CDZ A Week of Gun Violence Does Nothing to Change the N.R.A.’s Message

Fishlore

Silver Member
Aug 25, 2011
New Hampshire USA
In the language of today’s National Rifle Association, “an armed society is a polite society.” The aphorism, borrowed from the science-fiction author Robert Heinlein, is the inspiration for one of the N.R.A.’s most popular T-shirts, which bears the word “coexist,” spelled out in brightly colored ammo cartridges and guns. To promote the shirt ($17.99), the N.R.A. store says that Heinlein’s quote “emphasizes the independent, tolerant nature of gun owners in a fun and thought-provoking way.”

A Week of Gun Violence Does Nothing to Change the N.R.A.’s Message - The New Yorker

I think the string pullers in the NRA have this reaction to any shooting:

"Is the gun ok? Was it damaged in any way? The gun is the real innocent victim in all this".

In the language of today’s National Rifle Association, “an armed society is a polite society.” The aphorism, borrowed from the science-fiction author Robert Heinlein, is the inspiration for one of the N.R.A.’s most popular T-shirts, which bears the word “coexist,” spelled out in brightly colored ammo cartridges and guns. To promote the shirt ($17.99), the N.R.A. store says that Heinlein’s quote “emphasizes the independent, tolerant nature of gun owners in a fun and thought-provoking way.”

A Week of Gun Violence Does Nothing to Change the N.R.A.’s Message - The New Yorker

Wow, a week of showing how much danger we are in walking down the street didn't convince us that we should give up our protection? That's just stunning, isn't it?

You know, in my thread on how you propose we actually keep guns from criminals, you never did present an actual idea how we accomplish that. Have you come up with one?

Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

According to your "logic," wouldn't disarming the police reduce "gun violence?"

According to your "logic," wouldn't disarming the police reduce "gun violence?"

Of course not, we can trust government. You know, like the left think we can trust white cops with guns with black kids. Hmm.

Sorry, Fish man. I was trying to help you. How does the argument only the police should be armed work again?

Why should it,if anything it proves how dangerous life can be.
Gun crazies want to disarm the people.what kind of logic is that?

Yes, taking guns from law abiding citizens is like targeting the drug war on people who don't do drugs and drunk driving programs on people who don't drink. Fact and logic, liberals take to them like fish take to cameras and fire flies

Wow, a week of showing how much danger we are in walking down the street didn't convince us that we should give up our protection? That's just stunning, isn't it?

You know, in my thread on how you propose we actually keep guns from criminals, you never did present an actual idea how we accomplish that. Have you come up with one?

Unless you're a black gun owner or a cop, the past week didn't demonstrate any danger in walking down the street--not anymore than usual, anyway.

Yes, taking guns from law abiding citizens is like targeting the drug war on people who don't do drugs and drunk driving programs on people who don't drink. Fact and logic, liberals take to them like fish take to cameras and fire flies
But in order to keep drugs from addicts, doctors have severely limited pain prescriptions to ALL patients. And doctors and pharmacies share pain prescription information on all patients to catch those abusing them. And to limit drunk drivers, all drivers can be stopped and tested, bars can be held liable for serving to someone already three sheets to the wind, regardless of whether they're driving. To limit gun violence, perhaps guns need to be limited for all. Fair? Maybe not. Who told you life is fair? I said limited, not completely gone, btw.

Tell us if you will just how many people have been killed at any NRA hosted event? How many at gun shows? How many at a hunting club?

But in order to keep drugs from addicts, doctors have severely limited pain prescriptions to ALL patients. And doctors and pharmacies share pain prescription information on all patients to catch those abusing them. And to limit drunk drivers, all drivers can be stopped and tested, bars can be held liable for serving to someone already three sheets to the wind, regardless of whether they're driving. To limit gun violence, perhaps guns need to be limited for all. Fair? Maybe not. Who told you life is fair? I said limited, not completely gone, btw.
It IS limited.

The fact that there are mountains of gun control laws on the books seems to be utterly ignored every time gun control is brought up.

Most deadly city on the US: Chicago, which is also one of the most gun controlled cities in the US.

We need rogue cop investigations, not more gun laws.

We need more gun license renewal checks for mental health/violent tendencies.

We need Black people to stop killing Black people.

None of the real problems with guns have anything to do with guns or the Second Amendment.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Do they have a polo shirt for sale with that on it?

I graduated from T-shirts when I graduated from middle school.

Now I wear polo's in my free time and business casual at work.

Most deadly city on the US: Chicago, which is also one of the most gun controlled cities in the US.

None of the real problems with guns have anything to do with guns or the Second Amendment.
As long as rogue cops are not shooting whites I don't see a problem do you ?!

I can't tell whose side you are on.

So, tell me, do you love the NRA?

Or do you not?

As long as rogue cops are not shooting whites I don't see a problem do you ?!

You need to do some research, police shoot far more white people than black each year.

Unless you're a black gun owner or a cop, the past week didn't demonstrate any danger in walking down the street--not anymore than usual, anyway.

Here's how it works. You need to read the discussion and respond to the point in context. Also, which of these were legal gun owners just in Chicago?

Weekend Violence

And so people buy drugs ... illegally. My point. You may have heard about that, it's been in the news ...

Forum List

Back