Lefty reporter glad he had a gun when intruder invaded his D.C. home.....

I don't think that's exactly correct. Sometimes it is, no doubt, but there are a lot of scenarios where the bad guy gets close and you couldn't avoid it. Also, the moral dilemma a person has to go through before shooting someone --- no.. nevermind, in that case they're probably an idiot. We should be practicing not just the physical part of our self-defense but also the moral, ethical, and emotional questions. Those all need to be so fully rehearsed and practiced that we're able to work through them in the split second we may have in a situation where we're attacked or threatened with attack - so ignore my though about the moral part but, still, there are scenarios where someone might get close and you couldn't prevent it.
There are. You could get jumped from behind, or surprised, but for the most part, pay attention to your surroundings. If you feel a threat, be prepared to act, because the cops aren't coming to save you and the people around you will stand there and watch...

There are. You could get jumped from behind, or surprised, but for the most part, pay attention to your surroundings. If you feel a threat, be prepared to act, because the cops aren't coming to save you and the people around you will stand there and watch...
Someone, I don't remember who or where but on some social media where I discuss 2nd Amendment topics, said that they never, ever, let anyone get within 21 feet of them. They lied, of course, because that's virtually impossible in the United States, so if the bad guy doesn't show that he's a bad guy until he's within attacking range then anyone can be taken by surprise.

Forum List

Back