Another battlefield in the war on Christmas

Holiday tree? Can you enlighten us on all the holidays that involve bringing a tree into your house and decorating it?

Yule

and later co-opted by Christmas

Glad I could help. :thup:

I'm pretty sure it's Yule LOG and that a decorated tree came AFTER the Yule celebration was co-opted by Christmas, but as they were both early German celebrations, I won't argue the point.

Yule tree too and let us not forget the Druids and their mistletoe.

But, we all know that the Christians were a bunch of plagarisers. Glad I could be of help too.

Happy Holidays.

Come to think of it, calling it the Holidays is just as religiously offensive as calling it Christmas. Since the word holiday originated from the religious Holy Day, calling it the Holidays is cramming religion down atheist's throats too. Those poor poor persecuted atheists. :(

Exactly...and what's wrong with simply including ALL winter holidays???

because the Christians are celebrating the birth of Christ. You do as you please.

You go to Mass and JUST go to Mass, right?

IMO, absolutely nothing.

But just to play devils advocate... :eusa_angel:

If they allow all winter holidays to be included, the Christian majority will soundly dominate the holiday gift shop and unfairly stigmatize the lone half-breed and his barren Kwanza booth.

C'est la vie...another life lesson based in REALITY, God forbid. :lol:

Stigmatize, huh? :eusa_think:

As it stands, does this school also prohibit the Kwanza booth or are they only stigmatizing Christians here?

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!! :eek:

Come to think of it, calling it the Holidays is just as religiously offensive as calling it Christmas. Since the word holiday originated from the religious Holy Day, calling it the Holidays is cramming religion down atheist's throats too. Those poor poor persecuted atheists. :(

Why stop there? I think they should sell voodoo dolls.

Seriously, this has been the policy for nineteen years and now suddenly it is a problem?

:cuckoo:

Seriously, this has been the policy for nineteen years and now suddenly it is a problem?

How long was segregation the policy before it suddenly became a problem? :cuckoo:

How long was segregation the policy before it suddenly became a problem? :cuckoo:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to manifold again.

:rofl:

Only an idiot such as yourself would compare a fund raiser to segregation.

Wrong. Only a retarded agenda whore such as yourself would pretend to not understand the point I made.

But just to be clear.

JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING HAS BEEN THE POLICY FOR NINETEEN YEARS DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT.

Get it now retard?

How cute! Ringo is to Mani as dcon is to Gunny.

Way to get rep points, Mani. :clap2:

Here's a thread title for ya: Ravi rounds up any information she can find to stereotype hated Christians.
Let's hear it for the rabid secular queen.

Wrong. Only a retarded agenda whore such as yourself would pretend to not understand the point I made.

But just to be clear.

JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING HAS BEEN THE POLICY FOR NINETEEN YEARS DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT.

Get it now retard?
You could have said that without the stupid hyperbole.

It doesn't make it wrong, either.

IMO, selling shit to kids at school is wrong, period.

Let's force uscitizen to celebrate Christmas. Quick, mob him, drape garlands around him and stick a Santa hat on his head.

I'll sneak into his house and stash the presents.

In the spirit of the occasion, I am wearing a Christmas sweater festooned with gold beads and embroidered holly berries.....we shall stitch his eyes open and force him to gaze upon it.

Sounds like fun, I will stock the bar.

Just leave the nativity scene at home.

I have an American Indian one, that should suffice. It's just a nice Indian family hanging around looking at a baby.

But just to be clear.

Get it now retard?
You could have said that without the stupid hyperbole.

It doesn't make it wrong, either.

IMO, selling shit to kids at school is wrong, period.

You obviously don't know what hyperbole means. And now you're just embarassing yourself.

Carry on. :thup:

I'm sure I'm not the first one to throw this out there but:

December 25th was originally a Pagan holiday. Christ was not born in December despite the original claims. Instead, Christ was born on June 17 2 BC.

How cute! Ringo is to Mani as dcon is to Gunny.

Way to get rep points, Mani. :clap2:

Here's a thread title for ya: Ravi rounds up any information she can find to stereotype hated Christians.

Pobresito :(

:eusa_eh: I understand the meaning but not the application here. Are you insinuating something excruciatingly stupid? Stereotyping is stereotyping and You and Ravi appear to make every attempt to indulge in it when it come to Christians. Get a life.

Pobresito :(

:eusa_eh: I understand the meaning but not the application here. Are you insinuating something excruciatingly stupid? Stereotyping is stereotyping and You and Ravi appear to make every attempt to indulge in it when it come to Christians. Get a life.
How long have you been sensitive about Christianity? I've noticed you have no problem with nasty cracks about Islam...bigoted, much?

Forum List

Back