Ancient Tablets CONFIRM the Bible

WHY do YOU want answers from HER on what YOU find foolish?

Doesn't make sense Robert....???

You don't care what her answer will be, so why in the heck should she kneel to you and do your research on finding out what those passages really mean TO YOU? She already knows what they mean to her...IT'S YOU who does not understand them and she will NEVER be able to help YOU with understanding them...ONLY YOU can do that Robert....on YOUR own....and only if it really matters to you will you do such...

My bet is that NONE of those questions really matter to you...

So why jump on this bashing bandwagon on to Jen? WHY? Does it make you feel superior Robert...an adult or something?

The cruelty of people on this board, with very little thought to the cruelty, is amazing to me..... sheesh....

And you guys NEVER can do it alone... you have to gang bang....even worse.

:confused:

Care
Care, why do people post things on message boards that they claim "proves" the Bible is true when in fact their proof is nothing of the sort unless they want someone to question them? If Jen wanted yes-man answers she'd be posting her "facts" elsewhere, no?

Ravi, do what you did in the beginning of this thread....question the validity of the tablets and how they relate to her Bible and the creation story....

I only got through the posts up to this one of Roberts and was sickened by the BASHING from those who don't believe the same as her...

when one can simply say, "I don't believe these tablets do verify the creation story and this is why..." and then she could debate why she thinks the other is wrong....

This is the first thread I have entered of Jen's, and it was just by chance I entered it....her other thread titles did not catch enough of my interest, and I just thought she should be able to profess whatever it is that is dear to her, in how she wanted....

JB, seems to have no problem mouthing off on what he believes....and what he thinks of Christians, including me...and that's fine and dandy with me...

Care
JB is an idiot who wishes the two of us dead.

I hear what you are saying, but Jen hasn't really cared to get into any reasonable disagreements. She responds to the flames, which just makes me think that I'm correct...she doesn't really care about the topic at all.

Oh, and if I get to pick one:

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

Now go ahead and defend it.

Wow, looks like I need to catch up, but first I'll post this.

Hey, before I look at this, what is the actual question?

Well, I'm going to beyond whether this is right or wrong. (Though that is a question too) I'm going to ask you whether you think it was wrong to put this in the bible?

If you say yes, you admit to the Bible being infallible, therefore either written by men or a sexist God.

If you say no, may God have mercy on your soul. :eusa_eh:

My answer is that it doesn’t matter what I think, what matters is what God said, and I will always agree with God.

So let’s examine what God said.

First of all, marriage according to God is far more precious than how men hold it in the hardness of their hearts.

"For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’ So then, they are no longer two but one flesh."

If society would hold to this ideal, one man to every woman as God intended, there would be NO AIDS, no STDs, all of those lives that have been lost or polluted by our sexual immorality would be saved. There would be few fatherless children, if we obeyed God it would be a different world.

But that’s not the case. The problem isn’t in God it’s with man.

But go back to Deut. 22:25 If a man finds a woman alone in the countryside and rapes her, his punishment is death. She is without guilt because she could not be heard when she cried out (tried to stop him).

The chastity of a woman is of such great honor to be protected for her husband that the two may join and be one flesh, a sacred right, that a man that forces himself on a woman that cannot stop him is to DIE.

Deut 22:26 But if a woman who is not betrothed... Stop right here. In those days before she reaches maidenhood, a woman is usually betrothed. Therefore one who is not betrothed is already in dire circumstances because apparently nobody has asked for her.

This was probably of great shame in your average village. Something a woman would have a hard time living with, since the whole village would know and feel sorry for her.

So if a woman (that no one has offered to marry) is raped, the unwanted woman gains a husband who is now obligated to care for her FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

I wonder how many rapists today would rape their victims if their whole world saw to it that they took care of her for the rest of her days?

So you see, this isn’t likely to happen very often because if the man was so desperate for her that he would do such a thing, he could have offered to marry her in the first place. He is now sort of forced to marry the woman he didn’t have the gumption to ask for in the first place, thus securing for the woman, a man responsible to pay for EVERYTHING, and you can bet that whole town would be sure he obeyed the laws of how a man is to treat his wife.

Now if the woman (notice woman not child, for that would be a death sentence) if the woman WAS betrothed and thus this man stole her from her future, then he was to DIE. She would be considered sinless and her life would go on.

And it is for these reasons that few Jewish women (who were not possibly looking for a husband) went out alone and unprotected.

Now let’s look at the example of Dinah, who was raped, and what her brothers did in response before this law was written.

Genesis 34:13 and on, you might want to check it out. Circumsized and then murdered while in the pain of it...
Talk about a man’s worst nightmare.

I don’t know that God agreed with what Dinah’s brothers did, but God helped them escape after they did it. Which sort of gave a history to all men an idea of what might happen if you go about raping the daughters of a King.

God is not blind. No matter what happens on this planet, God is the final Judge of all actions on this planet. There is no injustice that doesn’t go unpunished, the only sin we do not feel wrath of are the sins that have already been paid for at the Cross, which has been offered to all, that all may reconcile with God, for we all have sinned.

Well, I'm going to beyond whether this is right or wrong. (Though that is a question too) I'm going to ask you whether you think it was wrong to put this in the bible?

If you say yes, you admit to the Bible being infallible, therefore either written by men or a sexist God.

If you say no, may God have mercy on your soul. :eusa_eh:

I'll be back :)

are you asking someone for advice??

good call, you are snookered.

Advice? No I just like to really read and research what I'm looking at. I have a lot of sources.

My answer is that it doesn’t matter what I think, what matters is what God said, and I will always agree with God.

First of all, marriage according to God is far more precious than how men hold it in the hardness of their hearts.

"For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’ So then, they are no longer two but one flesh."

If society would hold to this ideal, one man to every woman as God intended, there would be NO AIDS, no STDs, all of those lives that have been lost or polluted by our sexual immorality would be saved. There would be few fatherless children, if we obeyed God it would be a different world.

But go back to Deut. 22:25 If a man finds a woman alone in the countryside and rapes her, his punishment is death. She is without guilt because she could not be heard when she cried out (tried to stop him).

The chastity of a woman is of such great honor to be protected for her husband that the two may join and be one flesh, a sacred right, that a man that forces himself on a woman that cannot stop him is to DIE.

Deut 22:26 But if a woman who is not betrothed... Stop right here. In those days before she reaches maidenhood, a woman is usually betrothed. Therefore one who is not betrothed is already in dire circumstances because apparently nobody has asked for her.

This was probably of great shame in your average village. Something a woman would have a hard time living with, since the whole village would know and feel sorry for her.

So if a woman (that no one has offered to marry) is raped, the unwanted woman gains a husband who is now obligated to care for her FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

I wonder how many rapists today would rape their victims if their whole world saw to it that they took care of her for the rest of her days?

So you see, this isn’t likely to happen very often because if the man was so desperate for her that he would do such a thing, he could have offered to marry her in the first place. He is now sort of forced to marry the woman he didn’t have the gumption to ask for in the first place, thus securing for the woman, a man responsible to pay for EVERYTHING, and you can bet that whole town would be sure he obeyed the laws of how a man is to treat his wife.

Now if the woman (notice woman not child, for that would be a death sentence) if the woman WAS betrothed and thus this man stole her from her future, then he was to DIE. She would be considered sinless and her life would go on.

And it is for these reasons that few Jewish women (who were not possibly looking for a husband) went out alone and unprotected.

Now let’s look at the example of Dinah, who was raped, and what her brothers did in response before this law was written.

Genesis 34:13 and on, you might want to check it out. Circumsized and then murdered while in the pain of it...

I don’t know that God agreed with what Dinah’s brothers did, but God helped them escape after they did it. Which sort of gave a history to all men an idea of what might happen if you go about raping the daughters of a King.

God is not blind. No matter what happens on this planet, God is the final Judge of all actions on this planet. There is no injustice that doesn’t go unpunished, the only sin we do not feel wrath of are the sins that have already been paid for at the Cross, which has been offered to all, that all may reconcile with God, for we all have sinned.

You still think God wrote the bible huh? You have basically ignored all the other verses I showed. It doesn't matter if the man wants to care for her or not, what kind of sick fuck forces a rape victim to marry her rapist?

Besides, that rapist can now have sex with his brand new wife LEGALLY whether she likes it or not. How grand. :cuckoo:

Jen, you are seriously demented.
And you realize that you are still seeing women as no more than the property of men. If she is betrothed and raped he deserves death for stealing her virginity that another man was looking forward to taking. If she was an old maid, she could consider herself lucky because now she could get herself a hubby and he father would gain some cash and not have to worry about providing for her anymore. You are basically saying rape can be a good thing.

And you realize that you are still seeing women as no more than the property of men. If she is betrothed and raped he deserves death for stealing her virginity that another man was looking forward to taking. If she was an old maid, she could consider herself lucky because now she could get herself a hubby and he father would gain some cash and not have to worry about providing for her anymore. You are basically saying rape can be a good thing.

Seriously though, what kind of person makes a victim marry her rapist? Obviously demented.

Last edited:
Resorting to twisting words now? The Bible is not silly. Many of your accusations are.

So is this going to be it? Your best shot? Let me know and I"ll get back to you.

I'm not twisting your words. I want answers from you and you say my questions are silly things.

This is not some bullshit story, this is what the actual bible says. Not my fault it's sexist. :eusa_eh:

WHY do YOU want answers from HER on what YOU find foolish?

Doesn't make sense Robert....???

You don't care what her answer will be, so why in the heck should she kneel to you and do your research on finding out what those passages really mean TO YOU? She already knows what they mean to her...IT'S YOU who does not understand them and she will NEVER be able to help YOU with understanding them...ONLY YOU can do that Robert....on YOUR own....and only if it really matters to you will you do such...

My bet is that NONE of those questions really matter to you...

So why jump on this bashing bandwagon on to Jen? WHY? Does it make you feel superior Robert...an adult or something?

The cruelty of people on this board, with very little thought to the cruelty, is amazing to me..... sheesh....

And you guys NEVER can do it alone... you have to gang bang....even worse.

:confused:

Care

Bless your heart Care, that was kind of you! You touch me deeply thanks.

I'm sure what I've written will be twisted and mocked and whatever, but God said

"Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you." [Peter 3:15]

The problem is most of the asking is insincere, that's why I may or may not answer, depending.

But really, thank you for your concern.

Last edited:

You still think God wrote the bible huh? You have basically ignored all the other verses I showed. It doesn't matter if the man wants to care for her or not, what kind of sick fuck forces a rape victim to marry her rapist?

Besides, that rapist can now have sex with his brand new wife LEGALLY whether she likes it or not. How grand. :cuckoo:

It's seriously disturbing to me that a person could be in favor of rape.

Dude, that's YOUR interpretation, not mine. You cannot speak for me.

I happen to think that the joining of a man and a woman is something extremely spiritual, and I thought it was so funny that that was demonstrated on all shows SEINFELD.

Remember when Elaine and Jerry decided to have sex as friends? They couldn't do it. Something happens when a man and a woman join together. It goes beyond just the sport of it. And when you belittle it to that, you've lost something extremely precious. The problem is most of us don't even realize it.

Saving it for a man is not the issue. But when you join with a person under evil circumstances, that has a very debilitating effect. For both men and women.

Seriously though, what kind of person makes a victim marry her rapist? Obviously demented.
I guess I should not be surprised given all the other creepy things she has said but this is still quite shocking. No wonder her family worries about her, like she said they do.

I happen to think that the joining of a man and a woman is something extremely spiritual, and I thought it was so funny that that was demonstrated on all shows SEINFELD.

Remember when Elaine and Jerry decided to have sex as friends? They couldn't do it. Something happens when a man and a woman join together. It goes beyond just the sport of it. And when you belittle it to that, you've lost something extremely precious. The problem is most of us don't even realize it.

Saving it for a man is not the issue. But when you join with a person under evil circumstances, that has a very debilitating effect. For both men and women.
Jen, how can you possibly condone a father selling his daughter to the man who has raped her and on top of it condone that she will have no recourse to divorce?

Forget the sidestep to sitcoms, you have just tried to make a case where rape is not only excusable but commendable!!! You are more perverted than I originally thought.
I have no more words to express my disgust!!

well I love how you see what you want to see and skip the rest.

The culture of those days because of MEN and the hardness of their hearts as far as their treatment of women was and still is today the problem.

This is not the way God intended it to be.

Last edited:

Jen, how can you possibly condone a father selling his daughter to the man who has raped her and on top of it condone that she will have no recourse to divorce?

Forget the sidestep to sitcoms, you have just tried to make a case where rape is not only excusable but commendable!!! You are more perverted than I originally thought.
I have no more words to express my disgust!!

Those are the days of the Old Testament. I can't change them for you.

Women were treated badly and again, that was never God's intent.

All things are seen by Him and He will judge. Not me.

"And it is for these reasons that few Jewish women (who were not possibly looking for a husband) went out alone and unprotected."

So they asked to get raped? Hoping to entrap a man into marriage?

or, more likely, similar origins. The flood is not unique to jewish mythology. Neither are messiahs and afterlife consequences for actions. Just because hamurabi was the first guy to write down law doesn't mean our modern legal precedence validates his mythical beliefs. If ancient testimony is all it takes then why does the parthenon not validate the Greek pantheon?

Hammurabi king of Babylon?

Did you know that Assyriologists identify him with "Amraphel" one of the kings Abraham pursued to rescue Lot?

I thought that was fascinating.

All aboard Gilgamesh's Arc! The Flood's a comin!

Don't you know that Gilgamesh and his wife were the only humans to survive the Great Flood of Enki the creator?

nope never heard of them, sorry :)

"And it is for these reasons that few Jewish women (who were not possibly looking for a husband) went out alone and unprotected."

So they asked to get raped? Hoping to entrap a man into marriage?

Anguille, no, I'm sure no woman of that time asked to get raped.

I IMAGINE it was much like the Middle East is today. Women do not roam around the streets in certain areas unescorted.

I'm not going to justify the culture of the Old Testament or the Middle East today. It is what it is. I do know, though, that what Christ taught was extremely liberating to women of that time. There are passages giving equality to women that were UNHEARD OF in those days. We don't recognize it because it's so natural to us, but in those days, what Christ taught and what Paul preached was enough that people wanted to kill them, for those and many other reasons.

Robert, did you MISS the part where raping them is a forever bond?

That's a little bit different than the expectation of your modern rapist today.

It would make it a whole lot more likely he would go to a brothel than rape.

Robert, did you MISS the part where raping them is a forever bond?

That's a little bit different than the expectation of your modern rapist today.

It would make it a whole lot more likely he would go to a brothel than rape.

A forever bond? No victim wants to be bonded to her rapist.

You're making assumptions that could be very deadly for women. I'd suggest getting help.

Forum List

Back