An Obama supporter asks Republicans: Do you admire Mitt Romney?

No one's voting for Romney out of admiration. They are voting for him cause they hate the fact that a Democratic Black guy is in the white house.

That's a double dip for conservatives, who believe leadership is a birthright from god.

Why is it all about race for liberals? Is it racist when people scream racist at people not engaging in racism? :dunno:

I think the disconnect here is that conservatives don't get romantic over a political candidate, especially until they have proven themselves, which is an alien concept to the average Lefty who selects politicians based mostly on soaring, empty rhetoric and cute little dance moves.
Remember that the Dems/liberals/leftists all drank deeply of the Secular Messiah Kool-aid, and are -desperate- to save face.

I, personally, hope that the Obama's defeat will drive them all to Canada.

Romney is more liked than democrats want to admit so they have to hammer that Romney isn't wanted by republicans.

obama is going to be a one term president. Right now, the newest scandal is brewing due to his campaigning using taxpayer money and abandoning the duties of his office to campaign. obama has virtually stopped being president in favor of being a full time candidate. This isn't going to go turn out at all well. Every time the boss drops out of running the company it goes badly.

Then too he is about to suffer a couple of stunning defeats, the health care bill and the lawsuit against Arizona. Once the suit against Arizona fails, all the lawsuits filed against the other states will too. Then we can start totalling up how much these crazy lawsuits have cost. Both the federal government and the states.

To combat the perception that obama has stopped being president long ago, he will appear on various television shows designed to highlight how clever he is, what a great sense of humor he has and perhaps how well he can sing. But not at all what he is like as a leader. He believes that being cool is more necessary than being a leader.

I admire President Obama. I admire his intelligence, his competence, and his rationality and patience in the face of opponents who...well...let's just say they never quite signed on to the whole Earth being round thing. I find his attitudes and values similar to my own, and in many respects I find that he leads by example.

Do you, Romney supporters, feel the same way about your candidate? Does he inspire you? Are his values a higher example of your own?

I'm also curious, just in hindsight, whether you felt that way about George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. Are those your ideal "Americans"? If you've changed your mind about them, have you reached any conclusions about why you failed to see what the other half of the country saw about them immediately?

Returning to Romney, if you don't admire him, is it just that you hate Obama so much (three guesses why that hatred is so much more intense in the South) that anyone you think has a shot at beating him is acceptable?

Was it the same story with Al Gore in 2000 - you just hated him so much that peace and prosperity were too high a price to pay for having a Democrat in the White House?

Thanks for your input.
I found it impossible to admire a goddamned Marxist. Obama is a goddamned Marxist. Relatively speaking, I admire Romney infinitely more than do I Obama.

So, what do you admire Romney for?

I admire President Obama. I admire his intelligence, his competence, and his rationality and patience in the face of opponents who...well...let's just say they never quite signed on to the whole Earth being round thing. I find his attitudes and values similar to my own, and in many respects I find that he leads by example.

You are joking right? Obama is completely incompetent, totally lacking leadership, and your condescending bull shit shows that you aren't really serious about your question.

Do you, Romney supporters, feel the same way about your candidate? Does he inspire you? Are his values a higher example of your own?

No, I don't. Romney is the "anyone but Obama", and the reason he is is because Obama is exactly the opposite of the way you described him.

I'm also curious, just in hindsight, whether you felt that way about George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.

Nope.

Are those your ideal "Americans"?

Not even close, but compared to obama, they are Thomas Jefferson look-alikes.

If you've changed your mind about them, have you reached any conclusions about why you failed to see what the other half of the country saw about them immediately?

I never changed my mind. I knew that even though they were less than idea, they were a much better choice than Gore or Kerry. The other half of the country didn't see squat, they are just ignorant.

Returning to Romney, if you don't admire him, is it just that you hate Obama so much (three guesses why that hatred is so much more intense in the South) that anyone you think has a shot at beating him is acceptable?

Really? You might be stupid enough to think you can frame a question like that and get it past me, but I recognise it for the loaded question it is. I don't hate Obama I just want him out of office because he's a bigger threat to this country than radical Islam, and a bigger disaster than 9-11. He is the hater, he hates capitalism, he hates economic freedom and the private sector. Almost anyone with an "R" after their name is a better choice. Nice job on the race card....not.

Was it the same story with Al Gore in 2000 - you just hated him so much that peace and prosperity were too high a price to pay for having a Democrat in the White House?

Another moronic question. No wonder you are an obama supporter. No wonder you admire him.

I'm also curious, just in hindsight, whether you felt that way about George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. Are those your ideal "Americans"? If you've changed your mind about them, have you reached any conclusions about why you failed to see what the other half of the country saw about them immediately?

Thanks for your input.

You really think that Barack Obama "leads by example"? Is so...then why hasn't he tackled any of the tough spending cuts that we all know have to be made? Why can't he come up with a legitimate budget? Why does he spend so much of his time pointing fingers at others as the reason that "he" can't get anything done?

I'm sorry, Troubadour...but the reason I want to replace Barack Obama is that I don't think he's in the least bit "competent".

I want Romney in the Oval Office for several reasons. First and foremost, he understands business, something that is a glaring weakness of Barack Obama. Secondly, he has a history of working across the aisle to accomplish things...something that Obama has demonstrated absolutely NO aptitude for at all. Despite your thinly veiled (if you want to accuse Barry's detractors of being racists, Troubadour...which you obviously believe...have the balls to state so) accusations of racism being behind the hatred of Obama...the reason that most people don't like him as our President is that he has no solutions to our problems that don't include massive increases to an already out of control debt.

So far in my reading of this thread, you and Katzdogz are the only ones who have said something they admire Romney for. All others have been in full avoidance mode. That in itself tells us something. It really does.

Thanks for your input.

You really think that Barack Obama "leads by example"? Is so...then why hasn't he tackled any of the tough spending cuts that we all know have to be made? Why can't he come up with a legitimate budget? Why does he spend so much of his time pointing fingers at others as the reason that "he" can't get anything done?

I'm sorry, Troubadour...but the reason I want to replace Barack Obama is that I don't think he's in the least bit "competent".

I want Romney in the Oval Office for several reasons. First and foremost, he understands business, something that is a glaring weakness of Barack Obama. Secondly, he has a history of working across the aisle to accomplish things...something that Obama has demonstrated absolutely NO aptitude for at all. Despite your thinly veiled (if you want to accuse Barry's detractors of being racists, Troubadour...which you obviously believe...have the balls to state so) accusations of racism being behind the hatred of Obama...the reason that most people don't like him as our President is that he has no solutions to our problems that don't include massive increases to an already out of control debt.

So far in my reading of this thread, you and Katzdogz are the only ones who have said something they admire Romney for. All others have been in full avoidance mode. That in itself tells us something. It really does.
Yes. As I said: Obvious troll is obvious.

Thanks for your input.

Admire? I dunno... I admired my parents.... However I'm impressed by his business acumen, his philanthropy and he seems to be a devoted family man. Seems to me to be a pretty sharp guy.. but I'll hold off final judgment until after a few debates. With that said, unless he completely goes of the batshit crazy rail or something, I'll be voting for him.

Last edited:

Thanks for your input.

Avoidance? No. When you compare and contrast Obama and Romney, the differences should be glaring to any reasonable person and go without saying. Without spending a lot of time repeating what others have said, I'll just go with a ditto to Oldstyle's post. That and the fact that I think Romney can relate more to the common American than Obama can as he never spent any time gaining the American "experience" until he was 18 and moved here to go to college. Romney attended public school, worked odd jobs and spent time riding a bicycle and living out of a daypack and eating out of cans while on his mission. The fact that he was successful as a self made millionaire is to be admired and emulated, not used as a reason to dislike him. The whole class warfare thing is silly. Why are we lifting up failure and average as desireable examples instead of success and excellence?

So....are you saying that to ask what people admire about Romney is....trolling?

Now, THAT'S an interesting take.

Admire? I dunno... I admired my parents.... However I'm impressed by his business acumen, his philanthropy and he seems to be a devoted family man. Seems to me to be a pretty sharp guy.. but I'll hold off final judgment until after a few debates. With that said, unless he completely goes of the batshit crazy rail or something, I'll be voting for him.

OK, now you've shown something you admire Romney for. Thank you for not avoiding it.

So....are you saying that to ask what people admire about Romney is....trolling?
No. Read my original post regarding same. It references the supposed admiration of the OP, a line of BS necessary to gain the 'moral high ground' within the topic.
Obvious troll is Obvious.

Avoidance? No. When you compare and contrast Obama and Romney, the differences should be glaring to any reasonable person and go without saying. Without spending a lot of time repeating what others have said, I'll just go with a ditto to Oldstyle's post. That and the fact that I think Romney can relate more to the common American than Obama can as he never spent any time gaining the American "experience" until he was 18 and moved here to go to college. Romney attended public school, worked odd jobs and spent time riding a bicycle and living out of a daypack and eating out of cans while on his mission. The fact that he was successful as a self made millionaire is to be admired and emulated, not used as a reason to dislike him. The whole class warfare thing is silly. Why are we lifting up failure and average as desireable examples instead of success and excellence?

Another one who finally addresses what they admire about Romney.

No. Read my original post regarding same. It references the supposed admiration of the OP, a line of BS necessary to gain the 'moral high ground' within the topic.

I admire Obama and what he has accomplished to get where he is today too. By having that opinion, does that make ME a troll to you?

I admire Obama and what he has accomplished to get where he is today too. By having that opinion, does that make ME a troll to you?
No. It makes you brain dead.
:lol:

Bod, you're all over this board everyday. Quit acting like you've never seen anyone who has stated why they like Romney. Just take a look around.

He isn't Gingrich or Santorum........:lol:

Thanks for your input.

What it should "tell you", Bodecea...is that the level of unhappiness with Barack Obama is so high that it overshadows the candidate running for the GOP. People may be wishy-washy on their enthusiasm for Mitt Romney but their dislike of what they've gotten from the past three years with Barry trumps that completely.

Mitt Romney is competent. Barack Obama isn't. One has a lifetime of successful leadership in both the private sector and the public sector and the other is a poster child for how far affirmative action can take a rather mediocre individual. And to stave off the "howls" of protest from Barry's disciples, I'll ask one simple question to back that statement up. Can any of you name a single thing that Barack Obama has done professionally since graduating from Harvard Law School that would fit the defininition of extraordinary? Either as a lawyer...or as a professor...or as a legislator? Just give me one defining thing that should have made us vote for him in the first place.

I don't think you can...the reason being...Barry's led a charmed life since getting the President of the Harvard Law Review handed to him. He gets Nobel Peace Prizes just for showing up at the Oval Office. He get's six figure book deals when anyone who read any of his college writing would laugh at the notion that would ever happen. He get's legislation handed to him to sign his name on by first Emile Jones and then the Democrats in the US Senate because he doesn't have the ability to write good legislation himself. This is a man who has to lie awake in bed some nights and pinch himself over where he is and what he's doing. He's the most powerful man on the planet and he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. It's really quite extraordinary.

Last edited:

Thanks for your input.

The most telling part of your post is what you have omitted...

You do not admire his leadership abilities...

Funny, that.

Forum List

Back