Anyone els besides me try to avoid doing this at work?

You know, I never had a problem with using the bathroom at work. Why? Because I KNEW the head was clean, and if it wasn't, I simply told the compartment cleaners and they took care of it.

But then again, being in the military is kinda like that.

I just hate hearing someone walk in while I'm doing that

My son lives with 4 other guys and one bathroom near his University....lol.. he is used to it now.

Taking a shit should always involve privacy

That would be ideal but sometimes it's just not possible, especially in the military.

When I was in the Marines a half a century ago, the head (restroom) in every barracks had a row of hoppers with no partitions between them. The wall behind the first hopper had “VD ONLY” painted in large red letters. At Parris Island when the DI gave a ten minute break from the parade field, everyone ran like hell to the head. Often when I was on the hopper, there was someone standing right in front of me waiting to take my place.

When I was stationed aboard the U.S.S. Pocono (AGC-16) as part of a 12-man Marine communications detachment, the heads offered a little more privacy. There were partitions between the hoppers but no structure in front. The “hoppers” were something else: each hopper was nothing but a pair of wooden planks placed over a trough that had sea water continuously flowing through it. Crude, but efficient.

I joined the Navy in 1982, and the only place we had open bay bathrooms was in boot camp. Every ship I was on had individual bathroom stalls with doors, and individual showers with curtains on it. My last ship was the best though, because we were in 2 man staterooms with their own bathroom and shower.

Only ship I ever was on was a navy cargo ship forget the designation. There were to many SNCO and Officer on the ship so I bunked in the 200 man bay in the bottom of the ship, which worked out great cause I get sea sick and be birthed up high would have been MUCH worse. We had open toilets there.

I was lucky most of the people were on an amphibious ship and they are smaller and I would have really been sea sick if there. As it was I ate in the Chief's mess which was up high so eating was lots of fun ) wore a patch the 5 days I was on board.

You know, I never had a problem with using the bathroom at work. Why? Because I KNEW the head was clean, and if it wasn't, I simply told the compartment cleaners and they took care of it.

But then again, being in the military is kinda like that.

omg do you seriously have to chirrup about being *military* every single time you post?

It's almost like you are the mentally ill guy who was ousted early on, then spent a lifetime creating a fake veteran persona to score chicks..or in your case...whatever.

Only ship I ever was on was a navy cargo ship forget the designation. There were to many SNCO and Officer on the ship so I bunked in the 200 man bay in the bottom of the ship, which worked out great cause I get sea sick and be birthed up high would have been MUCH worse. We had open toilets there.

I was lucky most of the people were on an amphibious ship and they are smaller and I would have really been sea sick if there. As it was I ate in the Chief's mess which was up high so eating was lots of fun ) wore a patch the 5 days I was on board.

Dunno if you still go out on the water, but here's an old Navy trick for eating in rough seas................take a napkin and get it wet, and put it on the table, then place your tray on top of it. You can do the same thing with a glass. Damp napkins don't slide very well and will hold your plate and glass.

Taking a shit?

It's a very uncomfortable experience which is why you should only drink water at home.

Would you agree?

I agree drinking plenty of water is really healthful !

Never was in rough weather really, went from Okinawa to Korea. I was just green around the gills while eating. LOL SgtMaj had called me one night to come play cards with him and some SNCO I declined. The next morning he noticed me being green and ask if I declined cause I was sea sick and I said ya, good thing that happened not a good idea to piss of SgtMaj's.

Never was in rough weather really, went from Okinawa to Korea. I was just green around the gills while eating. LOL SgtMaj had called me one night to come play cards with him and some SNCO I declined. The next morning he noticed me being green and ask if I declined cause I was sea sick and I said ya, good thing that happened not a good idea to piss of SgtMaj's.

I got my start on a small boy, only 578 ft. long and 75 ft. wide, with a 38 ft. draft and stood about 35 ft. out of the water at main deck. That is where I learned how to survive in rough seas. Incidentally, the reason a person gets sea sick is because of the confusion between their eyes and their middle ear. The eyes say you are sitting still in a room, but your inner ear tells you that the cabin is moving, and the resulting confusion is what causes you to get sick. Top tip..........if you feel yourself getting queasy at sea, walk out onto the main deck, stare at the horizon so you can get used to the idea that you ARE moving, and you should be okay.

One of the best cruises I ever had was when the USS DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER (CVN69) decided to go up above the Arctic Circle in the middle of Feb. Why was that good? Because the seas were rough as hell and the carrier was taking 10 to 15 degree rolls. Carrier sailors aren't used to rough seas because a carrier rarely ever moves, and the chow lines during those couple of weeks were damn near non existent.

And.............to tell you how rough it was, the spray from the waves (not the actual wave itself) was breaking OVER the flight deck, and it froze an A6 to the deck under about 8 inches of ice.
Flight decks are 90 ft. off of the water btw.

Taking a shit?

It's a very uncomfortable experience which is why you should only drink water at home.

Would you agree?

I agree drinking plenty of water is really healthful !

Actually, it's healthy to drink the RIGHT AMOUNT of water, not gallons of the stuff. And, did you know that you can actually hurt yourself or possibly even die if you drink to much water?

Can I Die From Drinking Too Much Water?

I prefer to listen to my body and drink when I'm thirsty, or notice my urine is getting dark.

Taking a shit?

Would you agree?
Drinking water makes you want to take a dump?

And you can't lay cable at work? Is that a McDonald's-wide policy? Or just for noobs like you?

I always run my water through the coffee maker. Dang, talk about the laxative-like properties of H2O.

Make your coffee with purified water and you will have the runs. Or........if you want to play a NASTY trick on someone else, just one drop of hydraulic fluid in their coffee will do the trick. It won't hurt them, it won't kill them, and they won't be able to taste it, but it WILL give them a nasty case of the runs.

Forum List

Back