USMB Coffee Shop IV

In other news...

Mom has gone through a battery of tests and a biopsy.

The lung growth isn't spreading or currently health threatening....She's going to get some radiation on it, and that * should* be that.

TY for all the prayers and the spot on the vigil list...Stay tuned.
More prayers up for you, your mother, and your circle of friends and family, Mr. Oddball.

I haven't been around as I've had a bout with vertigo that comes and goes
Dizzy one minute and just fine when sitting down and taking a few deep breaths.

I also went on a crochet binge all week to make some potholders and cotton dishrags for our church kitchen. I should have spent time making a quilt top for children who need one in the community.

Oh, well I can do another baby quilt top next week.

Love, beautress

Last edited:
Thanks, Foxfire for your amazing presence. I wish you have all good things that you cherish in the future, good health and endearing friendships that please you. Even so, I hope you will feel to visit occasionally. You are so loved for all your effort and kindness to everyone here. We love you so and always will.

Love, beautress
Um beautress my long time, lovable, caring friend, thank you but I'm not going anywhere. That post was on April Fool's Day. :)

I have a lot of thyme on my hands.jpg

I have a lot of thyme on my hands......

Oh yeah. EARLY Morning TV chat says Do not look at the sun in a solar eclipse. Apparently looking at it can quickly blind you, and there is no cure of the damage done to the retina. It's only going to be for a matter of 2 or 3 minutes.. They said wear special sunscreen glasses. Please Don't put your eyesight in harm's way. Without vision you can't drive anymore, enjoy an art exhibit, drive the kids to school, no enjoying a sunset or sunrise. Don't take chances with your or your childrens' vision. Love, beautress

Last edited:
More prayers up for you, your mother, and your circle of friends and family, Mr. Oddball.

I haven't been around as I've had a bout with vertigo that comes and goes
Dizzy one minute and just fine when sitting down and taking a few deep breaths.

I also went on a crochet binge all week to make some potholders and cotton dishrags for our church kitchen. I should have spent time making a quilt top for children who need one in the community.

Oh, well I can do another baby quilt top next week.

Love, beautress
I have found as I get older my balance isn't what it used to be so I now carry a cane if I am going to likely be stepping up and down such as at curbs. It also helps relief distress from the collapsed vertebrae in my back so they give me little discomfort. Just one of the compensations we have to make as we get older.

Vertigo is no fun and can be miserable and it also seems to be an issue for many older people. I rarely have it--usually it occurs just for two or three seconds when I first stand up from a seated position in certain kinds of chairs--I mystify my doctor when I tell her about these things :) --but hopefully yours is a result of allergies affecting your inner ears and will pass.

To you younger folks enjoy your robust health while you have it. At some point after you pass 50 you can still be robust and healthy--I certainly am--but you'll have to start dealing with that 'check engine' light every once in awhile too. :)

Welcome to the Coffee Shop ChemEngineer. I think this was your first visit here--I didn't have you on the Coffee Shop roster--so welcome welcome. We're happy you checked in and keep right on doing that. We love new friends in the Coffee Shop. :)

First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage. This one looked good for a ChemEngineer. :)

1712606949069.png

Welcome to the Coffee Shop ChemEngineer. I think this was your first visit here--I didn't have you on the Coffee Shop roster--so welcome welcome. We're happy you checked in and keep right on doing that. We love new friends in the Coffee Shop. :)

First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage. This one looked good for a ChemEngineer. :)

View attachment 929225
Je vous en remercie.

Mais, je ne bois pas alcool.

Une terre de jus, sil vous plait. Canneberges-cerise preferablement.

Alors, comment dit-on personne qui parlet deux langues?
(Bilange)
Exactement.
Maintenant, comment dit-on personne qui parle seulement une langue?

Il-y-a deux reponse amusant:
1. Americain
2. Francais

Alors, comment dit-on personne qui parlet deux langues?
(Bilange)
Exactement.
Maintenant, comment dit-on personne qui parle seulement une langue?

Il-y-a deux reponse amusant:
1. Americain
2. Francais
No idea, but I doubt many Coffee Shoppers speak French. :) (Including me. I know a little Spanglish in addition to English and that's about it.)

La traduction:

What do you call someone who speaks two languages?
Bilingual.

Then what do you call someone who speaks one language?

I always said "American" to French tourists when I told them this joke in French as above. Then a gentleman said to me, "Non, non, Francais."

Vraiment? (Really?)

Oui!

1996 - Took my wonderful in-laws to Europe

1996 Eiffel Tower.JPG

1999 - Took my wonderful older brothers, sister, and spouses to London and Paris

1999 Illinois Family in Paris.jpg

My wife took her six younger sisters to Paris a few years later. Can't find that photo, I am sorry to say. Then she took her sisters to Honolulu and they loved both trips! Now everybody wants to be in my family.

La traduction:

What do you call someone who speaks two languages?
Bilingual.

Then what do you call someone who speaks one language?

I always said "American" to French tourists when I told them this joke in French as above. Then a gentleman said to me, "Non, non, Francais."

Vraiment? (Really?)

Oui!

1996 - Took my wonderful in-laws to Europe

View attachment 929439

1999 - Took my wonderful older brothers, sister, and spouses to London and Paris

View attachment 929440

My wife took her six younger sisters to Paris a few years later. Can't find that photo, I am sorry to say. Then she took her sisters to Honolulu and they loved both trips! Now everybody wants to be in my family.
Well yeah. We could be family if it includes trips to Paris and Hawaii! :)

Forum List

Back