Another battlefield in the war on Christmas

Pobresito :(

:eusa_eh: I understand the meaning but not the application here. Are you insinuating something excruciatingly stupid? Stereotyping is stereotyping and You and Ravi appear to make every attempt to indulge in it when it come to Christians. Get a life.
How long have you been sensitive about Christianity? I've noticed you have no problem with nasty cracks about Islam...bigoted, much?

Bull shit. Stupid much? What a minute, wrong question. That's already been proven.

In Ravi's defense, at least she hates Islam too. What with how they treat woman and all.

Wrong. Only a retarded agenda whore such as yourself would pretend to not understand the point I made.

But just to be clear.

JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING HAS BEEN THE POLICY FOR NINETEEN YEARS DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT.

Get it now retard?
You could have said that without the stupid hyperbole.

It doesn't make it wrong, either.

IMO, selling shit to kids at school is wrong, period.

You obviously don't know what hyperbole means. And now you're just embarassing yourself.

Carry on.
Ah, so you do think making the kiddie store un-agenda is the same as segregation.
:lol:

:eusa_eh: I understand the meaning but not the application here. Are you insinuating something excruciatingly stupid? Stereotyping is stereotyping and You and Ravi appear to make every attempt to indulge in it when it come to Christians. Get a life.
How long have you been sensitive about Christianity? I've noticed you have no problem with nasty cracks about Islam...bigoted, much?

Bull shit. Stupid much? What a minute, wrong question. That's already been proven.
:eusa_shhh: The posts you thank are visible to the board in general.

Come to think of it, calling it the Holidays is just as religiously offensive as calling it Christmas. Since the word holiday originated from the religious Holy Day, calling it the Holidays is cramming religion down atheist's throats too. Those poor poor persecuted atheists. :(

Exactly...and what's wrong with simply including ALL winter holidays???
Why stop there? I think they should sell voodoo dolls.

Seriously, this has been the policy for nineteen years and now suddenly it is a problem?

:cuckoo:

I didn't read the article. :redface:

Does it really say this policy has been in place for 19 years?

Nope. Never said or implied that.

Another RaviFail.

Seriously, go look up hyperbole and then come back and show me where I used it. I dare you. :eusa_whistle:

In Ravi's defense, at least she hates Islam too. What with how they treat woman and all.

Thanks Mani but what ever. I could care less. Ravi is essentially the female version of Shogun albeit less vulgar. Honestly I don't know what I was thinking, shoulda just hit the ignore button. She's not worth my time.

Exactly...and what's wrong with simply including ALL winter holidays???

Seriously, this has been the policy for nineteen years and now suddenly it is a problem?

Maybe not in that one but in another one that showed up on google news.

As usual, a mountain out of a molehill.

"It's sending the wrong message to our kids," said McMillan. "The school is doing this in the name of diversity. But diversity means accepting all views, not suppressing some views." (from Article)

Not really, the teachers I know who teach in public schools tell stories of the religious - and this includes Jews - being the people who do not want this stuff displayed or whatever in school. You have to remember that not all Christians practice religion the same as you do.

Why don't Jehovah's Witnesses celebrate Christmas? Doctrinal differences between Christians and Jehovah's Witnesses.

http://www.gnmagazine.org/issues/gn85/christmas-christ-surprising-truth.htm

"Christmas has its origin in two ancient pagan festivals, the great Yule-feast of the Norsemen and the Roman Saturnalia...It was close enough to the winter solstice to acquire many of the associations of the Norse ceremony: the Yule-log, the evergreen decorations in houses and churches, even the Christmas feast itself. These elements were combined with the Saturnalia of the Romans to provide the basis for the early Christian festival.

"During the Saturnalia, gifts were made by the wealthy to the poor in honour of the golden age of liberty when Saturn ruled the known world, and slaves were allowed to change places and clothing with their masters. They even elected their own mock king who, for the period of the festival, ruled as a despot. The Saturnalia involved the wildest debauchery, and was a festival worthy of [the god] Pan himself."

Last edited:

:eusa_shhh: The posts you thank are visible to the board in general.

So you presume to know what specifically and why I am thanking the person. Clairvoyant as well. Typical hack.
Of course you've also omitted those posts I've made making fun of or calling into question those who call themselves Christian or Muslim but in reality aren't. Way to go.

Last edited:

Maybe not in that one but in another one that showed up on google news.

As usual, a mountain out of a molehill.

I think those who want to exclude certain traditions and symbols in the name of diversity are the ones making "a mountain out of a molehill"...They're missing the forest for the trees. Speaking of trees, what do you think of allowing the kids to wear their religious headware to school this time of year? :lol:

http://okhistory.org/community/fic/files/2008/12/christmas-hat-3.jpg

Here's a thread title for ya: Ravi rounds up any information she can find to stereotype hated Christians.
Let's hear it for the rabid secular queen.

Actually, I am expressing my deep felt concern for how Christians are so persecuted in this country.

So what is so difficult in calling December 25th Christmas? It has been made a national holiday, (Yes it is officially a National Holiday). You do not have to go to a church of any kind, you do not have to pray to anyone or anything. (Unless you want to).

What does it hurt anyone to have a Christmas tree downtown, or even a manger scene?

The Constitution of the United States gives us freedom of religion. No where does it promise us freedom from religion.

Christmas is still Christmas no matter what your own personal beliefs.

Actually, I am expressing my deep felt concern for how Christians are so persecuted in this country.

Coming from you I know that's sarcastic. Not all Christians feel that homosexuality is something they need to be concerned with. If one Stereotypes a group because that group stereotypes them isn't it hypocrisy? Doesn't it make one just as bad as the other by lowering themselves down to the others' level? Just asking.

So what is so difficult in calling December 25th Christmas? It has been made a national holiday, (Yes it is officially a National Holiday). You do not have to go to a church of any kind, you do not have to pray to anyone or anything. (Unless you want to).

What does it hurt anyone to have a Christmas tree downtown, or even a manger scene?

The Constitution of the United States gives us freedom of religion. No where does it promise us freedom from religion.

No problems as long as my tax money isn't paying for ONE religion's celebration.

No problems as long as my tax money isn't paying for ONE religion's celebration.

Do you understand that your tax dollars pay for religious supplies all the time? Korans and prayer mats in Gitmo, Bibles and Hymn books in the military and in Prisons. Just to name a few.

CHELMSFORD -- 'Twas the month before Christmas and all through the class, controversy was stirring about Christmas present and past.

The rhyme may sound trite, but the complaint is real from two Chelmsford mothers who say the Byam Elementary School has banned Christmas from its annual holiday gift shop.

A flier sent home with students for the gift shop, which will run from Dec. 1 to Dec. 4 and benefits the school's PTO, states no Santa, candy canes, stockings, Christmas, Hanukkah or other "religious items" are welcome.

Happy holidays, Chelmsford kids! (Just leave the Santas and candy canes at home) - Lowell Sun Online

A holiday gift shop with no holiday items.

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back