Are atheists destroying the US?

amrchaos

Pentheus torn apart
Nov 1, 2008
Miami
Hi all

I was reading a couple of posts and I started to wonder if, this is for theists, people see atheism as a real and creditable threat to American society.

I personally don't think it is and think atheism, in its purest form, is very benign and boring.

It has only one uniting statement: "There is no God(God must be specified but is usually assumed to men the God of Judaim/Islam/Christianity)"

After that, the individual goes his own way.

However, there have been accusations that atheism is destroying the schools, coercing religious freedom, and all but oppressing Christians where ever they live. Surely, there is some misunderstanding here. All atheistic organizations want to do is secularize the public sector while encouraging citizens to practice there religion in a respectful and meaningful manner.

Is that so wrong?

To the OP, the far right social cons are a greater threat to America.

"There is no instance in history of a nation ever benefitting from prolonged warfare." - Sun Tzu "The Art of War"

America's fascination with Empire is what's destroying it.

83fb2623e51a7f988498071ee58345e175491bbebad486f59c601ff22c5af3b1.jpg

I personally don't think it is and think atheism, in its purest form, is very benign and boring.
the problem, as with any belief system, lies with its fanatics.......
The problem is that you hyper-religious types have a persecution and inferiority complex that is humiliating. You feel both persecuted and humiliated due to your embarrassing losses in the courts with your attempts to force your dogma into the public schools and into the public square. You want a special exemption from the law of the land to force your beliefs on others.

There's nothing "fanatical" about keeping organized christianity and the teaching of its religious dogma out of the public schools. That's in keeping with constitutional law.

Do you need a hanky?

Exactly.

Some people deliberately fill their children's minds with irrational religious gobbledygook and then scratch their heads in collective wonder about what could possibly be wrong with the country, and then in their infinite wisdom, after much fervent prayer, decide to blame it all on atheists..

Hi all

I was reading a couple of posts and I started to wonder if, this is for theists, people see atheism as a real and creditable threat to American society.

It has only one uniting statement: "There is no God(God must be specified but is usually assumed to men the God of Judaim/Islam/Christianity)"

After that, the individual goes his own way.

However, there have been accusations that atheism is destroying the schools, coercing religious freedom, and all but oppressing Christians where ever they live. Surely, there is some misunderstanding here. All atheistic organizations want to do is secularize the public sector while encouraging citizens to practice there religion in a respectful and meaningful manner.

Is that so wrong?

Well I think what we are seeing in society today is a phenomenon where our differences within the community have become overblown. As much as I loathe the 'blame the media' crap, in this case I have to at least point a finger at them. With so many media options at our disposal in both TV and radio, we have the luxury of hearing the version of the news that fits our comfort zone and our biases. Media knows that and reacts accordingly. The result is that when people see the opposition today, the media portrayal is extreme in order to satisfy their viewers or listeners.

The vast majority of theists and atheists are too busy with their own lives to care about what someone else is doing or what they believe. Those that do are either highly motivated (read 'nuts') or have some agenda that is probably more political than theological.

As far as atheists destroying schools....I was a teacher for 10 years and I am a man of faith. From my perspective school prayer is the least of our problems with our educational system

These > The vast majority of theists and atheists are too busy with their own lives to care about what someone else is doing or what they believe and school prayer is the least of our problems with our educational system

Last edited:
Illegal immigrants and an unquenchable thirst for war are destroying the US. Probably mostly Christians.

This thread fails as a loaded question fallacy.

You maybe right.

However, I have yet to find a poster that says "yes". Also, I doubt anyone would respond to

"What do you think about atheism and its practice in America?"

It needs a little "push" to garner some responses.

Fake christians are a far worse danger. They are like ISIS pretending to be Muslims

Forum List

Back