Another battlefield in the war on Christmas

why? all your bullshit rhetoric won't change the minds of the Christians who Celebrate the Birth of Christ on Christmas day.. So you don't? who gives a crap..

Oh I do the US Christmas thing. I just do not celebrate the birth of Christ part.
The Grandchildren have a big time and I enjoy giving thoughtful presents.
Plus the feasting is great :clink:

well that's fine, but the Christians are celebrating the birth of Christ..

That is fine with me as long as they do not spend tax dollars to celebrate the birth of Christ.
Or force me to celebrate the birth of Christ.

I think it is funny about the fuss about Santa, Holiday tree, Candy canes, etc since they are relics of pagan midwinter festivals and not part of Christianity at all.

Holiday tree? Can you enlighten us on all the holidays that involve bringing a tree into your house and decorating it?

no, they cannot, they just start this crap every year thinking they will fuck it up for the Christians. They fail every year but they keep trying.

Actually, the tree thing is a pagan leftover. I think they actually hung them upside down originally. I'll have to check it out.

It's still cool.

Oh I do the US Christmas thing. I just do not celebrate the birth of Christ part.
The Grandchildren have a big time and I enjoy giving thoughtful presents.
Plus the feasting is great :clink:

well that's fine, but the Christians are celebrating the birth of Christ..

That is fine with me as long as they do not spend tax dollars to celebrate the birth of Christ.
Or force me to celebrate the birth of Christ.

Someone is going to force you to celebrate the birth of Christ? Are you a citizen of the Vatican?

Yeah, there were customs of bringing in greenery for the solstice, but the whole tree thing is Christian:

"Research into customs of various cultures shows that greenery was often brought into homes at the time of the winter solstice. It symbolized life in the midst of death in many cultures. The Romans were known to deck their homes with evergreens during of Kalends of January 15.

"Living trees were also brought into homes during the old Germany feast of Yule, which originally was a two month feast beginning in November. The Yule tree was planted in a tub and brought into the home. But there is no evidence that the Christmas tree is a direct descendent of the Yule tree.

"Evidence does point to the Paradise tree however. This story goes back to the 11th century religious plays. One of the most popular was the Paradise Play. The play depicted the story of the creation of Adam and Eve, their sin, and their banishment from Paradise. The only prop on the stage was the Paradise tree, a fir tree adorned with apples. The play would end with the promise of the coming Savior and His Incarnation. The people had grown so accustomed to the Paradise tree, that they began putting their own Paradise tree up in their homes on December 24."
Origin of the Christmas Tree

I don't know why atheists even care. It's a nice little custom, regardless of where it originated. People like to bring greenery into the house. Pagans and Christians alike enjoy the occasional bouquet, I'm sure. Just because one likes it doesn't mean the other shouldn't.

CHELMSFORD -- 'Twas the month before Christmas and all through the class, controversy was stirring about Christmas present and past.

The rhyme may sound trite, but the complaint is real from two Chelmsford mothers who say the Byam Elementary School has banned Christmas from its annual holiday gift shop.

A flier sent home with students for the gift shop, which will run from Dec. 1 to Dec. 4 and benefits the school's PTO, states no Santa, candy canes, stockings, Christmas, Hanukkah or other "religious items" are welcome.

Happy holidays, Chelmsford kids! (Just leave the Santas and candy canes at home) - Lowell Sun Online

:cuckoo: Then which "Holiday" were they celebrating in its holiday gift shop?

Let's force uscitizen to celebrate Christmas. Quick, mob him, drape garlands around him and stick a Santa hat on his head.

I'll sneak into his house and stash the presents.

In the spirit of the occasion, I am wearing a Christmas sweater festooned with gold beads and embroidered holly berries.....we shall stitch his eyes open and force him to gaze upon it.

Let's force uscitizen to celebrate Christmas. Quick, mob him, drape garlands around him and stick a Santa hat on his head.

I'll sneak into his house and stash the presents.

In the spirit of the occasion, I am wearing a Christmas sweater festooned with gold beads and embroidered holly berries.....we shall stitch his eyes open and force him to gaze upon it.

Sounds like fun, I will stock the bar.

Just leave the nativity scene at home.

Come to think of it, calling it the Holidays is just as religiously offensive as calling it Christmas. Since the word holiday originated from the religious Holy Day, calling it the Holidays is cramming religion down atheist's throats too. Those poor poor persecuted atheists. :(

CHELMSFORD -- 'Twas the month before Christmas and all through the class, controversy was stirring about Christmas present and past.

The rhyme may sound trite, but the complaint is real from two Chelmsford mothers who say the Byam Elementary School has banned Christmas from its annual holiday gift shop.

A flier sent home with students for the gift shop, which will run from Dec. 1 to Dec. 4 and benefits the school's PTO, states no Santa, candy canes, stockings, Christmas, Hanukkah or other "religious items" are welcome.

Happy holidays, Chelmsford kids! (Just leave the Santas and candy canes at home) - Lowell Sun Online

:cuckoo: Then which "Holiday" were they celebrating in its holiday gift shop?

No kidding! It's a Holi - day as in HOLY day

:lol: God forbid!

Come to think of it, calling it the Holidays is just as religiously offensive as calling it Christmas. Since the word holiday originated from the religious Holy Day, calling it the Holidays is cramming religion down atheist's throats too. Those poor poor persecuted atheists. :(

How else are we supposed to celebrate Santa's birthday?

Exactly...and what's wrong with simply including ALL winter holidays???

because the Christians are celebrating the birth of Christ. You do as you please.

IMO, absolutely nothing.

But just to play devils advocate... :eusa_angel:

If they allow all winter holidays to be included, the Christian majority will soundly dominate the holiday gift shop and unfairly stigmatize the lone half-breed and his barren Kwanza booth.

LOL

Damned atheists hate Santa Claus.

IMO, absolutely nothing.

But just to play devils advocate... :eusa_angel:

If they allow all winter holidays to be included, the Christian majority will soundly dominate the holiday gift shop and unfairly stigmatize the lone half-breed and his barren Kwanza booth.

C'est la vie...another life lesson based in REALITY, God forbid. :lol:

Stigmatize, huh? :eusa_think:

As it stands, does this school also prohibit the Kwanza booth or are they only stigmatizing Christians here?

Personally it's my firm conviction that you do it on April first. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back