Anti-PC people making a mistake on the Duck Dynasty story

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

Those of us who have had enough BS from the PC Police are making it easy for them to wiggle out of this story on the hairy southern duck guy.

By bringing up -- or worse, letting them move the conversation to -- freedom of speech or religion or television contracts or the Constitution, you're giving them the opportunity to avoid the real issue (at least in my humble opinion): Their hypocritical, narcissistic intolerance.

Plus, this issue doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's just the latest in a long, long line of examples of their bigotry and intolerance. Holy crap, some of the things I've seen them say here about people who live in that area, wow.

The pushback is absolutely great and terribly overdue. They've jumped the shark with their race-baiting, language-manipulating, phony self esteem-building, forced inclusion silliness and it's clear that the pushback has begun. Yay!

This isn't (or shouldn't be) about the 1st Amendment or television contracts or religion. It should be about the hypocritical, paranoid, intolerant narcissism of the PC Police, and how they want to punish and intimidate people and businesses.

Last edited:
Perhaps the problem is the forces that amplify the whining of the lGBTQ community. They are being told they are headed for hell. They don't agree...but then their banner is picked up by others who feel the need to DO SOMETHING....when all they should do is stfu.

I've seen media personalities crash and burn my whole life for something they said or did

Most did not wrap themselves in the bible

Those of us who have had enough BS from the PC Police are making it easy for them to wiggle out of this story on the hairy southern duck guy.

By bringing up -- or worse, letting them move the conversation to -- freedom of speech or religion or television contracts or the Constitution, you're giving them the opportunity to avoid the real issue (at least in my humble opinion): Their hypocritical, narcissistic intolerance.

Plus, this issue doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's just the latest in a long, long line of examples of their bigotry and intolerance. Holy crap, some of the things I've seen them say here about people who live in that area, wow.

The pushback is absolutely great and terribly overdue. They've jumped the shark with their race-baiting, language-manipulating, phony self esteem-building, forced inclusion silliness and it's clear that the pushback has begun. Yay!

This isn't (or shouldn't be) about the 1st Amendment or television contracts or religion. It should be about the hypocritical, paranoid, intolerant narcissism of the PC Police, and how they want to punish and intimidate people and businesses.

You are of course correct.

The controversy over Duck Dynasty has little to do with Duck Dynasty. It's been building for a long time. It's all the bakers, photographers, school children, Chick Fil A. It's a people that MAY finally be saying ENOUGH. I hope so. I heard someone just the other say that this might be a turning point, the day when decency makes a stand. We can only hope that Christians mobilize and exercise the power that the majority has.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
A guy shot his mouth off and was held accountable

The end of freedom as we know it

I like it, good stuff.

The best thing that can happen here is that the PC Police keep doing what they're doing and deny it all the way. That will make it easier for those of us who have had enough to turn this around. And it's already begun.

It not a freedom of speech issue. That is a political distnction. It is however something that illuminates the left and all of their double talking, double standards and hypocritical disposition. They will always believe they are the smartest ones in the room and anyone that is not in lock step agreement on every issue are demented, knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, right wing hey seed rubes.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
I love this passage from a Wm. B. Fankboner essay:

"Spinoza said: ‘Every man is by indefeasible natural right the master of his own thoughts.’ The great fallacy of monolithic doctrines like political correctness is that they seek to eliminate an important step in human cognition: the dialogue with the self, the act of dialectical mastication that allows us to absorb and process experience, to direct and enable our own moral lives. Only in the inviolable sanctuary of the soul, in the sacred act of self-communion, can man realize his own transcendence and salvation. Politically correct speech and thought provide us with the predigested morality of self-appointed ideologues, the profane consensus of mediocre minds, in lieu of our own common sense and the collective wisdom of the ages. "

It not a freedom of speech issue. That is a political distnction. It is however something that illuminates the left and all of their double talking, double standards and hypocritical disposition. They will always believe they are the smartest ones in the room and anyone that is not in lock step agreement on every issue are demented, knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, right wing hey seed rubes.

Watch how often they try to derail this very thread.

I think they know the game is up, but they'll keep trying.

Good points.

I heard GLADD was taking a beating over their pitchin' a bitch.

I am thinking that both sides show signs of intolerance.

How far down the intolerance line do we go? Intolerance of intolerance is really just a different point of view.

I love this passage from a Wm. B. Fankboner essay:

"Spinoza said: ‘Every man is by indefeasible natural right the master of his own thoughts.’ The great fallacy of monolithic doctrines like political correctness is that they seek to eliminate an important step in human cognition: the dialogue with the self, the act of dialectical mastication that allows us to absorb and process experience, to direct and enable our own moral lives. Only in the inviolable sanctuary of the soul, in the sacred act of self-communion, can man realize his own transcendence and salvation. Politically correct speech and thought provide us with the predigested morality of self-appointed ideologues, the profane consensus of mediocre minds, in lieu of our own common sense and the collective wisdom of the ages. "

If your guy was strictly followed,nary a word would be spoken ever. Not a bad idea.

I like it, good stuff.

The best thing that can happen here is that the PC Police keep doing what they're doing and deny it all the way. That will make it easier for those of us who have had enough to turn this around. And it's already begun.

All societies have behaviors that they find offensive. Offensive speech has always had consequences....always will

I like it, good stuff.

All societies have behaviors that they find offensive. Offensive speech has always had consequences....always will

Obabble's lies are offensive.....waiting on the consequences.

I like it, good stuff.

Threats are easy to make.

Doing the heavy lifting of changing hearts & minds, not so much.

Some sage advice to Conservatives....

When speaking about Homosexuality, bringing up bestiality and pedophilia will get you in trouble every time.......Don't do it

Jim Crow was a dark period in our history. Lynching, bombing, terrorism are not something to be nostalgic for.......Don't do it

I like it, good stuff.

Obabble's lies are offensive.....waiting on the consequences.

He saw the consequences in 2012

People need to wake up and stand up to Militant groups like Glaad,...Their only mission is to SILENCE you and take away your rights to Freedom of Speech...Just who appointed them judge and jury of what can or can't be said about homosexuals..They are now getting people FIRED from their jobs...wake up
links with article at site

SNIP:
GLAAD called for depriving ‘hate mongers’ of ‘platform to spread anti-gay hate’ [VIDEO]

12:06 PM 12/24/2013

The gay advocacy organization that pressured the A&E network into silencing Phil Robertson and Duck Dynasty has repeatedly called for censorship against content with which they disagree.

A&E Television Networks, LLC, a joint venture between Hearst Corporation and Disney-ABC Television Group, suspended Robertson last week after his off-color comments about gays and minorities appeared in GQ magazine. (RELATED: Paglia: Duck Dynasty uproar ‘utterly fascist, utterly Stalinist’)

The decision jeopardized A&E’s flagship program and set off a cultural battle that has broken almost entirely along corporate/popular lines. Companies from A&E itself to Cracker Barrel experienced an intense, widespread and almost certainly unexpected backlash for their perceived censorship of the Louisiana icon. (RELATED: Cracker Barrel: A Tale of Two Press Releases)

Most recently, Twitter found itself on the receiving end of a popular uproar after it blocked a pro-Robertson hashtag. (RELATED: Twitter blocking petition supporting Phil Robertson)

But Robertson’s suspension did not come about in a vacuum. The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) aims specifically to silence political opponents and highlights its censorship efforts in public statements and fundraising pitches.

“Why do we still need GLAAD?” asked GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz at the organization’s media gala in Los Angeles in April 2013. “We haven’t won yet.”

Cruz continued. “We have a long way to go before hate mongers like the National Organization for Marriage are no longer given platforms to spread anti-gay hate. That’s why GLAAD is on the ground fighting for our future.”

ALL of it here
GLAAD called for blocking 'hate mongers' from media[VIDEO] | The Daily Caller

Last edited:
Television executives recognize that A&E made a rookie mistake. What is the "platform" that GLAAD wants to take away? It's the Churches that don't agree with them. It's people who talk to others who believe just as the do that they want to take away.

GLAAD needs a massive slapdown.

Forum List

Back