Are atheists destroying the US?

Like you, ISIS persecutes those that don't subscribe to their brand. That's why you are sooooo "concerned" with those that don't live up to your idea of what is "unfaithful". And that's why fake christians are such a problem.

I missed where I have persecuted anyone.

I am more concerned about unfaithful Christians because making a covenant with God and breaking it is far more evil then being an ignoramus who never made a covenant

To whom much is given much is required.
You do seem to harbor much of the same hate for non-believers in your version of religion as does ISIS. Your alleged covenants with your gawds are really no different than the covenants ISIS makes with theirs. They're a bit more excitable in the sense that they have no issue with killing and maiming to enforce their club membership.

To define as evil someone joining your covenant club and then either reconsidering their position or making a considered choice to leave the club is approaching the reactionary, cult status of ISIS.

In a very real sense, I see people with your extremist attitudes as different from the ISIS soldier only as a function of place of birth.

Amusing. As I don't hate anyone. Takes too much effort. In fact I would go out of my way to help you. Which is precisely why I am often here trying to persuade you to get to know God instead of doing other things.
Thanks for your offer of help but I've found that religions are less about helping than they are about increasing head count for the purpose of bolstering their power, wealth and influence.

Lastly, of the asserted gawds, I just don't have any reason to accept your configuration to be true as opposed to other configurations. As we know, all books of gawds are written by men with none of the writers making a solid case that they are transcribing the literal words of any of the gawds. And to be honest, I'm less convinced by the claims of Joseph Smith than I am for most other claims of men who will say they have had communications with (or received gifts from), the gawds.

that's because you refuse to actually learn what he taught
If your next tactic is to put a gun to my head to show me the truth and glory of your gawds and to persuade me to accept your religion, be advised I grew up with two older brothers who taught me how to fight dirty.

I do find your heavy handed prosyletizing concerning. There's no requirement for your gawds or anyone else's gawds to live a happy, healthy and productive life as billions of people prove every day. I get it; religions like to portray themselves as a requirement for morals and ethics but with regard to the ethics and morals of the gawds in the bibles, I see the worst cruelties ever imposed on mankind.

Take gawds away tomorrow and humans would behave pretty much like they do with their gawds in place. We are a mixture of selfishness and cooperation and it serves us pretty well. Most people do behave morally. It's you wonderful religious folks who have a problem with moral behavior

And yet you arent happy. Why is that?

Perhaps it's because you can't do wrong and feel right about it.

One day I hope you truly decide to find God instead of making excuses. Maybe then you won't have to pretend we have a gun to your head when we invite you to actually do something when you come to us complaining about God

One day I hope you truly decide to find God instead of making excuses. Maybe then you won't have to pretend we have a gun to your head when we invite you to actually do something when you come to us complaining about God
And yet, I am happy. Candidly it seems that you feel afraid, alone and unfulfilled and find a need to express those emotions by some rather over the top and aggressive proselytizing. Misery loves company as the saying goes.

I'm making no excuses for questioning and challenging your beliefs. It's a shame that religionists view such questioning and challenges as "attacks" on their religions. You are here of your own choosing and you should be aware that not everyone is going to share your beliefs. This is a public message board and that is simply one of the rules of engagement.

I came to no one complaining about any gawds. I pointed out that the christian gawds (more so the Hebrew gawds that christianity co-opted from Judaism), are responsible for some of the most cruel and violent acts against humanity. Gawds of alleged Infinite love and mercy who relentlessly slaughter their own children are a paradox that is worth addressing.

…speaking of gawds and the notion of infinite justice, infinite mercy, if I was a gawd, (and I’m speaking of the Judeo-Christian god, although the same characteristics would apply equally to most gods) these are the things I wouldn’t do:

I wouldn't set up a test for my children that was impossible for them to pass, purposely tempt them, and when they did fail it I wouldn't curse my children, and their children, and their children and their children and...

Of course, I guess we can resolve all that with "gawds ways are not man's ways"

I'm more concerned about unfaithful christians than athiests
Like ISIS is "concerned" with unfaithful Muslims.

I'm not sure Isis is that concerned about unfaithful Muslims. They are concerned with power and hate
Like you, ISIS persecutes those that don't subscribe to their brand. That's why you are sooooo "concerned" with those that don't live up to your idea of what is "unfaithful". And that's why fake christians are such a problem.

I am more concerned about unfaithful Christians because making a covenant with God and breaking it is far more evil then being an ignoramus who never made a covenant

"I missed where I have persecuted anyone. "

To be fair, the only time I've seen you do it is when you post.

And yet, I am happy. Candidly it seems that you feel afraid, alone and unfulfilled and find a need to express those emotions by some rather over the top and aggressive proselytizing. Misery loves company as the saying goes.

I'm making no excuses for questioning and challenging your beliefs. It's a shame that religionists view such questioning and challenges as "attacks" on their religions. You are here of your own choosing and you should be aware that not everyone is going to share your beliefs. This is a public message board and that is simply one of the rules of engagement.

I came to no one complaining about any gawds. I pointed out that the christian gawds (more so the Hebrew gawds that christianity co-opted from Judaism), are responsible for some of the most cruel and violent acts against humanity. Gawds of alleged Infinite love and mercy who relentlessly slaughter their own children are a paradox that is worth addressing.

…speaking of gawds and the notion of infinite justice, infinite mercy, if I was a gawd, (and I’m speaking of the Judeo-Christian god, although the same characteristics would apply equally to most gods) these are the things I wouldn’t do:

I wouldn't set up a test for my children that was impossible for them to pass, purposely tempt them, and when they did fail it I wouldn't curse my children, and their children, and their children and their children and...

Of course, I guess we can resolve all that with "gawds ways are not man's ways"

Me too.

The ones who seem so miserable are the "christians". They're always here, yammering at each other about who is the better christian or railing at atheists. I really do wonder why they don't seem to get any real peace or serenity from their faith.

They're more than welcome to their fairy tales but I think they need to look at their own faults and foibles, quit the constant thumping and leave non-believers alone.

And here we see the arrogance common to most theists.

"Perhaps it's because you can't do wrong and feel right about it.
"

That's definitely something I agree with you about but I'm kind of surprised that you admit you feel "right" when you do wrong.

Frankly, I think that whole excuse of "not perfect, just saved" is a shameful dodge of one's personal responsibility.

If I do wrong, I DO feel wrong about it.

I doubt she meant to be THIS honest when she wrote:

"Perhaps it's because you can't do wrong and feel right about it.'

:uhoh3:

"Are atheists destroying the US?"

Actually, those free from faith are among the greatest defenders of America, particularly with regard to the Constitution's requirement that church and state remain separate, thus safeguarding the liberty of every American to believe as he sees fit, or to indeed be free from faith.

More often than not it is the theist who seeks to conjoin church and state by working to codify subjective, errant religious dogma into secular law all must obey – measures seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law being among the more blatant examples.

I'm more concerned about unfaithful christians than athiests
Like ISIS is "concerned" with unfaithful Muslims.

I'm not sure Isis is that concerned about unfaithful Muslims. They are concerned with power and hate

"I missed where I have persecuted anyone. "

To be fair, the only time I've seen you do it is when you post.

You shouldn't break the 9th commandnent

The three of you sit around complaining about a God you claim doesn't exist. It's not exactly rocket science to figure out you guys are miserable. It literally permeates your posts.

"Perhaps it's because you can't do wrong and feel right about it.
"

That's definitely something I agree with you about but I'm kind of surprised that you admit you feel "right" when you do wrong.

Frankly, I think that whole excuse of "not perfect, just saved" is a shameful dodge of one's personal responsibility.

If I do wrong, I DO feel wrong about it.

And yet it doesn't stop you from lying in almost every post you write. And you claim to be happy while doing so.

You know, you really aren't making me want to stand up for atheists in the future if all you are going to do is lie about and attack me for doing so.

The three of you sit around complaining about a God you claim doesn't exist. It's not exactly rocket science to figure out you guys are miserable. It literally permeates your posts.
I'm afraid you're projecting. You're angry and emotive because you're being required to account for your religious beliefs. You're being required to account for the book you worship and why that book is rife with errors, omissions and profound contradictions about gawds of infinite love and mercy who are the most cruel and vindictive "personalities".

The sad, twisted truth about conservative Christianity’s effect on the mind

'If a former believer says that Christianity made her depressed, obsessive, or post-traumatic, she is likely to be dismissed as an exaggerator. She might describe panic attacks about the rapture; moods that swung from ecstasy about God’s overwhelming love to suicidal self-loathing about repeated sins; or an obsession with sexual purity.

A symptom like one of these clearly has a religious component, yet many people instinctively blame the victim. They will say that the wounded former believer was prone to anxiety or depression or obsession in the first place—that his Christianity somehow got corrupted by his predisposition to psychological problems' :eusa_whistle:

The sad twisted truth about conservative Christianity s effect on the mind - Salon.com

I'm afraid you're projecting. You're angry and emotive because you're being required to account for your religious beliefs. You're being required to account for the book you worship and why that book is rife with errors, omissions and profound contradictions about gawds of infinite love and mercy who are the most cruel and vindictive "personalities".

I enjoy discussing my religious beliefs. In fact, that's why I encouraged the original owners of the board to create the religion forum. So we could discuss religious ideas without it clogging up the politics section.

So why would I be angry about discussing them? If something makes me angry, I wouldn't do it. The world has too much negativity to purposely put yourself in negative situations.

What is a sign of anger is whining about God and religion when you have no belief in them. If there is no God why does it matter if others believe in Him? Why go to places where it's discussed and complain about people talking to you about God when all you have to do is not put yourself in that position?

You guys complain about what you term as hypocritical Christians who don't follow their faith and then complain about Christians discussing their faith with you when they would be hypocrites if they didn't.

You aren't honestly seeking when you refuse to even read a book or experiment in the least. You're just trying to justify to yourself why you are better than others. This isn't something that needs to be done if you are living after the manner of happiness.

God has a plan of happiness. And the center of that plan is the resurrection and atonement of Jesus Christ. The atonement is the one thing that can heal us spiritually and physically. When you use it to repent of your sins you can provide a way for the spirit to teach you and change you. You can become more humble. You can become full of love. And when you are full of love you want to share that love with others.

Study the scriptures and come to Christ. The light and joy you can receive will amaze you

I enjoy discussing my religious beliefs. In fact, that's why I encouraged the original owners of the board to create the religion forum. So we could discuss religious ideas without it clogging up the politics section.

So why would I be angry about discussing them? If something makes me angry, I wouldn't do it. The world has too much negativity to purposely put yourself in negative situations.

What is a sign of anger is whining about God and religion when you have no belief in them. If there is no God why does it matter if others believe in Him? Why go to places where it's discussed and complain about people talking to you about God when all you have to do is not put yourself in that position?

You guys complain about what you term as hypocritical Christians who don't follow their faith and then complain about Christians discussing their faith with you when they would be hypocrites if they didn't.

You aren't honestly seeking when you refuse to even read a book or experiment in the least. You're just trying to justify to yourself why you are better than others. This isn't something that needs to be done if you are living after the manner of happiness.

God has a plan of happiness. And the center of that plan is the resurrection and atonement of Jesus Christ. The atonement is the one thing that can heal us spiritually and physically. When you use it to repent of your sins you can provide a way for the spirit to teach you and change you. You can become more humble. You can become full of love. And when you are full of love you want to share that love with others.

Study the scriptures and come to Christ. The light and joy you can receive will amaze you
Sheesh, dude. You're coming across as really desperate. You mistake people's interest in discussing a subject as a reason to become the salesman from hell for your partisan gawds. Your lack of sales is no reason to become angry and emotive because you can't gain converts.

What's disturbing is that you refuse to address the myriad contradictions and paradoxes of gawds of infinite mercy with the biblical realities of gawds of anger, vengence and infliction of suffering. If you're going to be a salesman, understand that the buyer had already done her homework and knows the product.

So where are these religious folks who are "full of love"?

And, put down the script.

Forum List

Back