Ancient Tablets CONFIRM the Bible

TemptationSeal.jpg

I think that this is a depiction of a man (on the left) making a payment of 50 silver pieces to the man on the right, the father of the girl whom was just raped.

The father then asks if the man on the left has a brother interested in having non-consentual sex with his other daughter, as he is in need of 50 more silver pieces.

So because different tablets tell similar stories it must be true? Ok then, all those people saying they saw Elvis (after he died), Bigfoot, Nessie or claimed they were abducted by aliens must also be true because we can find so many people saying they did.

FT, they confirm the story, they all point to the same story. Just different versions.

It's just ironic that people would try to say one copied the other when they are all pointing at the same event.

I think that this is a depiction of a man (on the left) making a payment of 50 silver pieces to the man on the right, the father of the girl whom was just raped.

The father then asks if the man on the left has a brother interested in having non-consentual sex with his other daughter, as he is in need of 50 more silver pieces.

Actually, I do believe he is asking the father himself, and not for a brother.

So because different tablets tell similar stories it must be true? Ok then, all those people saying they saw Elvis (after he died), Bigfoot, Nessie or claimed they were abducted by aliens must also be true because we can find so many people saying they did.

FT, they confirm the story, they all point to the same story. Just different versions.

It's just ironic that people would try to say one copied the other when they are all pointing at the same event.

but what is the timeline, who got the scoop?

:lol:

Actually, I do believe he is asking the father himself, and not for a brother.

:eek:

ARE YOU QUESTIONING THE WORD OF XOTOXI???

...And that old maids benefit greatly from being raped. In fact, they benefit so much from it, that it would behoove them to seek out a raping.
Why anyone would worship a book that says that is beyond me!!

Forget about worshipping the book.

How about worshiping the God for whom the book is a word for word transcription???

It's times like this that I am reminded of how thankful I am that my parents raised me in a religion-free environment.

As does the people who claim to see mythical beings, and aliens when we haven't seen an alien ship with even our most advanced telescopes.

Also how can you be sure they weren't copied off each other, we're talking years upon years of difference between the stories?

One more thing how can you be sure it confirms YOUR version of the story. How can we be sure that the Bible isn't just another (somehow very different) version of one of the other creation stories? How do we know it's the right one?

Oh and you can also find stories of dragon in European and Asian lore, despite not always being in contact with each other, do those stories confirm the existence of dragons?

Last edited:
Y'all should stop hating on Jen. Any bitch who knows her place and her price and is thankful to have a good strong man who took her when she didn't know she wanted it should be appreciated as the good little toy she is...

One more thing how can you be sure it confirms YOUR version of the story. How can we be sure that the Bible isn't just another (somehow very different) version of one of the other creation stories? How do we know it's the right one?

good question.

You don't have to know it for it to be right. Whether you accept or believe, there's still only one truth. That's what you guys don't get.

The oldest bible in existence just went up for auction a little while ago:

Oldest known Bible goes online
Discovered in a monastery in the Sinai desert in Egypt more than 160 years ago, the handwritten Codex Sinaiticus includes two books that are not part of the official New Testament and at least seven books that are not in the Old Testament.

The New Testament books are in a different order, and include numerous handwritten corrections -- some made as much as 800 years after the texts were written, according to scholars who worked on the project of putting the Bible online. The changes range from the alteration of a single letter to the insertion of whole sentences.

And some familiar -- very important -- passages are missing, including verses dealing with the resurrection of Jesus, they said.

Surprising? Hardly

You don't have to know it for it to be right. Whether you accept or believe, there's still only one truth. That's what you guys don't get.

I got a story for you Allie. :eusa_angel:

An Atheist and his Christian friend are arguing about religion. The Atheist says it cannot be proven for God to exist. So he says, "if there is a God, may he make the power go out." All of a sudden, the power goes out, and it begins to thunder and lightning out heavily. Both of them rush outside and look at one another. The Atheist then says "If there is a God, may he strike my lawn with lightning." And what would you know? The lawn then gets struck by lighting not only once but three times. At this point, the Atheist's whole belief system has changed and begins to run across the lawn yelling "I believe! I believe!." He continues to run and then stops. All of a sudden, he is bathed in light and lifts his arms up to the heavens..and gets hit by a bus.

Moral of the Story?

Look both ways and don't stand in the middle of the street.

;)

Y'all should stop hating on Jen. Any bitch who knows her place and her price and is thankful to have a good strong man who took her when she didn't know she wanted it should be appreciated as the good little toy she is...
Another idiotic post by someone who thinks he has the right to control what women do with their bodies. :cuckoo:

JenT, you seem to be under the impression that rape is a crime of passion and that forcing a raper to take care of the rapee would be a good thing. That's insane, IMO, and who the hell would want to be tied to a rapist for their lifetime?

Jen would. She likes to be taken and forced to try things she might otherwise to scared to. She understands where she, the self-proclaimed whore- belongs, and that's underneath a man.

When people refer to "The Bible" why is it that the OT gets the guernsey? I know the original post was an OT historical reference but during the thread, which ripped along nicely, "The Bible" was discussed and most of it was the OT.

The books of the OT which I think were the Hebrew texts (?) seem to me to be embedded in a particular culture in place and time. The books that deal with the - I'll get this wrong no doubt in terms of names of people - Hebrews who came out of slavery in Egypt (?) and wandered around the desert proscribe and prescribe behaviours which seem to me to be useful to any tribal group wandering around in the desert. The dietary strictures, for example, seem to be good advice if you don't have a family doctor or a pharmacy operating out of the nearest strip mall. Don't eat shellfish, they can be very dodgy and make you crook, so give them a miss. Don't bonk your mate's sheila, that can be very dodgy for your health too, especialy if your mate finds out.

The OT is pretty fierce at times, but perhaps back then folks needed to have the shit scared out of them to comply with social mores designed to keep the group together. I mean look at the Golden Calf thing. Moses turns his back for ten minutes and there they are boozing and shagging and getting into all kinds of mischief. I bet they were eating oysters and banging each other's sheilas (and blokes, let's get a bit up to date and shift the onus around a bit, no doubt the strumpets were seducing the innocent blokes as well).

So, is it really valid to go back to a set of texts that reflected the times in which they were composed (if not actually written) as laws to guide behaviour? I mean the contrast with Christ when he turns up in the Bible Part Deux is remarkable, so different from the authoritarian OT. Okay He did His chewy with the moneylenders but he walked among the lower classes *sniff* and preached values which appear to be in some opposition to the thundering stuff in the OT.

Shouldn't we look at contemporary teachings?

Having said that, fundies give me the shits, they should leave the OT as some sort of record of previous oral histories and get with the modern programme.

Forum List

Back