CDZ Another Question for Gun Owners

I'm worried guys. Last night I was cleaning some of my guns and heard one of the AR15s telling another that he was considering killing someone...........

LOL stupid anti gun people,

Hey speeders speed, so we should ban all cars capable of speeding.
I think that you are very lucky to have your AR-15s. Think of how many times they have saved your life at the rifle range! Those murderous paper bull's eyes don't stand a chance!

Considering how great a rifle it is...it is surprising there aren't more of them in more homes.....you know who would love to have AR-15s........the people of Mexico...especially the ones being murdered by their own police and military who are allies and minions of the drug cartels........they are murdering unarmed Mexicans in the thousands every year...

I bet they would love to have those rifles......

"...especially the ones being murdered by their own police..."

So it's like here then for some folks, hmmmmmmm. We better get black americans AR-15ed up.

Blacks are one of the biggest groups of new gun owners..including rifles........

Great. And thanks for the data instead of the usual broad brush statements everyone is supposed to just accept.

Hope they're not in Chicago, I know how you guys get all jacked up anytime someone say or posts "but Chicago!".

I don't make broad brush statements.....I give statistics........you should read all of my posts....just to keep up...

Who do you think should be allowed to own firearms and what type firearms are your followers allowed to have?

people who are criminals, crazies, abusers and on the terrorist watch list shouldn't have guns.

it's not complicated.

followers? that seems to be deluded thinking.

So are you saying anyone that is not a criminal, crazy, abuser or terrorist should be allowed to own firearms?
What kind of firearms should they be allowed to own?

And, I only mentioned "your followers" because that is about all the authority you have to make any of it so.

so only NRA shills should have opinions?

as for power...I have the same power as every other voter. and I'm certainly entitled to my opinions which are far more well-thought out than NRA shills'

There is no thought to your opinions.....we show you over and over that you are wrong...with actual research, facts and reality...and you deny it........you suffer from an undiagnosed mental disorder that focuses on guns.......you should get help.

That's the thing about america nowdays, everyone has their own truth, so there is no truth. And you're not interested in it anyway. You like your's better.

As for gun violence "research":

How The NRA Killed Federal Funding For Gun Violence Research

Congress and the NRA Suppressed Research on Gun Violence

CDC Gun Violence Research Blocked by Congress Again

http://www.apa.org/science/about/psa/2013/02/gun-violence.aspx

Republicans block bill that would fund gun violence research

Research is the last thing the power structure and the gun lobby wants.

You realize that all of those links are lying to you....right.......

Can you explain how the gun research was stopped....if they studied guns in 2015...?

The Deleware study of 2015...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/25/us/cdc-gun-violence-wilmington.html?_r=0

When epidemiologists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention came to this city, they were not here to track an outbreak of meningitis or study the effectiveness of a particular vaccine.

They were here to examine gun violence.

This city of about 70,000 had a 45 percent jump in shootings from 2011 to 2013, and the violence has remained stubbornly high; 25 shooting deaths have been reported this year, slightly more than last year, according to the mayor’s office
.-------

The final report, which has been submitted to the state, reached a conclusion that many here said they already knew: that there are certain patterns in the lives of many who commit gun violence.

“The majority of individuals involved in urban firearm violence are young men with substantial violence involvement preceding the more serious offense of a firearm crime,” the report said. “Our findings suggest that integrating data systems could help these individuals better receive the early, comprehensive help that they need to prevent violence involvement.”

Researchers analyzed data on 569 people charged with firearm crimes from 2009 to May 21, 2014, and looked for certain risk factors in their lives, such as whether they had been unemployed, had received help from assistance programs, had been possible victims of child abuse, or had been shot or stabbed. The idea was to show that linking such data could create a better understanding of who might need help before becoming involved in violence.

------------------
Why Congress stopped gun control activism at the CDC

I was one of three medical doctors who testified before the House’s Labor, Health, Human Services, and Education Appropriations Subcommittee on March 6, 1996 about the CDC’s misdeeds. (Note: This testimony and related events are described in my three-part documented historical series). Here is what we showed the committee:

• Dr. Arthur Kellermann’s1993 New England Journal of Medicine article that launched his career as a rock star gun control advocate and gave rise to the much-repeated “three times” fallacy. His research was supported by two CDC grants.
Kellermann and his colleagues used the case control method, traditionally an epidemiology research tool, to claim that having a gun in the home triples the risk of becoming a homicide victim. In the article Kellermann admitted that “a majority of the homicides (50.9 percent) occurred in the context of a quarrel or a romantic triangle.” Still another 30 percent “were related to drug dealing” or “occurred during the commission of another felony, such as a robbery, rape, or burglary.”

In summary, the CDC funded a flawed study of crime-prone inner city residents who had been murdered in their homes. The authors then tried to equate this wildly unrepresentative group with typical American gun owners. The committee members were not amused.

• The Winter 1993 CDC official publication, Public Health Policy for Preventing Violence, coauthored by CDC official Dr. Mark Rosenberg. This taxpayer-funded gun control polemic offered two strategies for preventing firearm injuries—“restrictive licensing (for example, only police, military, guards, and so on)” and “prohibit gun ownership.”
  • The brazen public comments of top CDC officials, made at a time when gun prohibitionists were much more candid about their political goals.
We’re going to systematically build a case that owning firearms causes deaths. We’re doing the most we can do, given the political realities.” (P.W. O’Carroll, Acting Section Head of Division of Injury Control, CDC, quoted in Marsha F. Goldsmith, “Epidemiologists Aim at New Target: Health Risk of Handgun Proliferation,” Journal of the American Medical Association vol. 261 no. 5, February 3, 1989, pp. 675-76.) Dr. O’Carroll later said he had been misquoted.

But his successor Dr. Mark Rosenberg was quoted in the Washington Post as wanting his agency to create a public perception of firearms as “dirty, deadly—and banned.” (William Raspberry, “Sick People With Guns,” Washington Post, October 19, 1994.

• CDC Grant #R49/CCR903697-06 to the Trauma Foundation, a San Francisco gun control advocacy group, supporting a newsletter that frankly advocated gun control.

Who do you think should be allowed to own firearms and what type firearms are your followers allowed to have?

people who are criminals, crazies, abusers and on the terrorist watch list shouldn't have guns.

it's not complicated.

So are you saying anyone that is not a criminal, crazy, abuser or terrorist should be allowed to own firearms?
What kind of firearms should they be allowed to own?

And, I only mentioned "your followers" because that is about all the authority you have to make any of it so.

so only NRA shills should have opinions?

as for power...I have the same power as every other voter. and I'm certainly entitled to my opinions which are far more well-thought out than NRA shills'

There is no thought to your opinions.....we show you over and over that you are wrong...with actual research, facts and reality...and you deny it........you suffer from an undiagnosed mental disorder that focuses on guns.......you should get help.

That's the thing about america nowdays, everyone has their own truth, so there is no truth. And you're not interested in it anyway. You like your's better.

As for gun violence "research":

How The NRA Killed Federal Funding For Gun Violence Research

Congress and the NRA Suppressed Research on Gun Violence

CDC Gun Violence Research Blocked by Congress Again

http://www.apa.org/science/about/psa/2013/02/gun-violence.aspx

Republicans block bill that would fund gun violence research

Research is the last thing the power structure and the gun lobby wants.

How did the CDC do this gun research.....?

This is some gun research from the CEC in 2006....

Violence-Related Firearm Deaths Among Residents of Metropolitan Areas and Cities --- United States, 2006--2007

And this one....

Source of Firearms Used by Students in School-Associated Violent Deaths --- United States, 1992--1999

And this one....

http://www.thecommunityguide.org/violence/viol-AJPM-evrev-firearms-law.pdf

And this one....

Surveillance for Fatal and Nonfatal Firearm-Related Injuries --- United States, 1993--1998

And this one....

Firearm Homicides and Suicides in Major Metropolitan Areas — United States, 2006–2007 and 2009–2010

And this one...

Indoor Firing Ranges and Elevated Blood Lead Levels — United States, 2002–2013

And this one....

Rates of Homicide, Suicide, and Firearm-Related Death Among Children -- 26 Industrialized Countries

Guns to kill people. People with bad values from toxic cultures kill people.

On the other hand, law-abiding gun-owners know how to peacefully co-exist.

Last week’s Republican convention proved that the Second Amendment works. A major push to limit gun rights failed, and citizens carried arms openly in Cleveland outside the convention — including at protests — with no problems....

Woopsies, gunplay didn't disrupt Republican convention: Column

Every gun owner in America was once law abiding, including the mass murderers, serial killers, druggies. and gangsters.Personally, if I owned a gun shop and a guy comes in and wants a 100 round magazine, I would report him to the FBI whether he passed the background check or not.

Last week’s Republican convention proved that the Second Amendment works. A major push to limit gun rights failed, and citizens carried arms openly in Cleveland outside the convention — including at protests — with no problems....

Every gun owner in America was once law abiding, including the mass murderers, serial killers, druggies. and gangsters.Personally, if I owned a gun shop and a guy comes in and wants a 100 round magazine, I would report him to the FBI whether he passed the background check or not.

Then I'm very glad you don't own a gun shop. Every gun owner in America was once law abiding only if you go back to childhood and include criminals and thugs who have illegal guns as gun "owners".

That is not true......law abiding people do not become criminals simply because they have a gun......90% of gun murderers have long histories of violence and crime and felonies...and are by no means anywhere close to being law abiding, since their criminal activity starts in their early teen years.....

you're more likely to have a gun taken from you than use it to defend your family.
This is a lie.

and you're certainly statistically more likely to shoot a family member or friend or have one of them shoot themselves or you.
This is also a lie.

my statements are true. but please go with the NRA party line.

The “Good Guy With a Gun” Is a Myth

my problem is not with guns, per se. it's with people who shouldn't have guns getting them

There were about 20 good guys with guns in Dallas. They ran like rabbits when the shooting started.
You complain that if guns are in an area the people carrying them will carelessly fire them killing innocents and harming the ability for the police to respond. Then, as this scenario essentially never seems to happen, you complain that they are running away.

You need to make up your mind.

you're more likely to have a gun taken from you than use it to defend your family.
This is a lie.

and you're certainly statistically more likely to shoot a family member or friend or have one of them shoot themselves or you.
This is also a lie.

my problem is not with guns, per se. it's with people who shouldn't have guns getting them

There were about 20 good guys with guns in Dallas. They ran like rabbits when the shooting started.
You complain that if guns are in an area the people carrying them will carelessly fire them killing innocents and harming the ability for the police to respond. Then, as this scenario essentially never seems to happen, you complain that they are running away.

He doesn't have to make up his mind...he's a lefty....he can make stuff up as much as he wants and each thing he makes up becomes the truth....just ask hilary.......

This is a lie.

This is also a lie.

Naw, I'll just stick with what happened in Dallas. About twenty Rambo wannabees march down the street with long guns, and when a single person fires at them, they all run like rabbits, and cause the police to waste time trying to figure out if they are the shooters.

This is a lie.

This is also a lie.

Naw, I'll just stick with what happened in Dallas. About twenty Rambo wannabees march down the street with long guns, and when a single person fires at them, they all run like rabbits, and cause the police to waste time trying to figure out if they are the shooters.

Why is it you guys have to lie.....is it genetic....habit...because you are democrats........If only we could crack open your brains and take a little peeky boo into that twisted, dark cavity ......

You guys said that good guys with guns in a mass public shooting would turn into Rambos and then get shot by police .......

Neither of these things happened in a real world mass public shooting.....

The normal, law abiding gun owners, when the black racist started murdering police, retreated and allowed the police who were on the scene do their jobs and take on the shooter.

You were wrong.

Then, with actual good guys, actually carrying rifles on their shoulders retreated...they were not shot by police because the good guys with the rifles were not shooting innocent people...so the police did not shoot them....

You were wrong....

There is nothing in the gun debate that you guys get right...your predictions never come true, the facts do not support anything you say....and reality refuses to conform to the fantasies in your head.......

Never...not a single time........and yet you persist....you lie, and then you try to use emotion to convince the uninformed that you are right......

Like I said...if only we could crack open those hollow spaces behind your eyes.........

This is a lie.

This is also a lie.

The argument you are using in bunk.

No CCW holder is obligated in anyway to draw his weapon to stop a criminal.

Quite frankly unless my or my wife's life is in jeopardy I will not draw my weapon and that is how it should be.

IMO if you're getting mugged or assaulted and you have chosen not to arm yourself and to let the police protect you then if my or my wife's life is not in danger I will call the cops for you and hope you don't get killed or permanently maimed before they show up.

See that's me respecting your choice. All you have to do is respect mine

Last edited:

it's not complicated.

And we already have laws that state that very thing

It's not any legal gun owners fault if the fucking government can't enforce those laws

And the terror watch list is not populated only with people who have committed crimes. You can't restrict a person's rights simply because some government hack thinks they might maybe possibly sometime in the near or distant future commit a crime

This is a lie.

This is also a lie.

Quite frankly unless my or my wife's life is in jeopardy I will not draw my weapon and that is how it should be.

IMO if you're getting mugged or assaulted and you have chosen not to arm yourself and to let the police protect you then if my life is not in danger I will call the cops for you and hope you don't get killed or permanently maimed before they show up.

Sadly...that is where the anti gunners are leaving us......there is little upside to actively intervening with your firearm to save someone else being attacked......it is now better to just stand back and call the police......

This is a lie.

This is also a lie.

IMO if you're getting mugged or assaulted and you have chosen not to arm yourself and to let the police protect you then if my life is not in danger I will call the cops for you and hope you don't get killed or permanently maimed before they show up.

Sadly...that is where the anti gunners are leaving us......there is little upside to actively intervening with your firearm to save someone else being attacked......it is now better to just stand back and call the police......

My gun is for self defense that includes the defense of my wife if need be. I don't want to be a cop so if any crime occurs that does not put my or my wife's life in direct jeopardy I will not risk drawing and firing my weapon only to get dragged into the courts and treated like some fucking piece of shit criminal

This is a lie.

This is also a lie.

IMO if you're getting mugged or assaulted and you have chosen not to arm yourself and to let the police protect you then if my or my wife's life is not in danger I will call the cops for you and hope you don't get killed or permanently maimed before they show up.

Wow. Some of that is right in every way. Some of it is acceptable if not unequivocally virtuous. Some of it is ethically tolerable more so than acceptable. Some of it is ineffably turpitudinous morally. I don't often see such a spectrum of expressions from one person in so few words. Indeed, I can't honestly say I've seen that before.

Forum List

Back