Zone1 Another suggestion to improve the forum….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which 3 mods are those?...lol

1659578566393.png

The only response I'm willing to give is...

Peach Fuzz

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I don't think the mods should post at all. That is their punishment...lolol
Some of our mods post some of the best posts because they have the spirit of community service. The mods are just part of this website's charm.

The other charm is learning how to take what seems like unfair criticism by considering it as sluffing water off a duck's back.

You only judge that we BOTH are equally guilty of similar bad behavior and equal “instigators” due to your bias. That right there shows the problem.

Now I am done until other mods weigh in on this problematic situation in which mods take a firm stance in a debate and ALSO choose which posters to delete.

Have a good evening, hon.
USMB has changed...a LOT in recent days. Mods seem hyper-active.

Maybe they've decided to "thin" the board's ranks of all posters they don't like.

Driving out anyone the mods feel is an "instigator" or too pushy, or too uppity, or too snarky, or too humorous, or who dares to think for themselves, or who would like to add a bit of life to a thread that is dragging along on life support, or a poster that a particular mod has come to dislike, or ...

Of course, such changes could be seen as positive, I suppose.

I'm amazed that Lisa558 would be considered an "instigator" by anyone. Her threads and posts always seem well thought out, and beautifully written. But some folks may be intimidated by her topics and her logic.

Maybe they've decided to "thin" the board's ranks of all posters they don't like.

Driving out anyone the mods feel is an "instigator" or too pushy, or too uppity, or too snarky, or too humorous, or who dares to think for themselves, or who would like to add a bit of life to a thread that is dragging along on life support, or a poster that a particular mod has come to dislike, or ...

I'm amazed that Lisa558 would be considered an "instigator" by anyone. Her threads and posts always seem well thought out, and beautifully written. But some folks may be intimidated by her topics and her logic.
Thank you so much.

If USMB has indeed decided to try to drive out posters who add well-articulated posts they don’t like - perhaps because they bring up logical and factual points that is in opposition to a mod’s personal political stance - by looking upon them as instigators or snarky or whatever, then that is also a form of “silencing” that conservatives have come to know.

Lisa gets bullied relentlessly by a hateful black antisemite(in zonë 1) and so the moderator wades in to JOIN the bullying.

That ain't right.

We are allowed to have our opinions hon’ and support who we want in any debate. Again. If there is a post you feel was unfairly moderated, pm a mod. Other than that, I have noticed you are as much an instigator of fights in Zone 1 as the OP you are complaining about. BOTH OF YOU have had posts moderated in threads in Race. Only YOU complain about it and start threads about it like this one. Why is that?
LOL you are the most biased mod of all you routinely make up claims against posters and then act on them. Your favorite claim is that some one is trolling when in fact generally speaking it is you trolling,

Again, if you feel you are being “bullied”, contact a mod of your choice and complain. Just as a note, taking an opposing stance is not “bullying” nor is supporting another member’s views.

Lisa gets bullied relentlessly by a hateful black antisemite(in zonë 1) and so the moderator wades in to JOIN the bullying.

That ain't right.
I don’t think Newsvine is a “hateful black antisemite”. Her posts are usually well thought out, sourced and interesting.

Again, if you feel you are being “bullied”, contact a mod of your choice and complain. Just as a note, taking an opposing stance is not “bullying” nor is supporting another member’s views.
You’ve done more than that, but you made this thread personal. My OP named no mod in particular, and simply made the point that there is a conflict of interest when a mod enters a thread with a very ironclad bias, argues that point, and is then free to delete posts.

Even KNOWING that a mod, acting as a participant, has a right to delete posts creates a power imbalance and tends to keep the “regular” member in check with the mod is more free to say whatever she wants.

I don’t think Newsvine is a “hateful black antisemite”. Her posts are usually well thought out, sourced and interesting.
That’s an example of your bias. She has called me “evil,” a “racist,” and more when I disagree with her position.

Also, I wasn’t sure what hateful Black antisemite he was referring to. There are others.

You’ve done more than that, but you made this thread personal. My OP named no mod in particular, and simply made the point that there is a conflict of interest when a mod enters a thread with a very ironclad bias, argues that point, and is then free to delete posts.

Even KNOWING that a mod, acting as a participant, has a right to delete posts creates a power imbalance and tends to keep the “regular” member in check with the mod is more free to say whatever she wants.
Lisa. Stop with the pretenses and protestations of innocence, you are not fooling anyone.

If you have a moderator issue, contact a Sr Mod or any other mod instead of starting a disingenuous thread about it.

Lisa. Stop with the pretenses and protestations of innocence, you are not fooling anyone.

If you have a moderator issue, contact a Sr Mod or any other mod instead of starting a disingenuous thread about it.
You turned this thread into a personal attack against me. My original post was about the conflict of interest when a mod with a bone to pick enters a thread as participant, has a very strong bias, and then also has the right to delete posts.

The mod doesn’t actually have to even actually delete posts. Even knowing she can creates a power imbalance and is not conducive to a fair debate.

You turned this thread into a personal attack against me. My original post was about the conflict of interest when a mod with a bone to pick enters a thread as participant, has a very strong bias, and then also has the right to delete posts.

The mod doesn’t actually have to even actually delete posts. Even knowing she can creates a power imbalance and is not conducive to a fair debate.
I have made the same suggestion at least twice in the past, and the thing is - it is such an OBVIOUS step most forums take to try to limit the abuse of power that is shouldn't even be questioned.

Here, they won't even consider it.

I have made the same suggestion at least twice in the past, and the thing it - it is such an OBVIOUS step most forums take to try to limit the abuse of power.

Here, they won't.
I can’t figure out what’s going on. No other mod is even willing to touch this.

If you have a moderator issue, contact a Sr Mod or any other mod.

When you repeatedly make it about a mod with a “very strong” “iron clad” bias (YOUR words) YOU are making it personal, and starting a thread on it while pretending it’s not and protesting innocence is disengenius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back