Anti-gun Senator shoots intruder....with a GUN!!!

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
74-year-old N.C. state senator shoots, wounds intruder at his home | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside TaborCity, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.
Typical liberal hypocrisy.

Well Hells Bells. Funny how that nasty gun came in real handy. Wonder if the dude is having any second thoughts on his anti gun stance??

The explanation probably goes something like, I'm more against thieves than guns. Possibly he would just prefer government steal his guns than actual crooks?

74-year-old N.C. state senator shoots, wounds intruder at his home | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside TaborCity, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

Why is it that the long quote you put down is NOT from the link you put above it. Where is that long quote from? And why did you try to deceive us?

Anti-Gun lawmaker owning guns and then using one to defend his property and person. Oh the irony :eusa_whistle:

Why is it that the long quote you put down is NOT from the link you put above it. Where is that long quote from? And why did you try to deceive us?
Because, as you can see from some of the responses, people will believe him.

This Senator sounds a little strange, but I'm going to guess that this statement: who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, means he was for a waiting period for background checks.

Wingnuts are notorious liars.

Your link doesn't match what you've posted.
The following may explain why. It is a comment posted under the article after the article was edited to exclude the reference to the senator's anti-gun stance. Likely, the editing was done by another liberal to save face for the anti-gun crowd....DUH....Whaddayathink?

Posted by Dr.T on October 05, 2009 at 6:13 pm

Unfortunately the article as it appears has deleted much of the relevant information. The shooter is a democrat legislator who voted for years against gun ownership by individuals. This is the story - Yet another example of a democrat who wants to tell YOU what you can do, but does not restrict his/her own life to the same limitations and rules.

The man is a complete hypocrite, but in my view, he fits in as the perfect democrat legislator—don’t live the way you want others to live - why? Because you are special (if you’re an elected democrat official).

So why did someone remove the underlying double standard that is the real news in this report.

I’m not surprised, more liberal bias.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yeah, what exactly is his anti gun stance. I am for background checks, felons not having guns, insane not having guns, etc.
I do however have several of them.

The following may explain why. It is a comment posted under the article after the article was edited to exclude the reference to the senator's anti-gun stance. Likely, the editing was done by another liberal to save face for the anti-gun crowd....DUH....Whaddayathink?

Unfortunately the article as it appears has deleted much of the relevant information. The shooter is a democrat legislator who voted for years against gun ownership by individuals. This is the story - Yet another example of a democrat who wants to tell YOU what you can do, but does not restrict his/her own life to the same limitations and rules.

The man is a complete hypocrite, but in my view, he fits in as the perfect democrat legislator—don’t live the way you want others to live - why? Because you are special (if you’re an elected democrat official).

So why did someone remove the underlying double standard that is the real news in this report.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Okay, you go find a credible source that proves he was against gun ownership for the general public and I'll stop thinking that you're a liar.

his bill introduced. Did not see an anti gun one in there.

Full-Site Search:

Home House Senate NCGA Audio Calendars Committees Legislation/Bills Representation Citizen Guide

printable version
Senator R. C. Soles, Jr. (Dem)
Permanent Democratic Caucus Chair
Introduced Bills, 2009-2010 Session

Biography Introduced Bills Votes Committees Member Reports
Total Bills: 46
Member is Primary Sponsor of bills in bold
Click here to view bills where Senator R. C. Soles, Jr. is the Primary Sponsor
Bill Short Title Action Date Action Text
S6 ABC Rules/Private Clubs. H 06/02/2009 Re-ref Com On Commerce, Small Business, and Entrepreneurship
S15 Session Limits. H 02/24/2009 Ref to the Com on State Government/State Personnel, if favorable, Appropriations
S51 Special License Plate for "Old Baldy". S 02/04/2009 Ref To Com On Finance
S52 Various Localities Energy Dev. Incentives R 06/11/2009 Ch. SL 2009-95
S53 (= H968) Extend Burgaw ETJ. R 07/29/2009 Ch. SL 2009-371
S54 Municipal Drainage Service Districts. S 02/04/2009 Ref To Com On Finance
S55 Ingram Planetarium Funds. S 02/04/2009 Ref To Com On Appropriations/Base Budget
S56 District Court District 13 Residency. R 07/24/2009 Ch. SL 2009-341
S62 (= H265) Burgaw/Official State Blueberry Festival. S 02/05/2009 Ref To Com On Rules and Operations of the Senate
S66 (= H149) Require Arts Educ. Credit for Graduation. H 04/16/2009 Ref to the Com on Education, if favorable, Appropriations
S90 Utilities Commission Confirmation. R 03/11/2009 Ch. Res 2009-6
S125 Housing Trust Fund Appropriation. S 02/12/2009 Ref To Com On Appropriations/Base Budget
S146 (= H114) Honor Roger Bone. R 03/09/2009 Ch. Res 2009-5
S162 NAACP's 100th Anniversary. R 02/16/2009 Ch. Res 2009-1
S182 Honor Bob Scott. S 07/14/2009 Re-ref Com On Rules and Operations of the Senate
S239 (= H372) Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Credit. S 02/19/2009 Ref To Com On Finance
S242 (= H425) TANF Block Grant Funds/Boys & Girls Club. S 02/23/2009 Ref To Com On Appropriations/Base Budget
S259 Interscholastic Sports Open to All Students. S 02/23/2009 Ref To Com On Education/Higher Education
S262 Expunctions/Purge Online Databases. R 08/26/2009 Ch. SL 2009-510
S284 8th Senatorial District Local Act. S 02/25/2009 Ref To Com On Rules and Operations of the Senate
S315 (= H347) Southport Annexation Agreement. H 06/17/2009 Re-ref Com On Rules, Calendar, and Operations of the House
S350 (= H343) Honor Chief Roscoe Jacobs, Sr. S 03/02/2009 Ref To Com On Rules and Operations of the Senate
S371 Honor Richard John Matthews. S 03/04/2009 Ref To Com On Rules and Operations of the Senate
S376 Honor Jim Long. R 05/26/2009 Ch. Res 2009-16
S383 (= H319) Water and Sewer Infrastructure/Funds. S 03/04/2009 Ref To Com On Appropriations/Base Budget
S428 (= H426) Stay on Homeowners Insurance Actions. S 03/05/2009 Ref To Com On Commerce
S436 (= H591) Special Plate for the Town of Oak Island. S 03/09/2009 Ref To Com On Finance
S452 (= H448) Make Overgrown Vegetation Law Statewide. R 04/30/2009 Ch. SL 2009-19
S460 (= H460) Commercial Dog Breeder Regulation. H 08/06/2009 Re-ref Com On Finance
S574 (= H1012) Make Better Use of Economic Incentives. S 03/12/2009 Ref To Com On Finance
S595 Advanced Directives on Drivers License. H 06/04/2009 Re-ref Com On Judiciary I
S668 Amend Banking Laws. R 05/20/2009 Ch. SL 2009-28
S669 Banking Commission Appeals. R 06/05/2009 Ch. SL 2009-57
S770 (= H845) Funds/Increase Aid to Public Libraries Fund. S 03/24/2009 Ref To Com On Appropriations/Base Budget
S778 Eliminate Overlap Between CAMA and SEPA. H 05/11/2009 Ref to the Com on Environment and Natural Resources, if favorable, Judiciary I
S781 Workers' Comp/Choice of Physician. S 03/25/2009 Ref To Com On Commerce
S832 CRC May Permit Terminal Groin. H 05/05/2009 Ref to the Com on Environment and Natural Resources, if favorable, State Government/State Personnel, if favorable, Rules, Calendar, and Operations of the House
S898 (= H829) Development Tier Exception Modification. R 08/26/2009 Ch. SL 2009-524
S970 Fund Regional Economic Recovery Alliances. S 03/26/2009 Ref To Com On Appropriations/Base Budget
S982 (= H814) Small Business Assistance Fund. H 08/07/2009 Conf Com Appointed
S1069 (= H1038) Joining Our Business and Schools Commission. R 07/24/2009 Ch. SL 2009-339
S1094 Honor Watha's 100th Anniversary. H 07/01/2009 Ref To Com On Rules, Calendar, and Operations of the House
S1095 Honor John Hope Franklin. S 04/02/2009 Ref To Com On Rules and Operations of the Senate
S1098 (= H909) Honor Wade Edward Brown. R 05/04/2009 Ch. Res 2009-13
S1101 Utilities Commission Confirmation. R 06/22/2009 Ch. Res 2009-22
S1106 Honor Vernon Malone. R 07/13/2009 Ch. Res 2009-26

North Carolina General Assembly - Bills Introduced by R. C. Soles, Jr. (2009-2010 Session)

He is from North Carolina and a democrat? I am calling bull shit on him being anti gun, no way he would have got elected if he wanted to ban guns. I see him being for backround checks and maybe against assault rifles, but I think who ever wrote the story didn't do their research.

Okay, you go find a credible source that proves he was against gun ownership for the general public and I'll stop thinking that you're a liar.

This is just more "Gun Control" = "They're coming to take our guns!" rhetoric.

And the OP - it's a letter to a congressman, that somehow got picked up by every gun blog in the country, all claiming it as a article. From this site.

...reveals all you need to know.

R.C. Soles is well known for being against gun ownership. He's a hypocrite....just like most liberals are.

Read the first page of links on the Google search result for "R.C. Soles gun"

R.C. Soles gun - Google Search

I realize you'll do anything and everything to save face here, but you might as well admit it...you're wrong...again!!!

Now, let's sit back and watch the replies from people who don't read any further than the OP and then comment on this horrible 'anti-gun' Congressman.

i think it's more horrible that he's apparently a child molester.

Man Alleges Sexual Assault By Soles

Jay said there were many other sexual encounters with Soles over a period of approximately six months. He said the relationship ended when he left town to stay with other relatives. He did not tell his parents about his encounters with Soles. Jay returned to Tabor City when he was 18 years old, saying it was his impression that Soles preferred relationships with minor teens and he no longer had to fear him. Jay no longer lives in Tabor City.

WWAY-TV in Wilmington has reported that, over a period of years, the Tabor City 911 dispatcher has received numerous calls regarding violent encounters between Soles and young men, either at his law office or his home.

Soles placed some of the calls, sometimes bypassing the 911 system altogether and calling the mobile phones of Tabor City police officers. The News & Observer of Raleigh reported in October that during one two-week period in 2008, police went to Soles’ home seven times.

Credible allegations

Wilmington psychologist Dr. S. Michael Plaut, who was on the faculty at the School of Psychiatry at the University of Maryland for 35 years, and who is past president of the Society of Sex Therapy and Research, is an expert on professional-client boundaries and sexual exploitation.

Plaut reviewed CJ’s videotaped interview with Jay and said he also has reviewed a videotaped interview Jay did with WWAY, which had yet to be aired at press time.

“To me it sounded very credible,” Plaut told CJ at his office Oct. 24. “It is very unfortunate what allegedly happened to him. But what he says is consistent with what I have heard in other cases of a similar nature which I have been involved in over the last 25 years or so.”

Forum List

Back