Field Day

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Remember Field Day? My oldest son's school had Field Day today, and it was great! With the families and all there were over a thousand people all enjoying a perfect spring day. The kids competed (yes, competed - kept score with winners and losers and everything), in races and tug-of-war and all the classics (plus some new twists).

At the end of the day, one team was declared the winner - and no one crumbled into Thanos-snap dust over the trauma of losing, and by the time everyone left there was not one scrap of trash - not one tiny bit of paper even - left on the field (a local high school's sports field). It was considerably cleaner than when everyone started arriving at 8 this morning.

I apologize for a bit of good news. Don't let me distract from everyone hating each other and everything in the world.

Remember Field Day? My oldest son's school had Field Day today, and it was great! With the families and all there were over a thousand people all enjoying a perfect spring day. The kids competed (yes, competed - kept score with winners and losers and everything), in races and tug-of-war and all the classics (plus some new twists).

At the end of the day, one team was declared the winner - and no one crumbled into Thanos-snap dust over the trauma of losing, and by the time everyone left there was not one scrap of trash - not one tiny bit of paper even - left on the field (a local high school's sports field). It was considerably cleaner than when everyone started arriving at 8 this morning.

I apologize for a bit of good news. Don't let me distract from everyone hating each other and everything in the world.

Good they had fun to i bet ....no one asked anyone how they felt about their gender preferences did they ? :20: :10:
you friggin freaks!
Field day in elementary school was Awesome !

my sixth grade class everyone said we were gonna lose..... come in last ...I crushed it in soccer scored twice
i was also on the tug of war we won
we had a big fat retard as anchor HOW could we lose ..they got that super human retard strength.
back then they were still throwing most retards and special kids in with us ANIMALS

I wasn't in running or hurdles ...
we swept almost every game

I can remember it almost like its yesterday
they even had a skully match which is an urban thing ...i didn't get to play

I call blasties are OK

as a kid we could play skully from morning to sundown
as a kid i taught the local kids by my uncles how to play the neighbor had a perfect smooth flat driveway

light bottle caps
you would melt wax in some of them
for blasties you pull out a bottle cap with pennies covered in melted wax

My school had field day earlier in the month. Unfortunately it's not competitive and we do not keep score. It's mostly water activities like running while carrying wet sponges over their heads or passing leaking buckets to each other. Clark County is typically hot as hell this time of year so water activities are suitable. We still do some typical activities like jump ropes and potato sack races, though.

I wish it was more competitive, though. It would be great to start kids early on wanting to be winners rather than just passively participating.

My school had field day earlier in the month. Unfortunately it's not competitive and we do not keep score. It's mostly water activities like running while carrying wet sponges over their heads or passing leaking buckets to each other. Clark County is typically hot as hell this time of year so water activities are suitable. We still do some typical activities like jump ropes and potato sack races, though.

I wish it was more competitive, though. It would be great to start kids early on wanting to be winners rather than just passively participating.

This was unapologetically competitive, and the kids had a blast accordingly. One event had all the kids in two groups at far ends of the field with a bunch of tires lined up on what would be the 50 yard-line. On the whistle all the kids raced in to see which side could grab the most tires and bring them back to their end. At one point, one kid from one side grabbed a tire before three boys from the other side grabbed it and dragged him all the way down the field to their side. The kid was a trooper, and refused to let go. All the parents enjoyed the spectacle.

Forum List

Back