America's Teacher Shortage "Worse Than We Thought"

As median IQ declines, (African & Latin minority) test results will, in kind. As results drop, standards are reduced...for sake of 'diversity'.
Why...really? You can't teach <90 IQ kids concepts which were developed for children with >100 IQs. Why? Well, for one thing they can't understand the shit. Also, teaching, as with any other profession, though infected with unions, is still results driven. Those test scores, combined with graduation rates, are metrics which their success or failure is determined by.
So...you lower requirements. It's a downward spiral.
Combine that with lowered compensation for educators (which tends to attract lower quality applicants), and you have a recipe for disaster.

If you have trophies (AKA children, or Keeeerds), get an extra job or take on more hours. Send them to a private school which adheres to higher standards. However, if they are an idiot (be honest with yourself), send them with the other idiots to public school, and get a Corvette.

teachers should be paid as much as doctors. its just as important a job!
And burger flippers and fry cooks should be paid as much as teachers? Do they get the summer off and 2 weeks at Christmas and Easter Break?

Let's start with hourly workers vs. salaried workers. See if you can just wrap your head around that, for starters

That was a very long-winded way of saying that "No, I have not been in a school since they threw me out for being an incorrigible dumbass!"

I had 21 years in the schools. Why should anyone believe your fantasies over my facts?
This ain’t a republican town this ain’t the 1970’s

WTF does the 70s have do with anything?

So you admit, finally. that the Democrats in your city are responsible for the shitty inner city schools and not the Education Department? If so, it took you a long time to come to that realization after I had already spelled it out for you.
I think the DOE needs to be shut down.. thanks
Why would the Dept. of Energy be shut down?
Why are you so angry lol? Do you have any substance to add??
Why do you say I am angry?

teachers should be paid as much as doctors. its just as important a job!
And burger flippers and fry cooks should be paid as much as teachers? Do they get the summer off and 2 weeks at Christmas and Easter Break?

Let's start with hourly workers vs. salaried workers. See if you can just wrap your head around that, for starters
So when a teacher enters the work force, do they agree with the terms of employment before or after they start work? Is there a gun shoved into their face making them work for such low wages? Just like with hourly employees no one is forcing anyone to do something they dont want, unless the person is a moron, which I have found out, many vote for the Democrap Party.

This ain’t a republican town this ain’t the 1970’s

WTF does the 70s have do with anything?

So you admit, finally. that the Democrats in your city are responsible for the shitty inner city schools and not the Education Department? If so, it took you a long time to come to that realization after I had already spelled it out for you.
I think the DOE needs to be shut down.. thanks
Why would the Dept. of Energy be shut down?
Why are you so angry lol? Do you have any substance to add??
Why do you say I am angry?
Really? Haha

As median IQ declines, (African & Latin minority) test results will, in kind. As results drop, standards are reduced...for sake of 'diversity'.
Why...really? You can't teach <90 IQ kids concepts which were developed for children with >100 IQs. Why? Well, for one thing they can't understand the shit. Also, teaching, as with any other profession, though infected with unions, is still results driven. Those test scores, combined with graduation rates, are metrics which their success or failure is determined by.
So...you lower requirements. It's a downward spiral.

Combine that with lowered compensation for educators (which tends to attract lower quality applicants), and you have a recipe for disaster.

If you have trophies (AKA children, or Keeeerds), get an extra job or take on more hours. Send them to a private school which adheres to higher standards. However, if they are an idiot (be honest with yourself), send them with the other idiots to public school, and get a Corvette.

This is the reason why. Look at the SATs, they now have 4 choices to choose from instead of 5 (making it easier to get the right answer) and they don't lose points for wrong answers. We're completely dumbing down the system because there are 2 ways to get results form school with test scores: have the kids keep getting the scores (while battling this epidemic of entitlement), or dumbing down the requirements.

This new report by the Economic Policy Institute implies that low pay is the biggest contributor to the ongoing (and worsening) teacher shortage. But in my opinion, the comments on the article below tell the story. It's lack of respect and severe discipline problems that seem intractable.

We as a society must determine if the behavior problems in our schools ARE intractable or not. Right now, it's a non-story: the media chooses to chase after RUSSIA! and other squirrels. So classrooms go without teachers, teachers are leaving in droves, and young people are not going into education.

By the time everyone notices the problem, it will be beyond too late.

America's teacher shortage, driven by low pay, is 'worse than we thought'

To add to this thread: a new report by the Economic Policy Institute. It's a perfect storm of terrible factors, and NOT mostly based on low pay for teachers. Challenging school climates and the mental, emotional, and PHYSICAL toll teaching takes on teachers these days is causing good teachers to leave the professions AND encouraging them to advise younger people not to go into it.

It's a downward spiral, iow. Not sure how you fix this. I worry about it every day. I think it's just part of larger cultural rot.

Challenging working environments (“school climates”), especially in high-poverty schools, play a role in the teacher shortage: The fourth report in “The Perfect Storm in the Teacher Labor Market” series

To add to this thread: a new report by the Economic Policy Institute. It's a perfect storm of terrible factors, and NOT mostly based on low pay for teachers. Challenging school climates and the mental, emotional, and PHYSICAL toll teaching takes on teachers these days is causing good teachers to leave the professions AND encouraging them to advise younger people not to go into it.

It's a downward spiral, iow. Not sure how you fix this. I worry about it every day. I think it's just part of larger cultural rot.

Challenging working environments (“school climates”), especially in high-poverty schools, play a role in the teacher shortage: The fourth report in “The Perfect Storm in the Teacher Labor Market” series

Kids minds are now wired for YouTube and games. A teacher is a human and has a hard time competing with technology. That's part of the issue ad well as lack of parenting

Those who can do the job do it.
Those who can't teach.
Weakest argument ever.
Those that are clueless, vote for trump, and actually believe he cares.

Works both ways fucktard (gulfman).

Forum List

Back