Zone1 Another suggestion to improve the forum….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
You know me….always looking for ways to make the forums more “fair and balanced”!

I suggest that if a moderator enters a thread in which the OP states or implies a position, and starts supporting the OP’s position - and defending the OP from dissenters - that mod should not be able to ALSO act as a moderator, deleting posts as she sees fit.

I don’t think I have to explain the problem when a mod takes an active position in a debate, as a participant, and also retains her ability to delete posts. The ability to objectively mediate the thread, due to bias, is compromised.

Just a suggestion.

You know me….always looking for ways to make the forums more “fair and balanced”!

I suggest that if a moderator enters a thread in which the OP states or implies a position, and starts supporting the OP’s position - and defending the OP from dissenters - that mod should not be able to ALSO act as a moderator, deleting posts as she sees fit.

I don’t think I have to explain the problem when a mod takes an active position in a debate, as a participant, and also retains her ability to delete posts. The ability to objectively mediate the thread, due to bias, is compromised.

Just a suggestion.
That's ridiculous! The best thing to do would be to make them all wear shock collars. And then, well, you know!

Just a suggestion.
I said exactly the same thing a couple weeks ago. IMHO I don't think mods should enter heated threads other than to say "Ok boys and girls, take it down a notch".

1659570336308.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

Just a suggestion.
I don't think the mods should post at all. That is their punishment...lolol

I’ve been on here a few years and I haven’t noticed much Mod interference. Am I missing something?

Just a suggestion.
It sounds like you are upset at not having an unmoderated of soapbox upon which to snark at others Without any reciprocity. ALL of us Mods end up moderating threads we participate in. If you think a post was unfairly moderated, you know what to do. Don’t start threads pretending it’s to “improve” the forum when it is really because you don’t like a particular mod. PM a mod, of your choice, and ask why a post was moderated. It’s as easy as that.

It sounds like you are upset at not having an unmoderated of soapbox upon which to snark at others Without any reciprocity. ALL of us Mods end up moderating threads we participate in. If you think a post was unfairly moderated, you know what to do. Don’t start threads pretending it’s to “improve” the forum when it is really because you don’t like a particular mod. PM a mod, of your choice, and ask why a post was moderated. It’s as easy as that.
You’re the one with the snark. Look at how you just attacked me, accusing me of being snarky. Look at how you enter threads with sarcasm and accusations against members you personally hate.

You’re the one with the snark. Look at how you just attacked me, accusing me of being snarky. Look at how you enter threads with sarcasm and accusations against members you personally hate.
:rolleyes:

Advice still stands. PM a mod if you are upset at moderation. Don’t start a thread about it.

Oh. And review your OP before making accusations.

:rolleyes:

Advice still stands. PM a mod if you are upset at moderation. Don’t start a thread about it.
It’s not one particular post. It’s the entire process by which a mod can enter a thread as a participant, express support for posters on one side of a debate and “disapproval” for those on the dissenting side, and then also have a right to delete posts how she or he sees fit.

This is particularly problematic in Zone 1 threads.

It’s not one particular post. It’s the entire process by which a mod can enter a thread as a participant, express support for posters on one side of a debate and “disapproval” for those on the dissenting side, and then also have a right to delete posts how she or he sees fit.

You ain’t going to like me but all Mods do this and it is part of them being human.

As the moderator suggested you should PM another moderator ( actually three and here is my suggestion and it is Meister, Taz and Aye ) and ask them for a review and plea your case.

Now I am telling you this I ain’t their friend or their kiss ass stooge and they will tell you quickly I love to make them angry as can be, but I do know for a fact you are going about this all wrong!

Now you can blow off my suggestion and hang yourself or you can go into PM and believe me this thread is under review…

We are allowed to have our opinions hon’ and support who we want in any debate. Again. If there is a post you feel was unfairly moderated, pm a mod. Other than that, I have noticed you are as much an instigator of fights in Zone 1 as the OP you are complaining about. BOTH OF YOU have had posts moderated in threads in Race. Only YOU complain about it and start threads about it like this one. Why is that?

We are allowed to have our opinions hon’ and support who we want in any debate. Again. If there is a post you feel was unfairly moderated, pm a mod. Other than that, I have noticed you are as much an instigator of fights in Zone 1 as the OP you are complaining about. BOTH OF YOU have had posts moderated in threads in Race. Only YOU complain about it and start threads about it like this one. Why is that?
You only judge that we BOTH are equally guilty of similar bad behavior and equal “instigators” due to your bias. That right there shows the problem.

Now I am done until other mods weigh in on this problematic situation in which mods take a firm stance in a debate and ALSO choose which posters to delete.

Have a good evening, hon.

I agree with the OP.

If a mod is engaged in a thread...they shouldn't be moderating that thread.

It's an obvious conflict of interest.
Thank you. I’m not saying that mods can’t enter threads and express their opinions - just that they should no longer moderate that thread. There is going to be a very human tendency to be more lenient on posters who are arguing the same position as the mod as opposed to those dissenting.

I think my suggestion is worth considering. IMHO of course,

I agree. It is impossible for a mod to start arguing with posters, and then retain objectivity in deciding which posts to delete.
I was only kidding......

Honestly. I've never had a problem with the mods. It is the Hall Monitors I'd like to put a fist in their faces

Mods even say they can't read a fraction and depend on these vermin low lifes

So now I'm a Junior Hall Monitor in training so I can feel the power of being a rat bestid fink

Last edited:
I agree with the OP.

If a mod is engaged in a thread...they shouldn't be moderating that thread.

It's an obvious conflict of interest.
It is an obviously good suggestion for those interested in professionalism.

For those only looking for control, however..........

I was only kidding......

Honestly. I've never had a problem with the mods. It is the Hall Monitors I'd like to put a fist in their faces

Mods even say they can't read a fraction and depend on these vermin low lifes

So now I'm a Juniot Hall Monitor in training so I can feel the power of being a rat bestid fink
09727764-AEA6-462C-8C52-785C2B933B1B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back