An Obama supporter asks Republicans: Do you admire Mitt Romney?

donteatdog.jpg

Hindu's say that cows are not food. You are a terrible person if you have ever eaten beef.

Yes, but we are Americans.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

I admire President Obama. I admire his intelligence, his competence, and his rationality and patience in the face of opponents who...well...let's just say they never quite signed on to the whole Earth being round thing. I find his attitudes and values similar to my own, and in many respects I find that he leads by example.

Do you, Romney supporters, feel the same way about your candidate? Does he inspire you? Are his values a higher example of your own?

I'm also curious, just in hindsight, whether you felt that way about George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. Are those your ideal "Americans"? If you've changed your mind about them, have you reached any conclusions about why you failed to see what the other half of the country saw about them immediately?

Returning to Romney, if you don't admire him, is it just that you hate Obama so much (three guesses why that hatred is so much more intense in the South) that anyone you think has a shot at beating him is acceptable?

Was it the same story with Al Gore in 2000 - you just hated him so much that peace and prosperity were too high a price to pay for having a Democrat in the White House?

Thanks for your input.

You really think that Barack Obama "leads by example"? Is so...then why hasn't he tackled any of the tough spending cuts that we all know have to be made? Why can't he come up with a legitimate budget? Why does he spend so much of his time pointing fingers at others as the reason that "he" can't get anything done?

I'm sorry, Troubadour...but the reason I want to replace Barack Obama is that I don't think he's in the least bit "competent".

I want Romney in the Oval Office for several reasons. First and foremost, he understands business, something that is a glaring weakness of Barack Obama. Secondly, he has a history of working across the aisle to accomplish things...something that Obama has demonstrated absolutely NO aptitude for at all. Despite your thinly veiled (if you want to accuse Barry's detractors of being racists, Troubadour...which you obviously believe...have the balls to state so) accusations of racism being behind the hatred of Obama...the reason that most people don't like him as our President is that he has no solutions to our problems that don't include massive increases to an already out of control debt.

No one's voting for Romney out of admiration. They are voting for him cause they hate the fact that a Democratic Black guy is in the white house.

That's a double dip for conservatives, who believe leadership is a birthright from god.
Typical liberal projection. The fact that Obama is half black has nothing to do with my opposition to his being in our government. Obama is a goddamned Marxist and I hate Marxism.

Take your silly race card and play somewhere else.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. You are a SICK man.

Why would Obama want a classless society? How would that benefit him personally? I think you are confused about the definition of Marxism. Wanting to create greater opportunity for those who have the least certainly does not equate to Marxism.

No one's voting for Romney out of admiration. They are voting for him cause they hate the fact that a Democratic Black guy is in the white house.

That's a double dip for conservatives, who believe leadership is a birthright from god.
Typical liberal projection. The fact that Obama is half black has nothing to do with my opposition to his being in our government. Obama is a goddamned Marxist and I hate Marxism.

Why would Obama want a classless society? How would that benefit him personally? I think you are confused about the definition of Marxism. Wanting to create greater opportunity for those who have the least certainly does not equate to Marxism.

Obama wants to create greater opportunities? Lol what a crock of shit.

He creates greater govt dependence, nothing more. He feeds you lines of bullshit and you buy it like a pig in the mud.

The Obama does not want to create great opportunity for those that have the least, He wants to gain and maintain as much personal and partisan political power as possible by, in part, promising to provide means to those who have the least by taking from those who have more.

I hate Obama because he eats house pets.

Lies like that don't count.

But, endlessly repeating the same lies about President Obama is a great way to cover up the lies that Mittens tells almost every single day.

That's the real problem with trying to find something to like or admire about Mittens - he lies. If we judge him by his own words and his own actions, there is only one possible conclusion : the man does not have an honest bone in his body.

Obama doesn't lie? He sat in a church for 20 years, admired his pastor and yet never heard him utter a racist word? Every bill would be on the internet for everyone to read 48 hours before the bill is signed. Didn't he say he'd close Gitmo? What about his telling us during the campaign to require businesses to give employees seven days of sick days a year? Do you remember how he claimed that it was unprecedented that he went to every department and asked them to cut duplicate or useless programs? What about this promise, Expand the Family Medical Leave Act to include leave for domestic violence or sexual assault, never done, does Obama hate women? Or what about Changing federal rules so small businesses owned by people with disabilities can get preferential treatment for federal contracts. Have we heard what happen to the promise to allow bankruptcy judges to modify terms of a home mortgage? What about his supporting man moon missions by 2020, isn't NASA pretty much dead? What about Pay for the national service plan without increasing the deficit? Whoops!!

That's the real problem with trying to find something to like or admire about Obama - he lies. If we judge him by his own words and his own actions, there is only one possible conclusion : the man does not have an honest bone in his body.

I admire President Obama. I admire his intelligence, his competence, and his rationality and patience in the face of opponents who...well...let's just say they never quite signed on to the whole Earth being round thing. I find his attitudes and values similar to my own, and in many respects I find that he leads by example.
Do you, Romney supporters, feel the same way about your candidate? Does he inspire you? Are his values a higher example of your own?

I'm also curious, just in hindsight, whether you felt that way about George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. Are those your ideal "Americans"? If you've changed your mind about them, have you reached any conclusions about why you failed to see what the other half of the country saw about them immediately?

Returning to Romney, if you don't admire him, is it just that you hate Obama so much (three guesses why that hatred is so much more intense in the South) that anyone you think has a shot at beating him is acceptable?

Was it the same story with Al Gore in 2000 - you just hated him so much that peace and prosperity were too high a price to pay for having a Democrat in the White House?

Thanks for your input.

This alone tells me you're either:

a. A hopeless hack
b. Irrevocably delusional
c. Both.

Thanks for your input.

This alone tells me you're either:

a. A hopeless hack
b. Irrevocably delusional
c. Both.

Or just a really sad individual who is EASILY misled.

Thanks for your input.

Whatever kind of dope you're smoking, I'd like a hit. :uhoh3:

I hate Obama because he eats house pets.

Lies like that don't count.

But, endlessly repeating the same lies about President Obama is a great way to cover up the lies that Mittens tells almost every single day.

That's the real problem with trying to find something to like or admire about Mittens - he lies. If we judge him by his own words and his own actions, there is only one possible conclusion : the man does not have an honest bone in his body.

Obama doesn't lie? He sat in a church for 20 years, admired his pastor and yet never heard him utter a racist word? Every bill would be on the internet for everyone to read 48 hours before the bill is signed. Didn't he say he'd close Gitmo? What about his telling us during the campaign to require businesses to give employees seven days of sick days a year? Do you remember how he claimed that it was unprecedented that he went to every department and asked them to cut duplicate or useless programs? What about this promise, Expand the Family Medical Leave Act to include leave for domestic violence or sexual assault, never done, does Obama hate women? Or what about Changing federal rules so small businesses owned by people with disabilities can get preferential treatment for federal contracts. Have we heard what happen to the promise to allow bankruptcy judges to modify terms of a home mortgage? What about his supporting man moon missions by 2020, isn't NASA pretty much dead? What about Pay for the national service plan without increasing the deficit? Whoops!!

That's the real problem with trying to find something to like or admire about Obama - he lies. If we judge him by his own words and his own actions, there is only one possible conclusion : the man does not have an honest bone in his body.
The Obama ran against GWB's policies, arguing that these policies made him a terrible President and harmed the US in innumerable ways.

Since taking office, The Obama haas continued, if not expanded, most of these policies.

Thus, by His own argument, The Obama is a worse President than GWB and continues to harm the US in innumerable ways.

Yet, the Liberals/democtrats/leftists admire him - for, apparently, little reason other than He is a Democrat and a Black man.

Last edited:

The Obama does not want to create great opportunity for those that have the least, He wants to gain and maintain as much personal and partisan political power as possible by, in part, promising to provide means to those who have the least by taking from those who have more.

obama does not want to help the poor get out of poverty and into successful productivity. He wants to put more people into poverty and increase what he believes is his base. Povety can be maintained as long as the poor have some level of comfort.

I am finding that those people saying "Anyone but Obama" are getting their wish. Unfortunately for them, it leaves them with a rather bland, undesirable choice they avoid saying admirable things about....because they can't think of anything.

Thanks for your input.

From the responses of the right you quite obviously make a very valid point.

Even the GOP is not excited by Romney, he's basically an 'also ran' for 2012.

Why is it all about race for liberals? Is it racist when people scream racist at people not engaging in racism? :dunno:

Thanks for your input.

So you admire crony payoffs, A justice department that is no longer color blind, the same justice dept that only enforces their brand of justice. An admin that is guilty of accessory. to murder. A man that lies constantly.

Why are you an American again?

Why is it all about race for liberals? Is it racist when people scream racist at people not engaging in racism? :dunno:

I think the disconnect here is that conservatives don't get romantic over a political candidate, especially until they have proven themselves, which is an alien concept to the average Lefty who selects politicians based mostly on soaring, empty rhetoric and cute little dance moves.

For the 10 trillionth time. It's ideology, not skin color. But I see why you have to turn the proverbial table since O sat in a racist black theology atmosphere for so many years. Basically, racism is your desperation card and y'all are mailing it out en masse. No one expects O to focus on the horrid economy, high unemployment with so many failed policies and scandals littering the landscape.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back