America's Freedom of Religion?

Mike Dwight

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2017
People familiar with me posting here are aware of a particular genre I'm posting under. Hopefully I'm always growing wiser and educated on the subject as well. Do Americans have any idea what is up with the American Presbyterian Church? Is it that, the ultimate challenge to the 1st Amendment and freedom of Religion has to be trounced?
Presbyterian is from 1560 Scotland. Presbyterianism was ratified the supported/accepted/Established church by 1560 Parliament. Financial straits would lead Scotland to reduce such governmental abilities forming the United Kingdom in 1702. This is the timeperiod of most English and Scottish immigration to form the huge majority of the British Colony and also the American United States without substantial immigration until the 1830s or 40s. Scots Americans were about half the signers of the Declaration of Independence. President Andrew Jackson serving under Reformed religion and a "reformed government" naturally defended the state agenda over a United agenda. I mean we can see these mindsets spilling over from the United Kingdom naturally. General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson in the same spirit led militia defenses as the major actor in the Civil War. When America came together to represent the Confederacy, as was an active political establishment and ideology Within the United States from its founding until the 1900s, they chose a Doctoral Theologian and the leading theologian of all Presbyterianism, the Church founder and President of Princeton, Woodrow Wilson.

I find it entirely conspiratorial, perhaps openly so, that a reasonable, respondant to reason, idea and politics of government and religion, would be toppled so quickly between 1950 and to today. The Presbyterian Church today will Acknowledge the existence of all these things. However, to be liberal is to allow off a starting position, its not Liberal to preach everything as certain that is Not what was the Presbyterian foundation. Instead, American big government is pulling the strings. Let me explain.

In 1885 the frustrated Presbyterians sent a mission to, then, the Kingdom of Korea. The mission in this timeperiod highlighted traditional things that Scotland voluntarily agrees with from the Protestant Reformation period with England. Thus was, Gentleman and Ladies, sacred homelife, pure Scripture Alone, absolute depravity if without God's guidance at all times. Also uniquely Scottish things, I won't use later words maligned and dirtied, but why not read racial segregation, and prejudice. Auld Lang Syne became an inspirational tune for the Korean Aegukga, and the South Korean government will point you directly to liberty activist Ahn Chang Ho. Auld Lang Syne originally in old Scottish , maintains the words in Scottish that describe concepts uniquely Scottish, like the word Bonnie in Bonnie Blue Flag. Isn't it possible, in all places and times, the native peoples of the world should be free from big government and these forces alone have symbols?

When General Eisenhower became president and was thoroughly done liberating the world for Liberty, he became a Presbyterian in office, "but I want a Church that stands for Liberty Goddammit". I believe that's a literal phrase, what a little sheepie. What a parishioner. Becoming Presbyterian in office, we see the Presbyterian Church became temporal rather than immortal, and theres some kind of, Revolution of United Presbyterian Church at this point in 1958 in which all American Presbyterians were joined with. Well one thing's for sure, when both Koreans and Americans are now invested in the process of Korean American immigration, the first English Words from a Korean Americans mouth, the first things really, the entire United States will have to judge the Korean American by, any sort of independent choice of works, will be some antiquated, unsupported, disgraced thing due to President Eisenhower. I see how the community interested in this topic points to his "Military Industrial Complex" speech, somehow Dixie also a "Military Industrial Complex". I see them pointing at the joke in Gods and Generals movie, the Scotsman wanted to marry the native woman from Okinawa military base, what a jokester. Anyway, what our your opinions on these far reaching moves and countermoves? President Eisenhower, under Presbyterianism, put "Under God, One Nation indivisible" for all school children to pledge! In God We Trust on money, is from a Star Spangled Banner that only gained patriotic mainstream in the 1930's. The Statue of Liberty and Lincoln's pew from which he spoke on it from, are of course Civil War symbols. I mean that, the political and focus point of these actions are made clear enough. However, it sure seems like dumping on the Korean Church, which of course is not responsible for UPDATES every few years from a Roman Vatican. Hear ye, updates. Version 2.0

This liberal tenet is a much loved freedom to a so called conservative. But they can't be a conservative if they support liberal ideology...So the paradigm of the so called left and right, liberal and conservatives are just perversions of previous nomenclature for political ideologies...
Religion would have no freedom if conservatives won the War for Independence.

• Banned
Totally correct, I'm repeating, the jargon that we use to be descriptive, or used to be descriptive, is gaining reverse meanings. You know the African American party is the Democrats from Andrew Jackson, large slave owner and states autonomy proponent, perhaps a recovered concept in the Democratic Non-demagogue Athenian Democratic principles of the time leading then to non-landed suffrage a kind of Universale suffrage, leading to our Democrat party today and its ideas on full citizen participation.

Ya, reminds me I was playing Victoria 2, now of course, from a British Publisher's point of view, covering the Civil War, all americans are liberals, right?! I mean I kept getting these Anarcho-Liberals rebellions. Now the certain Confederate position was the God of their Fathers , being Brits, was Presbyterians and Anglicans/Presbyterians. Lincoln's position was an ecumenical non-denominational position of, 'aren't we all praying to the same God'. A 200 year guidepost on Confederates was George Washington, what did people expect to hear from a doggedly trained Reformation-era Anglican? Very typical stuff, I dare someone to point out these Deistic and Enlightenment quotes when he pursued the full rights of "Englishman".

I guess the Conservative Eisenhower pursued Civil Rights legislation with a double-down on the Lincoln position and the Liberal Kennedy pursued Civil Rights legislation, by appealing to a new order of things. Either way, that's rather oppressive to be fooling with the Definitions of religions.

We just have a dark hole around Confederate history not being American history, that's all there is to that. How come my education fell short on Huge events like the English Civil War, which the confederates drew on heavily? How come my education fell short on the 1780 to 1865 debates on Union or Confederate government throughout the government at all times? Besides Conservatives are just defending the "Freedoms" as they feel like from Lincoln's timeperiod. We all have government for the people, by the people, that says marriage probably decided within Christendom by 400 ad Chalcedonian counsel, can be between two men for instance, but no never, never would these same 'freedom lovers' equate it with a sultan's harem and hospital visitation for the 30 wives he abused or what? Or sorry, burned to take with him, or whatever. Let echo for all time, Lincoln's, its a Church or whatever, its one House undivided too, all slave or all , free, ya. The Presbyterian Church took over the government of Scotland, its the Covenanters period, which the Confederate Scotsmen referenced in the Bonnie Blue Flag, for the Reformed religion in the kingdoms of England, Scotland and Ireland. I hardly see how such natural conclusions are avoided, plus they'll call the antebellum southern person irreligious, religion could have only come afterward. Jefferson Davis thoroughly proved what "All Men are Created Equal" meant in the Independence declaration, including the detainment of Slaves, no one cares. Same thing about this freedom of Religion Clause 1st Amendment, that's what the Lincoln folks will do. What, in the 1776 year of our Lord AD, Orthodox, Catholics, Reformed Presbyterians alone and the wishy washy inbetween Anglican, vied for total control of a Catholic Universal European Church, alone. That was the "freedom of religion" not cannibus church Saturdays, aw, we almost got charity status.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back