More fundamentalist nastiness

The term fundamentalist does not apply to mormons or groups who break away from mormonism. It applies to those whose church adheres to 'The Fundamentals' of the 1910's.

Why would you choose to apply that title to criminals anyway, just pure hatred?

Police: Sixth person arrested in Missouri child sex abuse case - CNN.com

Independence, Missouri (CNN) -- A sixth person was arrested Thursday on suspicion of child sexual abuse in an investigation that led to the arrest of five members of a Missouri family, and authorities found additional victims in the case, police said.

Well the Judeo-Christian Bible justifies a whole bunch of this 'n' that! I haven't read all of the Book of Mormon. However their teachings in the regular LDS are very much on the side of blame the victim. I'm sure these FLDS types are worse.

Sounds to me like the church has effectively excommunicated these guys.

So how is it that the church is accountable again?

Oh, it's not. Just more bigotry and hatred from Ravi.

What a shame the Imams don't excommunicate terrorists. Would probably go a long ways in reducing terrorism now, wouldn't it?

For the resident idiots:

What does religion have to do with any of this?

Evil Bible.... now that's funny!!!

I doubt seriously if these creeps are religious fundamentals. Most likely they are your basic fundamental shitheads.

The term fundamentalist does not apply to mormons or groups who break away from mormonism. It applies to those whose church adheres to 'The Fundamentals' of the 1910's.

ravi is an intollerant racist nouveau liberal .... she was born that way ...she can't help it....

I suppose I could have substituted the word Christian. But fundamentalist seems to fit better...no matter what your 1910 dictionary says.

They are an offshoot religion of the Mormon church.
And I suspect enjoy tax exempt status as a religious entity and such in the USA.
I hope that goes away.

Independence, Missouri (CNN) -- A sixth person was arrested Thursday on suspicion of child sexual abuse in an investigation that led to the arrest of five members of a Missouri family, and authorities found additional victims in the case, police said.

Calling these men fundamentalists is akin to calling muslim terrorists fundamentalists.

I think doing so does a huge injustice to both religions as neither group is following the "fundamentals" of their religions.

Calling these men fundamentalists is akin to calling muslim terrorists fundamentalists.

I think doing so does a huge injustice to both religions as neither group is following the "fundamentals" of their religions.
Okay...then what would you call people that do bad things in the name of their religion?

Calling these men fundamentalists is akin to calling Muslim terrorists fundamentalists.

Okay...then what would you call people that do bad things in the name of their religion?

Blasphemers :)

Hypocrites, criminals, sinners.

Personally, I agree with you. I consider fundamentalists those who take their religion's books and skew them into an interpretation that is way too literal or even so twisted that it allows them to justify their heinous acts with their interpretation of their religion's books.

But, I see nothing in the article that indicates that they did this because of their religion.

Last edited:
No, that's true there isn't anything in there that states that. Aside from the fact that a couple of them were lay ministers it is quite possible this wasn't done because of some twisted religious belief.

I'll stop trying to be PC....if I had to do it all over again I would title the thread, "Christians rounded up for child sex abuse."

criminals

No, that's true there isn't anything in there that states that. Aside from the fact that a couple of them were lay ministers it is quite possible this wasn't done because of some twisted religious belief.

I'll stop trying to be PC....if I had to do it all over again I would title the thread, "Christians rounded up for child sex abuse."

So when the absolutely dwarfing number of teacher sex abuse cases happens to be reported on, should it be headlined "Secularists rounded up for child sex abuse", "Non-religious people rounded up in droves for child sex abuse", "Throngs of government employees rounded up for child sex abuse"?

This kind of sensationalist garbage is not productive, and generally not accurate in the portrayal you wish to paint of whatever group it is you feel should be persecuted.

Fundamentalism has nothing to do any particular religion. It's a blanket term.
That's what I always thought but apparently Allie believes it is reserved for Christians.

Actually, no. It's a term you use for Christians. Even when it's made patently obvious that the 'fundamentalists" ostracized and outed the criminals in their midsts. To Ravi the ones ostracized are still criminals because they're Christians.

If only she'd apply the same standard to her Jihadist friends. Even the so-called moderate Muslims refuse to ostracize or out them from their midst.

Forum List

Back