Americans Fall In Love With Obamacare As New Poll Shows Growing ACA Support

Missourian, our poll is three to four months out of date, yes?

Yes, but that doesn't make it wrong, or this one right. That's why an average of polls is the best way to smooth outliers. There are also -10 points of difference between the USA Today poll that was earlier and the Quinnipiac Poll.

Add this one to the average.
Of course it makes yours out of date and this one right at this time

Not at all, this one looks exactly like the USA Today numbers. Either they were wrong before, or the other polls were wrong after...and either way it discredits the veracity of any stand alone poll.

I get that you guys WANT these numbers to be taken at face value, but logic dictates that they should not be. And the same would be true if the numbers were the other way around...except these other posters would be arguing my side if that were indeed the case.

If you are taking the stand that only trends give a true indication of actual voter sentiments then the RCP trends point exactly to where the OP poll is today.

Why are you surprised that the trends are going this way? It was inevitable that they would cross at some point and the OP poll indicates that we have reached that point.

If you look at all the data, the trend has actually been relatively flat. Roughly 40% for and 50% against.

Let's wait for the next two or three polls...if they stay in the positive, then you'll have a trend.

Right now, this is an outlier. That doesn't mean it won't become mainstream...but for the moment, it is not.

You cited a poll from USA Today. The most recent one I was able to find was from April. Is that the one you meant, or can you post a more current one?

Yes, but that doesn't make it wrong, or this one right. That's why an average of polls is the best way to smooth outliers. There are also -10 points of difference between the USA Today poll that was earlier and the Quinnipiac Poll.

Not at all, this one looks exactly like the USA Today numbers. Either they were wrong before, or the other polls were wrong after...and either way it discredits the veracity of any stand alone poll.

I get that you guys WANT these numbers to be taken at face value, but logic dictates that they should not be. And the same would be true if the numbers were the other way around...except these other posters would be arguing my side if that were indeed the case.

If you are taking the stand that only trends give a true indication of actual voter sentiments then the RCP trends point exactly to where the OP poll is today.

Why are you surprised that the trends are going this way? It was inevitable that they would cross at some point and the OP poll indicates that we have reached that point.

If you look at all the data, the trend has actually been relatively flat. Roughly 40% for and 50% against.

Let's wait for the next two or three polls...if they stay in the positive, then you'll have a trend.

Right now, this is an outlier. That doesn't mean it won't become mainstream...but for the moment, it is not.
Then be careful in suggesting opinions are not changing.

No, the trends have not been "relatively flat" at all. This is what they actually look like at RCP.

upload_2015-10-10_14-38-33.png

Anyone can see that from 12/5/2013 to know there has been a trend away from opposing the ACA and trend towards supporting Obamacare.

The latest poll indicates that those two lines are in the process of crossing over.

Policousa is a commie website folks.

don't you love how they claim PEOPLE are IN LOVE with the new government entitlement? I guess they would be when they aren't paying anything for it and being subsidized by taxpayers.

how sick is that propaganda. now you be LOVING that government
Ah, there she is - as predicted in Post 2. You're late. Missourian beat you to it.

BTW, did you ever get around to checking out the information I gave you here: 17.6 million Americans gained health insurance through law | Page 7 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Of course, the key provisions of Obamacare have overwhelming support among the US population.

The reason Obamacare is opposed more is because of idiots who don't understand what the law is and does.

Of course, the key provisions of Obamacare have overwhelming support among the US population.

The reason Obamacare is opposed more is because of idiots who don't understand what the law is and does.
oh yeah, that must be it. if it's that freaking complicated why did they pass something like that on us? hell the idiot democrats couldn't get a gawddam website up and running and you have the nerve to call other idiots who doesn't understand it.

I think gruber was actually talking about you

if it's that freaking complicated...

It's not complicated.

You can either get health insurance on your own, through a broker, or through one of the exchanges (like the one I linked to for you twice but which you're afraid to click on).

Why do you find that complicated?

The ubeducated, immoral and insane masses also supported Hitler, Stalin, and Abraham Lincoln (among others).

no kidding. I'm afraid we aren't that far off in this country. it's been sad watching them give up their freedoms bit by bit because of someone like Obama, who LIED in their face to pass it. But I guess that's why it is becoming more LOVED everyday. people enjoy being LIED TO

like I said that is a commie website. you should have seen how they crowed about having put in someone like Obama.

It's not complicated.

You can either get health insurance on your own, through a broker, or through one of the exchanges (like the one I linked to for you twice but which you're afraid to click on).

I'm not the idiot who said it. talk to one of your buddies the3idiots. he's as ugly as you are in the way you talk down to people because you know everything and if we should question that omg. I have nothing more to say to you . see ya
get that folks: we have Arainhold and the 3idiots. how funny

It's not complicated.

I'm not the idiot who said it.

You said (right there in the post I quoted) "If it's that freaking complicated..."

Did you forget you posted that?

It's not complicated.

Do you have health insurance? If you do, that's great. If you don't, I can help you navigate the process.

oh yeah, that must be it. if it's that freaking complicated why did they pass something like that on us? hell the idiot democrats couldn't get a gawddam website up and running and you have the nerve to call other idiots who doesn't understand it.

Actually, my guess is that you are the exact type of idiot I was talking about.

Actually, my guess is that you are the exact type of idiot I was talking about.

we have many snobs around here you can just get in line. And go love you some Government

Last edited:

It's not complicated.

When 4 of 5 getting it through the Obamacare exchanges get a subsidy to be able to afford it, they aren't getting it on their own. Honorable, hardworking people are forced to fund the subsidies for the leeches.

this is the slick sick propaganda being fed to the people

they throw in the word LOVE. and it's about the Federal Government as if you should all be thankful and grateful they exist for you.

sick

It's not complicated.

When 4 of 5 getting it through the Obamacare exchanges get a subsidy to be able to afford it, they aren't getting it on their own. Honorable, hardworking people are forced to fund the subsidies for the leeches.
When you get it through your company, you are a leech because you are forcing honorable, hardworking companies to fund it for leeches like you.

It's not complicated.

When you get it through your company, you are a leech because you are forcing honorable, hardworking companies to fund it for leeches like you.

Besides being a fucking stupid statement from a definite moron, it's totally inaccurate. My employer offers it to me as compensation for what I do. They value my skills. I didn't ask them for it, they offered it to me retard. Too bad you don't have skills enough for an employer to do the same for you. Continue to live off the government and hard workers like me thinking it's owed to you.

It's not complicated.

Besides being a fucking stupid statement from a definite moron, it's totally inaccurate. My employer offers it to me as compensation for what I do. They value my skills. I didn't ask them for it, they offered it to me retard. Too bad you don't have skills enough for an employer to do the same for you. Continue to live off the government and hard workers like me thinking it's owed to you.
Nah, the employer subsidizes the great amount for you, mr. leech. I am retired after a very successful life in the military and business and family and church. If you do 1/10th as well as me, you will be ecstatic. Go to your employer and tell him that you are going to have the subsidized portion of your company provided health care deducted from your pay.

Forum List

Back