America First = America Last

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
America First is Trump's economic policy
Every country looks out for their own best interests and everyone wins

Economic competition does not work like that. Teaming and competing as a group gets you more economic "wins" than looking out for your best interests

Think of a Basketball Team.
If every player looks out for himself and tries to score as many points as they can, you have a bunch of players ball hogging and gunning for shots

Winning Basketball Teams rely on teamwork and doing what is best for the team. Spread the ball around and look for the open man

Trump's economic policies leave the US isolated and left out of economic opportunities

GOOD for the Trump ,what you describe is American INDEPENDENCE RWinger

USA is not USSR and i trust the TRUMP to do a good job as he puts America First Brian .

USA is not USSR and i trust the TRUMP to do a good job as he puts America First Brian .
It doesn't matter, an isolated economy does not work.

So far he is just golfing a lot. You can trust he will continue that.

Economic competition does not work like that. Teaming and competing as a group gets you more economic "wins" than looking out for your best interests

If every player looks out for himself and tries to score as many points as they can, you have a bunch of players ball hogging and gunning for shots

Winning Basketball Teams rely on teamwork and doing what is best for the team. Spread the ball around and look for the open man

Trump's economic policies leave the US isolated and left out of economic opportunities

Hey dummy we are USA basketball team.

Dope.

Hey dummy we are USA basketball team.

Dope.

Maybe so

And we have to compete against the worlds All-Star Team

Let me guess, you attended a math class, and failed the very first class.

First != Last.

America is being made great again.
So far nothing has been done, we are riding the obama economy.

Trump doesn't know how to play a team sport, his hands are too small for a basketball . He never learned about team playing it has always been about Trump and only Trump.

upload_2017-11-14_7-18-32.jpeg

First != Last.

You must have been watching CNN and missed the significant improvements.

Illegal immigration through border decreased 90%. Nothing's done? ROFL!

You should start getting used to winning, even if you have been loser all your life, it's not too late to start now. Don't tire so easily.

Pfui. Using your team analogy let’s deal with this nonsense. A good basketball team needs five good players. You can’t have two strong players, and three duds on the court. They won’t win. The two stronger players will be dragged down trying to carry the weaker players.

In economic issues, especially trade. Equals is what you are gunning for. Trade between economic equals means that competition is increasing the quality, reliability, and safety of the products. Trade between economic inequals means you are shipping your manufacturing elsewhere.

American Cars are much improved over where they were when the auto trade began. Japanese cars forced American manufacturers to increase the quality and reliability of their products to stay competitive. Efficiency was also improved. The Japanese had to work hard to increase their own performance. Safety was improved thanks to the design work of Volvo and Mercedes.

That is trade between essentially equal economies. It means that the overall product across the board, from all manufacturers is increased.

When you send your manufacturing to a second, or third world nation, you do not improve quality, you reduce price. This is where Mexico comes in. We improve their economy slightly, because the wages there will remain low. The workers at the Ford Plant can’t afford a new car on what they make, so they won’t be buying a new car. They’ll be buying whatever they can afford, and repair, to keep it running.

That isn’t trade. It isn’t cooperation. It is suicide by trade. We lose the highly skilled labor jobs we had. We lose the skills we once had. We forget how to do it. We become the consumer, and the service based economy starts moving the people downwards on the ladder.

Trade between equals is awesome, and I can point to a number of fields where companies around the world compete to produce the best product. Boeing did not rest when Airbus began building planes. They adapted to new technology, new design ideals and producted better aircraft because of it. The 787 Dreamliner uses carbon fiber, after Airbus began using composite materials in their aircraft. The tail assemblies tend to be Composites on Airbus Aircraft. Boeing was forced to adapt to the competition, and we all benefit from safer, more reliable, more efficient aircraft.

That is competition. To build the aircraft Boeing needs highly skilled labor. Those are good paying manufacturing jobs. Those are jobs that people can profit from, and jobs that they can afford to consume that which is being manufactured. They can afford to take a vacation, and fly on the jets they built to Hawaii or other destinations.

A service based economy where we consume that which we had no hand in manufacturing is a downward spiral. At first, the products come down in price, and we can afford them. Next, the products become unaffordable for the masses as their earning power decreases. The gap between the have and have not increases, and the animosity and vengeance desires increase as well.

Skilled Labor is the bridge between the two. The have nots have a lot more. They can afford to send their children to school to become management, or to a trade school to learn the skills necessary to become the aforementioned labor.

When you lose those skilled labor jobs, you lose a vital leg of the economy. You lose the middle class. The middle class is no longer made up of workers, but of management. Arguing that anyone can do it is asinine. There are only so many managers needed to oversee manufacturing in another country. We’ll hire cheaper managers there in time.

There is an old saying. Stop pissing on my back and telling me it’s raining. Applying that to this topic, stop screwing me and telling me that you are doing me a big favor. You aren’t Harvey Weinstein. And I’m no actress.

First != Last.

You must have been watching CNN and missed the significant improvements.

Illegal immigration through border decreased 90%. Nothing's done? ROFL!

You should start getting used to winning, even if you have been loser all your life, it's not too late to start now. Don't tire so easily.

Gee I hadn't noticed, what an accomplishment. That is good why? How is my life better?

First != Last.

Doing what is best for you is not always better than doing things collectively
Teaming with Japan and S Korea to compete with China makes more sense than competing individually

Pfui. Using your team analogy let’s deal with this nonsense. A good basketball team needs five good players. You can’t have two strong players, and three duds on the court. They won’t win. The two stronger players will be dragged down trying to carry the weaker players.

In economic issues, especially trade. Equals is what you are gunning for. Trade between economic equals means that competition is increasing the quality, reliability, and safety of the products. Trade between economic inequals means you are shipping your manufacturing elsewhere.

American Cars are much improved over where they were when the auto trade began. Japanese cars forced American manufacturers to increase the quality and reliability of their products to stay competitive. Efficiency was also improved. The Japanese had to work hard to increase their own performance. Safety was improved thanks to the design work of Volvo and Mercedes.

That is trade between essentially equal economies. It means that the overall product across the board, from all manufacturers is increased.

When you send your manufacturing to a second, or third world nation, you do not improve quality, you reduce price. This is where Mexico comes in. We improve their economy slightly, because the wages there will remain low. The workers at the Ford Plant can’t afford a new car on what they make, so they won’t be buying a new car. They’ll be buying whatever they can afford, and repair, to keep it running.

That isn’t trade. It isn’t cooperation. It is suicide by trade. We lose the highly skilled labor jobs we had. We lose the skills we once had. We forget how to do it. We become the consumer, and the service based economy starts moving the people downwards on the ladder.

Trade between equals is awesome, and I can point to a number of fields where companies around the world compete to produce the best product. Boeing did not rest when Airbus began building planes. They adapted to new technology, new design ideals and producted better aircraft because of it. The 787 Dreamliner uses carbon fiber, after Airbus began using composite materials in their aircraft. The tail assemblies tend to be Composites on Airbus Aircraft. Boeing was forced to adapt to the competition, and we all benefit from safer, more reliable, more efficient aircraft.

That is competition. To build the aircraft Boeing needs highly skilled labor. Those are good paying manufacturing jobs. Those are jobs that people can profit from, and jobs that they can afford to consume that which is being manufactured. They can afford to take a vacation, and fly on the jets they built to Hawaii or other destinations.

A service based economy where we consume that which we had no hand in manufacturing is a downward spiral. At first, the products come down in price, and we can afford them. Next, the products become unaffordable for the masses as their earning power decreases. The gap between the have and have not increases, and the animosity and vengeance desires increase as well.

Skilled Labor is the bridge between the two. The have nots have a lot more. They can afford to send their children to school to become management, or to a trade school to learn the skills necessary to become the aforementioned labor.

When you lose those skilled labor jobs, you lose a vital leg of the economy. You lose the middle class. The middle class is no longer made up of workers, but of management. Arguing that anyone can do it is asinine. There are only so many managers needed to oversee manufacturing in another country. We’ll hire cheaper managers there in time.

There is an old saying. Stop pissing on my back and telling me it’s raining. Applying that to this topic, stop screwing me and telling me that you are doing me a big favor. You aren’t Harvey Weinstein. And I’m no actress.

You don't always get to play with a team of All-Stars
You take advantage of the skills each player brings to the court

Every player looking out for himself is not winning basketball

Forum List

Back