Anti-PC people making a mistake on the Duck Dynasty story

There has always been PC
Back in the 40s, saying anything pro Germany or Japan got you fired
Back in the 50s, saying anything remotely favoring communism got you fired
Back in the 60s-70s, saying the n-word would get you fired

Now, equating homosexuals with bestiality will get you fired

Back in biblical times uttering the name of the lord would get you stoned to death. Given half a chance many of these religious assholes would jump at a chance to make all sorts of speech punishable by law.

Given half a chance the gay gestapo would do the same to anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Gay gestapo? I bet their uniforms are fabulous. Seriously, where do you people get this stuff?

It should be about the hypocritical, paranoid, intolerant narcissism of the PC Police, and how they want to punish and intimidate people and businesses.

Haven't the bible thumping right been happy to do this in times past?

Yep.

And your attempt at deflection is noted.

How is that a deflection? You're arguing that people need to stand up against hypocrisy of the "PC police." That is, itself, hypocrisy. Why do you accept one group of people using boycotts as a means of social pressure, but not another? Did you object when conservatives launched a boycott against Home Depot because they donate to Gay/Lesbian groups? Did you have a problem with the boycotts of the sponsors who supported Ed Schultz after he called Laura Ingraham a slut? Did you take exception to the conservative boycott of Nabisco because of Al Sharpton using the word "cracker" as a racial slur 25 years ago? Why is it NOW that you are speaking out? What makes this the moment when "intimidating and punishing" people has suddenly become a problem?

As far as I'm concerned it's all a solidly conservative, and 100% correct way of doing things. If you don't like what Phil Robertson has said, then you have the right not watch the show. If A&E wants to suspend him and that bothers you, you can boycott the network if you wish. If neither is a sufficient cause in your opinion to influence your TV watching decisions, then continue to go about your business as usual.

Those of us who have had enough BS from the PC Police are making it easy for them to wiggle out of this story on the hairy southern duck guy.

By bringing up -- or worse, letting them move the conversation to -- freedom of speech or religion or television contracts or the Constitution, you're giving them the opportunity to avoid the real issue (at least in my humble opinion): Their hypocritical, narcissistic intolerance.

Plus, this issue doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's just the latest in a long, long line of examples of their bigotry and intolerance. Holy crap, some of the things I've seen them say here about people who live in that area, wow.

The pushback is absolutely great and terribly overdue. They've jumped the shark with their race-baiting, language-manipulating, phony self esteem-building, forced inclusion silliness and it's clear that the pushback has begun. Yay!

This isn't (or shouldn't be) about the 1st Amendment or television contracts or religion. It should be about the hypocritical, paranoid, intolerant narcissism of the PC Police, and how they want to punish and intimidate people and businesses.

The Phil-side shoulda controlled the debate better by addressing it as a Bible paraphrase issue only. Since Phil did in fact paraphrase Corinthians, coulda won the whole debate simply by saying, "Loook, this is what the Bible says. If you don't agree fine, but if that's the case we're not inclined to argue the point with you beause we certainly don't want to ram our religion down anyone's throat." Even if Christians do in fact like ramming their religion down people's throats, it would have won the debate outright by limiting the frame of reference.

If you don't like where someone tries taking a debate, don't accept the premise of their question or point. Reply only to your own arguement. No such thing as a one person debate. :)

Does Corinthians address the physics of anal sex or the high points of Jim Crow?

Those of us who have had enough BS from the PC Police are making it easy for them to wiggle out of this story on the hairy southern duck guy.

By bringing up -- or worse, letting them move the conversation to -- freedom of speech or religion or television contracts or the Constitution, you're giving them the opportunity to avoid the real issue (at least in my humble opinion): Their hypocritical, narcissistic intolerance.

Plus, this issue doesn't exist in a vacuum. It's just the latest in a long, long line of examples of their bigotry and intolerance. Holy crap, some of the things I've seen them say here about people who live in that area, wow.

The pushback is absolutely great and terribly overdue. They've jumped the shark with their race-baiting, language-manipulating, phony self esteem-building, forced inclusion silliness and it's clear that the pushback has begun. Yay!

This isn't (or shouldn't be) about the 1st Amendment or television contracts or religion. It should be about the hypocritical, paranoid, intolerant narcissism of the PC Police, and how they want to punish and intimidate people and businesses.

Dammit, Mac's got a right to be a bigot and don't you dare take that away from him!

What are you defending here, exactly, Mac?

Perhaps the problem is the forces that amplify the whining of the lGBTQ community. They are being told they are headed for hell. They don't agree...but then their banner is picked up by others who feel the need to DO SOMETHING....when all they should do is stfu.

Or maybe we just refuse to believe in a God who would burn people FOR ALL ETERNITY because of who they chose to love?

The real problem you Christians have is that you've Disneyfied your diety. The God of the Bible really is a horrible monster and I rejoice at his non-existence.

But every once in a while, some of you actually embrace the suck to try to use the bible to rationalize your bad behavior.

Just like the misogynists who burned "witches" and racists who whipped slaves, because the bible told them so.

What you guys are really mourning is that when you behave badly, and hold up the bible, good hearted people are saying, "Not a good enough reason". As they should.

Shit, even Pope Francis is saying "Lay off the gay stuff!"

Haven't the bible thumping right been happy to do this in times past?

Yep.

And your attempt at deflection is noted.

How is that a deflection? You're arguing that people need to stand up against hypocrisy of the "PC police." That is, itself, hypocrisy. Why do you accept one group of people using boycotts as a means of social pressure, but not another? Did you object when conservatives launched a boycott against Home Depot because they donate to Gay/Lesbian groups? Did you have a problem with the boycotts of the sponsors who supported Ed Schultz after he called Laura Ingraham a slut? Did you take exception to the conservative boycott of Nabisco because of Al Sharpton using the word "cracker" as a racial slur 25 years ago? Why is it NOW that you are speaking out? What makes this the moment when "intimidating and punishing" people has suddenly become a problem?

As far as I'm concerned it's all a solidly conservative, and 100% correct way of doing things. If you don't like what Phil Robertson has said, then you have the right not watch the show. If A&E wants to suspend him and that bothers you, you can boycott the network if you wish. If neither is a sufficient cause in your opinion to influence your TV watching decisions, then continue to go about your business as usual.

First of all, it was a deflection because you purposely took the topic and laid it somewhere else in an effort to move the discussion. That's what deflection is.

Second, since I'm not a partisan ideologue, I can be consistent. I've seen the behaviors you mentioned from the Right and disagree with them as well. I don't like people leveraging threats and intimidation to stop others from exercising their freedom of expression no matter WHAT the situation. So, sorry, that one doesn't fly.

And finally, the PC Police are about far more than threats and intimidation levied against freedom of expression. They are also about a wide range of other destructive cultural distortions, such as manipulation of the language, forced & artificial "inclusion", forced and artificial "self esteem" inflation, the Politics of Envy, the Politics of Victimhood, Identity Politics and more.

I hope that answers your questions.

Dammit, Mac's got a right to be a bigot and don't you dare take that away from him!

What are you defending here, exactly, Mac?

Aw, more name-calling from Joe.

How am I a bigot, precisely?

And you still haven't figured out my point? Really?

A guy shot his mouth off and was held accountable

The end of freedom as we know it

I like it, good stuff.

The best thing that can happen here is that the PC Police keep doing what they're doing and deny it all the way. That will make it easier for those of us who have had enough to turn this around. And it's already begun.

yes, because clearly, being able to say racist, sexist and homophobic things should be an enshrined virtue in America.

That's exactly what the Founding Fathers had in mind, being straight, white males who wanted to keep it that way.

Good points.

I heard GLADD was taking a beating over their pitchin' a bitch.

I am thinking that both sides show signs of intolerance.

How far down the intolerance line do we go? Intolerance of intolerance is really just a different point of view.

How far down the line should we go or how far have we gone is the better question ? We should have drawn the line years ago when our children became in dangered of the vast immoral and corrupt influences that were to be set in motion against them. These were corrupt influences and attacks that were born out of a weakness that came in many forms through the years. It was like demons were then charged to come up straight out of HELL to attack our families from within, and also from without. They saw that once we had blinked on these valuable things that had once held our values in tact, then the doors were slowly but finally opening wide for them who were our enemies back then, and still are in life to this very day. They don't change, but they expect us to or be destroyed by a generational flooding in which is planed for in the ways that they see it, and is being implemented in the ways that they are playing it all out on us.

Weakness breeds more weakness, and every time we allow people to do us wrong or allow them that are among us to do wrong on our behalf, and to use our good name when doing this wrong, then we invite our enemies into the gate every time.

Once the enemy is in the gates, they go straight after the children, and that's because that is where the change for the enemy can ultimately come first. I mean just look at how Hollywood has focused so much on the youth these days, and how much influence it has had on them, and then look at what the government has done to the public school system as well. We love being tolerant, and we love being free, but these things have come at a huge price these days, because we have lost our way in them, and we have become weakened due to our great love for freedom, and our love for laughter, fun and all those things that nourishes the soul in us. However, we must know where the line is to be drawn in order to keep the enemy out of the gates.

So yes your question is a good one for sure. Now if we were to try and close the gates that has allowed the enemy in, then they quickly scream bloody murder upon behalf of the one who is guilty of all their corrupt thinking (they protect him). So how do we identify an enemy we have since allowed to get around our little cubs over time ? How will we identify one that has since been able to appear as a friend when it is no friend at all, but rather the destroyer himself who hath come to destroy us while we were asleep ? Think about it, now how far has the enemy gotten into the gate, and where should we re-draw the battle lines before all is lost ?

Nothing wrong with line drawing, as it is done all the time in life, but we must make sure that it isn't a line that which is the same that separated Germany after the war (THE WALL). We don't want that either (to extreme), so I think we should just make some boundaries as to what we stand for, and then to stand up once again for those boundaries, and then demand respect for our boundaries that are set . We shouldn't allow anyone to change those rules on us, but yet we should always be willing to allow change in acceptance there of, in that may come to a person whom would decide to want what we have in life also, and then if they do change, well then accept that person in their change always with open arms, but do that with caution also.

Don't be fooled by the area of thinking in which causes the guard to be let down in which protects the young (take caution), because some will act as if they have changed and want what you also want in life, but only to come in and destroy once the door is left wide open for this to happen by them. These things are easy folks, but if our very own government has become rogue or against us in these things, and they are the ones prying open our doors no matter what we want in our lives, then we might be done.

All we can do is look for salvation to come to us, and this as we walk through the valley of death that we shall fear no evil, and we should stand up for our children even unto our very own deaths if we have to, and this to ensure that they have been given the same opportunities in life that were given unto us in our lives. The children are our future, so let them live and keep them safe. Amen! Remember everyone, evil is of no color, and is of no gender. It can reside in just about anything we hold dear to us in our lives, so take heed of that, and take caution always. Pay attention to the signs, because they are always there to read just as plain as the nose is on our faces. Merry Christmas !

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Perhaps the problem is the forces that amplify the whining of the lGBTQ community. They are being told they are headed for hell. They don't agree...but then their banner is picked up by others who feel the need to DO SOMETHING....when all they should do is stfu.

Or maybe we just refuse to believe in a God who would burn people FOR ALL ETERNITY because of who they chose to love?

The real problem you Christians have is that you've Disneyfied your diety. The God of the Bible really is a horrible monster and I rejoice at his non-existence.

But every once in a while, some of you actually embrace the suck to try to use the bible to rationalize your bad behavior.

Just like the misogynists who burned "witches" and racists who whipped slaves, because the bible told them so.

What you guys are really mourning is that when you behave badly, and hold up the bible, good hearted people are saying, "Not a good enough reason". As they should.

Jesus would not treat gays the way fundamentalist Christians do

If you don't agree fine, but if that's the case we're not inclined to argue the point with you beause we certainly don't want to ram our religion down anyone's throat." Even if Christians do in fact like ramming their religion down people's throats, it would have won the debate outright by limiting the frame of reference.

Yes.

GQ interview = Inquisition times.

A guy shot his mouth off and was held accountable

The end of freedom as we know it

Yes he was held accountable. He's now a champion of Christians all over the country. He is likely very happy happy happy to be held accountable.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi

Aw, more name-calling from Joe.

How am I a bigot, precisely?

And you still haven't figured out my point? Really?

I have figured out your point.

It's just an incredibly stupid one.

Just because you have the "freedom" to do a thing doesn't mean you should do a thing.

Are you going to answer my question, Joe?

How am I a bigot?

And I agree, just because you have the "freedom" to do a thing doesn't mean you should do a thing, such as using threats and intimidation to stop people from exercising their freedom of expression.

So, how am I a bigot, Joe?

If you don't agree fine, but if that's the case we're not inclined to argue the point with you beause we certainly don't want to ram our religion down anyone's throat." Even if Christians do in fact like ramming their religion down people's throats, it would have won the debate outright by limiting the frame of reference.

Yes.

GQ interview = Inquisition times.

During the inquisition, people were tortured, killed, imprisoned, had all their belongings confiscated by the church.

Robertson said something stupid on a interview he agreed to do and they told him they can't put him on TV until he figures out what he said wrong.

Sorry, just not seeing them being anywhere near the same.

Tell you what, go to work tomorrow and call your gay co-worker a name. See if they are as understanding with you as they've been with old Phil.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi

Yo mahatma ...Christ is God...Christians are humans...there is a difference,yo....

Forum List

Back