Anyone here under the age of let's say...45?

I'm 42 but my point being whether it is this forum/website or this subject within it there are hardly any "young" people which scares the shit out of me. You see I do not want to have to go to Facebook or Twitter to talk to other human beings. Sure there are other websites with discussion boards but few if any have that many people and on top of that they seem to all be ran by fascists such as at classicrockforums.com, black-sabbath.com, mjjcommunity.com, musicbanter.com, mjj2005.com, queenonline.com, etc. I am scared to death of not just what's happening with our freedom on the internet but for humans if those two social websites (Facebook and Twitter) are the only ways to communicate with any significance of amount of people. THOUGH you all seem great and involved and on top of things...and I am SO thankful for that. :)

I'm 42 but my point being whether it is this forum/website or this subject within it there are hardly any "young" people which scares the shit out of me. You see I do not want to have to go to Facebook or Twitter to talk to other human beings. Sure there are other websites with discussion boards but few if any have that many people and on top of that they seem to all be ran by fascists such as at classicrockforums.com, black-sabbath.com, mjjcommunity.com, musicbanter.com, mjj2005.com, queenonline.com, etc. I am scared to death of not just what's happening with our freedom on the internet but for humans if those two social websites (Facebook and Twitter) are the only ways to communicate with any significance of amount of people. THOUGH you all seem great and involved and on top of things...and I am SO thankful for that. :)
Few younger folks are as learned about history, and politics. Plus their experience as it relates to their own living memory is very limited. So most of them haven’t experienced first hand the changes for the worse that many of us have.

I remember a year or so ago, on NPR I found out that this band came our with it's first new material since the eighties.

Interesting.

The young have limited ability and patience to communicate in meaningful form whatsoever.

This has been exasperated by a confluence of several factors. First, by their preferred social media, like Snapchat, Tinder, Instagram, etc. These particular types of social media puts a premium on brevity, memes, images and video.

The second factor, IMO, is the diminishing intellectual vigor of the public school systems. When my kid was younger, I actually was able to make him read more during the summer than the school required him to read during the school year. I am quite worried about him now. He is so busy with his social life and other commitments now, and of course, now, I have little control over what he does. . .

I can't "MAKE" a seventeen year old read, in the late seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, a seventeen year old male would be considered a young adult male. I encounter too much resistance and would harm my relationship, to force such a silly issue as reading. There are bigger fish to fry at this point. Like enforcing limits on destructive behavior and promoting healthy lifestyle choices.

etc.

So. . . we just hope for the best with the next gen.

I heard him lamenting about the future to his mom on the phone the other day. So I showed him a clip from a movie that I have sequestered for reasons that he has not yet read the book. He is now excited to read it b/c he identifies with the main themes, in trying to choose a college/career path going forward after his senior year. :113:

Only old farts on this board

We drive off the young in’s

Louder? Ha, you kids don't know loud. I have 6 foot tall speakers powered by 3,000 watts in an 18 foot room. Can hit 130 dB. Makes a live concert seem tame.

LOL....
The Wife has been trying to wean me off of high decibel music since we met 30 years ago.
I swear to God she cant hear me from across the room when I speak to her but let my music get to a "comfortable"level and she starts bitching!!!
Thank God I retired years before she did or she would be appalled at what I put the neighbors through when she's at work.

Louder? Ha, you kids don't know loud. I have 6 foot tall speakers powered by 3,000 watts in an 18 foot room. Can hit 130 dB. Makes a live concert seem tame.

LOL....
The Wife has been trying to wean me off of high decibel music since we met 30 years ago.
I swear to God she cant hear me from across the room when I speak to her but let my music get to a "comfortable"level and she starts bitching!!!
Thank God I retired years before she did or she would be appalled at what I put the neighbors through when she's at work.

What people don't understand is that it takes POWER to reproduce even acoustic music. Everything from fleeting transients to the impact in your chest when an orchestra strikes together. Not to mention deep pedal notes on a pipe organ.

Then there is the teeth-loosening bass of Emerson Lake and Palmer . . .

Lol, Deplorable Yankee...that was awesome...as well as you all's other responses! Oh, Jesus Christ! JOSweetHeart! Are you o.k.?! Are you lost?! Do your parents know about you being on here?! Do I need to report you?! Should someone document what you have done?! Will you be o.k.?!

LOL....

What people don't understand is that it takes POWER to reproduce even acoustic music. Everything from fleeting transients to the impact in your chest when an orchestra strikes together. Not to mention deep pedal notes on a pipe organ.

I have a bunch of BOSE stuff that rocks beyond what the Wife knows about.
It thumps when you crank it up....and she's not around.

I have a bunch of BOSE stuff that rocks beyond what the Wife knows about.

Big, deep belly laugh. When my wife rides with me and I crank the engine, the radio blares to life. In her sweet Southern voice, she comments, "There's been a deaf man driving this truck." Love that woman. When I drive home to our suburban neighborhood, she hears my music from behind closed doors and through my closed truck windows. Rock and Roll is to be felt and heard. Like a hammer blow.

LOL....

Ever been to a NASCAR race?

WE ARE NOT WORTHY!

iu

Forum List

Back