm' okaay?" information until waaay too late)? Ever notice that, bereft of knowledge of good and evil prior to eating the fruit of the tree, they can't tell what constitutes a "good" or "bad" behavior in the first place?

Avatar is a straight shooting LDS individual. What you see is what you get. Hangover still implies a connection between Avatar and fake Christians and whatever.

Stop the Concern Troll nonsense, Hangover.

The author of "You do seem to harbor much of the same hate for non-believers in your version of religion as does ISIS" is certainly describing herself far more than Avatar.

Hollie is a militant atheist, thus hater by definition.

The author of "You do seem to harbor much of the same hate for non-believers in your version of religion as does ISIS" is certainly describing herself far more than Avatar.

It's better you whine, moan and spam this thread like you do elsewhere rather than actually attempt to refute my comments.

It's better you whine, moan and spam this thread like you do elsewhere rather than actually attempt to refute my comments.
You have admitted elsewhere that you cannot provide that God does not exist. I call you out straight and fair to make you look the gastric penguin you, a bleching mouth farter of hate.

A true atheist does not care about any of this nonsense.

You have admitted elsewhere that you cannot provide that God does not exist. I call you out straight and fair to make you look the gastric penguin you, a bleching mouth farter of hate.

A true atheist does not care about any of this nonsense.
False, Jake. I have proved that your gawds do not exist. You have admitted you cannot disprove that.

Thanks. You're as dishonest a spammer now as before.

There you go with your fake christian attitude. Atheists are not haters by definition. They just don't buy your "My God is better than your non-god."

Looking down your nose at those that you accuse of "being unfaithful" is like the parable that Jesus told about the man that prayed to God, thanking him for not making him like the reached sinner that was begging forgiveness standing next to him. It's a form of persecution. You pretend to be so infallible.

Forum List

Back