American Indians Owned Slaves, Where’s the Outrage?

Did Black People Own Slaves?
Henry Louis Gates Jr.

How Many Slaves Did Blacks Own?

So what do the actual numbers of black slave owners and their slaves tell us? In 1830, the year most carefully studied by Carter G. Woodson, about 13.7 percent (319,599) of the black population was free. Of these, 3,776 free Negroes owned 12,907 slaves, out of a total of 2,009,043 slaves owned in the entire United States, so the numbers of slaves owned by black people over all was quite small by comparison with the number owned by white people.

I really don't blame you for searching out confirming articles that assuage your black guilt.. :113:

But even Louis Gates reports that in 1830 there were nearly 3800 blacks owning 13,000 slaves. That's not family protection dude.

To find the serious slavers you have to look at wealth. Because slave owning on an industrial scale went with the money. So I don't doubt that at the LOW end of the scale --- SOME of this was somewhat beneficial ALTHOUGH -- it was still technically slavery. It was slavery to do it for ONE YEAR.

There were institutionalized black slave owners in America before the South even HAD an economy...

5 of the Wealthiest Blacks Who Owned Slaves in America - Racism In America

Anthony Johnson was born in Angola and brought to the US to work on a tobacco farm in 1619. He married a black female servant while on the farm and once freed, maintained his own successful farm with 250 acres and both black and Irish indentured servants. According to colonial records, Johnson is best known for not only being one of the first Black slave masters, but also for having the court rule in favor of him “holding” slave John Casor indefinitely.
[[[[ OMG -- a black man owning WHITE SLAVES in America. I hope I'm related. :badgrin: Will be my meal ticket out of reparations. !!!!! ]]]]]

William Ellison Jr, born April Ellison, (C. April, 1790 – 5 December 1861)

William Ellison Jr was a slave who purchased his own freedom at 26 and shortly after his wife—Matilda, and children’s as well. Ultimately, Ellison became the wealthiest black master in all of South Carolina. He owned 60 slaves and more than 1,000 acres of land at his death.

[[[[ Purchased his way to freedom at 26. God Bless America. ]]]]]

Antoine Dubuclet (1810 – December 18, 1887)

Was born in Louisiana to free black parents, Antoine Dubuclet, Sr and Rosale (Belly). His father was part owner of a successful sugar plantation known as Cedar Grove. After his father died, Dubuclet took over the plantation along with the 70 slaves. He eventually married a wealthy black woman, and when she died, he inherited several properties, making him the wealthiest free black slave master in Louisiana by 1860.

Justus Angel and Mistress L. Horry, of Colleton District, South Carolina

Justus Angel and Mistress L. Horry were two of the wealthiest free black masters, each owning 84 slaves in 1830. They were known for not practicing a “benevolent form of slaveownership. The blacks considered their slaves as chattel property; bought sold, mortgaged, willed, traded, and transferred fellow blacks; demanded long hours in the workshops and fields; severely disciplined recalcitrant blacks; and hunted down escaped slaves.”

[[[[ Not a nice man rescuing family members.. ]]]]]

Widow C. Richards and her son P.C. Richards

Widow C. Richards and her son P.C. Richards owned a large sugar cane plantation and held the largest number of slaves–152–in Louisiana.

No that is not true

I suspected you had reading issues. But you have problems with statistics and pie charts as well. If the UPPER south had 3% free blacks in their total population and the Lower South had 1% free blacks in their population -----

How in hell can that combined percentage of FREE BLACKS not be more than the 1% in the North??

I wasn't initially talking about it as percent of total population, but if you can't read that chart -- I'll probably not bother you with the details. LOL.......

I have no such problem. But you do. Your basic problem begins with your mental inability to accept reality. After that nothing else matters. I didn't male the chart, so...…..

What did you THINK it said? Because it contradicts your big "You are wrong" opening sentence.

I will NEVER forget the thread about Confederates, slavery and the Confederate flag, that loon Lakota was squealing like a stuck pig until I pointed out to him Native Americans owned slaves, fought along side the Confederates and had battle flags with the Stars and Bars on them

Freaking priceless, he left that thread so fast my head spun
Native Americans and Hispanics in New Mexico duke it out all of the time over who is a bigger victim.

Both have a nasty history. But they love the blame game.

Racist whites and their false equivalences.

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301: :laughing0301:
No false equivalency. They have a history of killing each other.
It is a false equivalance. Native Americans and Hispanics are "Indian" tribes. So you show me when they invaded and colonized Europe and tried killing off as many whites as possible then claim they discovered the land.
Spanish explorers settled in Mexico and traded horses with the plains Indians in what is now the southwest US. They became allies with each other against the Comanche,Apache,Ute and other raiding tribes that attacked,killed and took food,livestock and slaves from the pueblo's and other settlements.

Many settlements were destroyed by the tribes ,many people murdered and enslaved. And at the time the Spanish military did not have enough man power to fight them effectively.

Stop being so simplistic. Indian tribes killed each other off...along with both white and Spanish settlers.

The Spanish also have a history of taking Indians by force and trying to sell them in the slave markets.

See Christopher Columbus.

Like I said they have a history of killing each other.

Last edited:
you decided toy woyld usean example f somone black who disagrrewith Pbama like hersayingtha maesitso. This is watracss do Dresden.
Don’t blame all whites for the imbecile white supremacist trash.

I'm not. Please stop assuming criticism of one white persons post represents criticism of all white people.
why dont you stop assuming someone is a racist just because they had the gall and audacity to disagree with you.....

Because I don't assume people are racist for disagreeing with me.
yea right... you proved that already with me.....i was a racist for posting something Maxine Waters said about Pres.Obama....which you did not like,so i was a racist for having the gall to post what she said,not me,her.....

What you said was racist. For example, what did the republican majority in congress do for blacks while Obama was in office? Thy are the ones who appropriate the money for programs. You didn't say shit about them but you wanted to blame Obama. So then you wanted to try using the words of someone else black to try justifying your argument. Maxine Watters is not the only black person in congress and there are many others on the CBC who did not agree with her assessment. That's what racists do Dresden.
you cant even be honest about what i posted in that thread .....and you are a fucking racist yourself,just like many here have called you.....remember dumbass i did not say anything about Obama in that thread....i just posted what Waters said.....but then thats what chumps like you do,twist things around because you are a pussy...

I will NEVER forget the thread about Confederates, slavery and the Confederate flag, that loon Lakota was squealing like a stuck pig until I pointed out to him Native Americans owned slaves, fought along side the Confederates and had battle flags with the Stars and Bars on them

Native Americans and Hispanics in New Mexico duke it out all of the time over who is a bigger victim.

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301: :laughing0301:
Whites have a history of killing each other too. Your comment is the very definition of false equivalence.

It's a false equivalence because when you check out where the "hispanics" came from you see they are aztecs incas, etc. The "spanic" part is white Spaniard like A pointed out. Whites have a history of killing each other but you bitches don't talk about that. All you maggots do is sit on your asses trying to justify what you did.

It's a false equivalence because when you check out where the "hispanics" came from you see they are aztecs incas, etc. The "spanic" part is white Spaniard like A pointed out. Whites have a history of killing each other but you bitches don't talk about that. All you maggots do is sit on your asses trying to justify what you did.
Sorry but I have no Spanish ancestors.

Black people are below indians? Man, that's gotta be rough to take.

You guys whine about "white guilt" and then talk about "giving" American Indians reservations.

Could you be any more clueless?
If we didnt give them the land, how on earth do you suppose they got it? It sure as hell wasnt won through might, thats for fucking sure.

The indians were culturally inferior, and like all inferior cultures in history, they got their asses handed to them by a superior culture. Thousands of cultures were completely wiped out throughout history because, unlike Americans, other cultures didnt end up giving their defeated enemies land and rights; they were merely eradicated and forgotten. The indians were lucky that it wasnt a different group that came to their shores.
It's was all theirs to start with.

Jesus you people.....
no it wasn't
....they stole land from other tribes/decimated/displaced/TORTURED/warred on/murdered/etc other tribes
...it was the Age of Exploration/etc
don't try to make it like it was 1973 with lawyers/real estate companies/etc
Lol, so it's all the native Americans fault then?
...what a big batch of bullshit to make out the NAs as angels--eating corn--sharing flowers--etc
...they were just as bad as the whites/etc
I've linked much documentation in other forums/threads
..I quoted one time where they were attacking each other/HATED each other/murdered each other so much as one of the reasons they could not defeat the EVIL [ hahahaha ] whites
Exactly! The NA did not occupy the entire United States, so no, they did not "own" all of the land. African countries have warred with each other forever and took land from others, yet whites are the only bad people. LOL

WE didn't do it, you can't seem to understand that. Yes, whites killed each other too, but you are trying to ignore that the NA also did, and they were brutal. The NA also did not occupy the entire USA, so quit ASSuming that whites "stole" all their land.

If we didnt give them the land, how on earth do you suppose they got it? It sure as hell wasnt won through might, thats for fucking sure.

The indians were culturally inferior, and like all inferior cultures in history, they got their asses handed to them by a superior culture. Thousands of cultures were completely wiped out throughout history because, unlike Americans, other cultures didnt end up giving their defeated enemies land and rights; they were merely eradicated and forgotten. The indians were lucky that it wasnt a different group that came to their shores.

Jesus you people.....
no it wasn't
....they stole land from other tribes/decimated/displaced/TORTURED/warred on/murdered/etc other tribes
...what a big batch of bullshit to make out the NAs as angels--eating corn--sharing flowers--etc
..I quoted one time where they were attacking each other/HATED each other/murdered each other so much as one of the reasons they could not defeat the EVIL [ hahahaha ] whites
Exactly! The NA did not occupy the entire United States, so no, they did not "own" all of the land. African countries have warred with each other forever and took land from others, yet whites are the only bad people. LOL
Indigenous populations on a level playing field is a different kinda thing.

As for "not owning all the land", how much if your house are you currently occupying?

Jesus you people.....
no it wasn't

As for "not owning all the land", how much if your house are you currently occupying?
they didn't own any godamn land
that was the Age of Exploration
so--tell me---the NAs STOLE land from other NAs.....so they legally owned it???
hahahahahhahahahahahah
ridiculous.....you couldn't tell who owned what

no it wasn't

hahahahahhahahahahahah
It was their home, their territory, their nation so to speak.

hahahahahhahahahahahah
It was their home, their territory, their nation so to speak.
no it wasn't
so, answer the question:
whose land was it if the NAs stole it?
...some tribes migrated all over the place...I guess they can claim all of it--while displacing the tribes
Throughout the 1700s the Dakota bands moved westward, one by one, onto the open plains.
Many were pushed out by the Ojibwa,
''''pushed''' ---hahahahhahahahahahahah---FORCED
Dakota Migration | North Dakota Studies
map_migration_degiha-300x206.jpg

Degiha tribes migration | North American Languages
etc etc etc

Jesus you people.....
no it wasn't

"A level playing field"? Now we get to the bottom of it! You're problem was that they were defeated by a superior culture. Tough shit. Superior cultures are meant to dominate.

no it wasn't

"A level playing field"? Now we get to the bottom of it! You're problem was that they were defeated by a superior culture. Tough shit. Superior cultures are meant to dominate.
More technologically advanced. Not necessarily superior.

Jesus you people.....
no it wasn't

What is your point?

More technologically advanced. Not necessarily superior.
That means superior.

Forum List

Back