Anti-gun Senator shoots intruder....with a GUN!!!

...reveals all you need to know.

R.C. Soles is well known for being against gun ownership. He's a hypocrite....just like most liberals are.

Read the first page of links on the Google search result for "R.C. Soles gun"

R.C. Soles gun - Google Search

I realize you'll do anything and everything to save face here, but you might as well admit it...you're wrong...again!!!
From the third result on your search:
2008 Based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionnaire sent to all candidates in 2008, the National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund assigned Senator Soles a grade of A (with grades ranging from a high of A+ to a low of F).
Asshole.

Now, let's sit back and watch the replies from people who don't read any further than the OP and then comment on this horrible 'anti-gun' Congressman.

i think it's more horrible that he's apparently a child molester.

Man Alleges Sexual Assault By Soles

Jay said there were many other sexual encounters with Soles over a period of approximately six months. He said the relationship ended when he left town to stay with other relatives. He did not tell his parents about his encounters with Soles. Jay returned to Tabor City when he was 18 years old, saying it was his impression that Soles preferred relationships with minor teens and he no longer had to fear him. Jay no longer lives in Tabor City.

WWAY-TV in Wilmington has reported that, over a period of years, the Tabor City 911 dispatcher has received numerous calls regarding violent encounters between Soles and young men, either at his law office or his home.

Soles placed some of the calls, sometimes bypassing the 911 system altogether and calling the mobile phones of Tabor City police officers. The News & Observer of Raleigh reported in October that during one two-week period in 2008, police went to Soles’ home seven times.

Credible allegations

Wilmington psychologist Dr. S. Michael Plaut, who was on the faculty at the School of Psychiatry at the University of Maryland for 35 years, and who is past president of the Society of Sex Therapy and Research, is an expert on professional-client boundaries and sexual exploitation.

Plaut reviewed CJ’s videotaped interview with Jay and said he also has reviewed a videotaped interview Jay did with WWAY, which had yet to be aired at press time.

“To me it sounded very credible,” Plaut told CJ at his office Oct. 24. “It is very unfortunate what allegedly happened to him. But what he says is consistent with what I have heard in other cases of a similar nature which I have been involved in over the last 25 years or so.”
Yep...now that's some nasty stuff.

Then again, if people will lie about his gun record maybe they'll lie about this as well.

:confused:

Umm you might want to ignore blogs.

2008 Based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionnaire sent to all candidates in 2008, the National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund assigned Senator Soles a grade of A (with grades ranging from a high of A+ to a low of F).

Project Vote Smart - Senator Robert Charles 'R.C.' Soles, Jr. - Interest Group Ratings

The NRA gave him an A but he is anti gun?

I call BS El Grande.

Last edited:
...reveals all you need to know.

R.C. Soles is well known for being against gun ownership. He's a hypocrite....just like most liberals are.

Read the first page of links on the Google search result for "R.C. Soles gun"

R.C. Soles gun - Google Search

I realize you'll do anything and everything to save face here, but you might as well admit it...you're wrong...again!!!

Maybe you should actually read some of the results instead of just scanning the far-right bloggers.

From your own Google Search, I found that the NRA gave R. C. Soles an A rating from Project Vote Smart. Every other result is just a post of the same letter as in the OP.

Now, let's sit back and watch the replies from people who don't read any further than the OP and then comment on this horrible 'anti-gun' Congressman.

after he was indicted for the shooting and people started coming out of the woodwork to accuse him of rape of a child, he decided not to run for reelection.

he sounds like a peach to me regardless of his stance (wide, undoubtedly) on gun control.

Sen. R.C. Soles won't seek re-election - CharlotteObserver.com

Umm you might want to ignore blogs.

Project Vote Smart - Senator Robert Charles 'R.C.' Soles, Jr. - Interest Group Ratings

I was just going to post that...im reading now and I will see if I find something that looks anti gun.

after he was indicted for the shooting and people started coming out of the woodwork to accuse him of rape of a child, he decided not to run for reelection.

he sounds like a peach to me regardless of his stance (wide, undoubtedly) on gun control.

Well that sometimes happens to people the NRA give an A rating on gun issues.

74-year-old N.C. state senator shoots, wounds intruder at his home | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside TaborCity, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.
Typical liberal hypocrisy.

"typical hypocritical liberal fashion"? I just lurve that liberal bias in the MSM. :lol:

That said, when you campaign against something, whether it's gays, guns or sex, you'd better not be gay, have a gun or cheat on your wife.

....is similar to Congress forcing us all into a health care plan...but not joining us. They have their own better plan. The ruling elite is not to be bound by the restraints put on the common folk.

I realize it's hard for you gun control freaks to see the irony of this hypocrisy, but I plainly do.

indeed it does.

i believe you said you own guns.....

I found it difficult to believe that the Richmond Times Dispatch would have peppered a news story with such blatant political spin. thanks to all who helped clear up this egregious mistake.

....is similar to Congress forcing us all into a health care plan...but not joining us. They have their own better plan. The ruling elite is not to be bound by the restraints put on the common folk.

I realize it's hard for you gun control freaks to see the irony of this hypocrisy, but I plainly do.

The NRA gave the guy an A rating on gun issues.
Read some previous posts.

indeed it does.

i believe you said you own guns.....

Yep but proudly not an NRA member.
Your point?

Are you retarded? You've been shown that he has an A rating by the NRA, the man is not anti-gun.

Forum List

Back