And The Reasons for 2016 Dem DOWN-TICKET Failures?........

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
November 14, 2016: The Democrats' Losses in State Races Were a Bloodbath
On November 8, all of these states—Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin—ended up being the ones that ultimately destroyed Clinton’s chances of winning the presidency. The DLCC’s attempts to make Democratic inroads met with a similar end....Of the 32 seats the organization had targeted in those states, Democrats won only eight.

So......Russians? :lmao:

We hear a lot of speculation about why Hillary lost 2016.

1. Bernie's vindictive voters
2. Her health
3. Benghazi!
4. Her abrasive personality
5. Bill's womanizing past
6. & my personal favorite: The Russians!!

But what about the more important conversation; presuming you really want to care about WHY dems IN GENERAL took a drubbing in 2016? Because the failure of down-ticket dems suggests a rejection by those defecting middle dem voters on PLATFORM and not personality issues, conspiracies and the like.

In other words, the conversation about down-ticket dem failure is a vastly more important one from a DNC strategy standpoint this time around the block. Don't you suppose that those dems who rejected down-ticket dems might have just lumped their rejection into the up-ticket dem-figurehead as "none of the above"? And could THAT have been the reason Hillary failed?

I mean if you really, truly, actually want to understand the 2016 message to dems from within their own ranks. Were the Russians responsible for Congressional dem candidates failing too? Or was it a platform issue?

Discuss.

Other readings: The Left's Serious Case of Misplaced Anger....The "Mook Mafia" In Damage-Control Mode

The far left can not admit they are the problem, so it has to be someone else.

As we have seen around the world the far left is the most dangerous religion on the planet.

According to Sweden’s annual national crime survey, the number of people reporting that they had been victims of sexual crimes almost tripled from 2012, when it was 0.8 percent of the adult population, to 2016, when it was 2.4 percent. Most assaults go unreported: Only 10 percent of those surveyed said they had told the police.

Swedish Law Now Recognizes Sex Without Consent as Rape

As we have seen around the world the far left is the most dangerous religion on the planet.

Well that's probably true. But yes, the "it's someone else" thing. Yes.

Which is why I asked, tongue-in-cheek, if the Russians were responsible for the defecting dem bloc rejecting Congressional dem candidates in the traditionally moderate dem states indicated in the OP. And, if they rejected the down-ticket dems for platform reasons, it stands to reason that they rejected Hillary for the same thing. And that's why I included the link to her attacking her campaign manager Robby Mook at the bottom of the OP. Click, click, click. It all fits like a lock in a key of "the big mystery"... :lmao:

Well that's probably true. But yes, the "it's someone else" thing. Yes.

Which is why I asked, tongue-in-cheek, if the Russians were responsible for the defecting dem bloc rejecting Congressional dem candidates in the traditionally moderate dem states indicated in the OP. And, if they rejected the down-ticket dems for platform reasons, it stands to reason that they rejected Hillary for the same thing. And that's why I included the link to her attacking her campaign manager Robby Mook at the bottom of the OP. Click, click, click. It all fits like a lock in a key of "the big mystery"... :lmao:

Hilary was rejected in states with strong unions in energy.

They chose not to vote for her.

The unions in those states reject Hilary.

Even though Hilary would be far worse than Trump!

Well at least you seem to be ^^ indicating that it wasn't the Russians. How about down-ticket dems losing? Any theories?

You see, nobody wants to talk about why down-ticket dems lost their butts too in 2016. I guess the Russians just can't explain all that away. What would be left to admit then is that the dems as a WHOLE (Hillary included) took a drubbing because of their EXTREME LEFT PLATFORM which was and is simply unpalatable to their middle base. Note the states in the OP that beat up their own party.

Kids, when a large chunk of your base defects because your platform is simply, purely and completely unacceptable to them, it's time to change your platform and stop blaming the other party.

Well at least you seem to be ^^ indicating that it wasn't the Russians. How about down-ticket dems losing? Any theories?

Well when you run on repealing tax cuts, telling people they do not know how to manage their own money, and you do not ever pay your fair share. Not sure why the far left is loosing.

But as you see in the blue areas, the far left is moving even further to the left, they did this in late 70's and kept Reagan as president for 8 years.

They think they can do this and just attack Trump without any evidence.

Well when you run on repealing tax cuts, telling people they do not know how to manage their own money, and you do not ever pay your fair share. Not sure why the far left is loosing.

But as you see in the blue areas, the far left is moving even further to the left, they did this in late 70's and kept Reagan as president for 8 years.

They think they can do this and just attack Trump without any evidence.
So you think that voters separated out the Hillary vote from the down-ticket vote? Or you think that dems defected on their own party in the Rust Belt because of vague issues around managing money and so forth?

I think it's a galvanizing revulsion for one of the far-left's platforms that lead to wholesale rejection of the party as a whole from within its own ranks, up and down ticket. Your thoughts?

You see, nobody wants to talk about why down-ticket dems lost their butts too in 2016. I guess the Russians just can't explain all that away. What would be left to admit then is that the dems as a WHOLE (Hillary included) took a drubbing because of their EXTREME LEFT PLATFORM which was and is simply unpalatable to their middle base. Note the states in the OP that beat up their own party.

Kids, when a large chunk of your base defects because your platform is simply, purely and completely unacceptable to them, it's time to change your platform and stop blaming the other party.

Hun, you’re projecting. You’re singularly obsessed with LGBTQ folks. You imagine that do is everyone else.

But when pressed for evidence that it was LGBTQ issues that shifted the “rust belt” dems, you offer us your imagination.

And of course, your reasoning fails even your own standards. As you insisted Trump couldn’t be elected because of his support for LGBT issues.

Um, how’d that work out again?

But when pressed for evidence that it was LGBTQ issues that shifted the “rust belt” dems, you offer us your imagination.

I'll be willing to grant you the benefit of the doubt mdk. Run with that thought for 2018 & 2020. Let's see if my "imagination" pans out if your cult keeps up the drumbeat. Maybe say in late September this year you folks could do a really visible push for so-called transgenders (actual men pretending to be women) to be able to share public pool communal showers with women? Take it through the 9th circuit for a round-one win? Then we'll see if it's my imagination. Your spin machine will have a few handy excuses for the dwindling dem base as to why you were pummeled yet again in another election cycle..

I'll be willing to grant you the benefit of the doubt mdk. Run with that thought for 2018 & 2020. Let's see if my "imagination" pans out if your cult keeps up the drumbeat. Maybe say in late September this year you folks could do a really visible push for so-called transgenders (actual men pretending to be women) to be able to share public pool communal showers with women? Take it through the 9th circuit for a round-one win? Then we'll see if it's my imagination. Your spin machine will have a few handy excuses for the dwindling dem base as to why you were pummeled yet again in another election cycle..

Your whole drumbeat during the last presidential election was how Trump was going to be harmed by trannies/bathrooms and gay marriage. So sure of this harm, you demanded that the GOP dump Trump at the convention and select Kasich instead. I can assure you, this obsession of yours isn't the idée fixe of the people in my area of the Rust Belt.

Also, I love that you're still peddling the bullshit that Skylar and I are the same person. :lol:

Forum List

Back