Allegheny Co. Democratic Party Chair Forced To Resign: ‘I Stand For The Flag, I Kneel At The Cross’

More of that tolerance and diversity from the "tolerant" and "diverse" Democratic Party.

A former Marine and Gulf War veteran, Salvas was just hired in September as executive director of the county party, long after he posted a picture of his wife and him on Facebook with the words, “I stand for the flag, I kneel at the cross.”

“I’m not ashamed of my patriotism, not one bit. I fought for this country. I think I have a right to have a voice and be patriotic,” says Salvas.

But he says NFL players can take a knee.

“That’s part of what the flag stands for. It gives them the right to do that,” says Salvas.

But Salvas chooses to stand.

‘I Stand For The Flag, I Kneel At The Cross’: Allegheny Co. Democratic Party Chair Forced To Resign Amid Controversy
Your party killed tolerance. It’s a shame that this guy was forced to resign, but he had a role to play and his words caused a division between people that it was his job to unite. Trump made the Chairman of your party stop using part of her name. Tolerance is out the window.

Which do dems hate more: Christians or Americans? They had a twofer with the OP

Now if he lied about being an Indian or serving in Vietnam, he'd be a hero

I'm not seeing much tolerance from any party these days. Or many people it seems.

If that was the sole reason he was fired, it's ridiculous. Someone's head should roll.
When Democrats begin to seek to deny gay and transgender their right to equal protection of the law, when Democrats start to place an undue burden to the right of minorities to vote, when Democrats begin to exhibit intolerance toward Muslims, or start to seek to deny immigrants their right to due process of the law, then – and only then – will you have a point.

While the Dems support more of my positions than the Pubs by far, there IS an increasing intolerance for the more conservative Dem wing.

More of that tolerance and diversity from the "tolerant" and "diverse" Democratic Party.

A former Marine and Gulf War veteran, Salvas was just hired in September as executive director of the county party, long after he posted a picture of his wife and him on Facebook with the words, “I stand for the flag, I kneel at the cross.”

“I’m not ashamed of my patriotism, not one bit. I fought for this country. I think I have a right to have a voice and be patriotic,” says Salvas.

“That’s part of what the flag stands for. It gives them the right to do that,” says Salvas.

‘I Stand For The Flag, I Kneel At The Cross’: Allegheny Co. Democratic Party Chair Forced To Resign Amid Controversy
Your party killed tolerance. It’s a shame that this guy was forced to resign, but he had a role to play and his words caused a division between people that it was his job to unite. Trump made the Chairman of your party stop using part of her name. Tolerance is out the window.

Which do dems hate more: Christians or Americans? They had a twofer with the OP

Now if he lied about being an Indian or serving in Vietnam, he'd be a hero
You mean the woman who just proved she has an Indian ancestor and the person that actually served during Vietnam. Meanwhile were they violent rapists and pedophiles you’d dedicate your life to them.

I'm not seeing much tolerance from any party these days. Or many people it seems.

If that was the sole reason he was fired, it's ridiculous. Someone's head should roll.
When Democrats begin to seek to deny gay and transgender their right to equal protection of the law, when Democrats start to place an undue burden to the right of minorities to vote, when Democrats begin to exhibit intolerance toward Muslims, or start to seek to deny immigrants their right to due process of the law, then – and only then – will you have a point.

While the Dems support more of my positions than the Pubs by far, there IS an increasing intolerance for the more conservative Dem wing.
The Democratic Party didn't have much choice but to let the guy go.

Then why is your party the one that’s so intolerant of people? We’re more than Happy to welcome him into our party

With today's Democrats, I have never in my life seen a political force in this country that has such a violent, repelled, horrified reaction to any aspect of Americana. It's a cross to a vampire situation.

How about the killing of three activists registering folks to vote in Mississippi?

Asking a man to step away from his post due to his support for a family friend to avoid a racially tense situation inside the party doesn't rise a vampire level of horrificness. At least to me it doesn't.

With today's Democrats, I have never in my life seen a political force in this country that has such a violent, repelled, horrified reaction to any aspect of Americana. It's a cross to a vampire situation.

How about the killing of three activists registering folks to vote in Mississippi?

Asking a man to step away from his post due to his support for a family friend to avoid a racially tense situation inside the party doesn't rise a vampire level of horrificness. At least to me it doesn't.

What the fuck are you talking about? And what the fuck does that have to do with Democrat politicians publicly calling for violence against Republicans today? Your post makes no sense.

Then why is your party the one that’s so intolerant of people? We’re more than Happy to welcome him into our party
Obviously. I’ll support one of your Nazi’s joining my party if it means they’ll work to stop Naziism too.

What the fuck are you talking about? And what the fuck does that have to do with Democrat politicians publicly calling for violence against Republicans today? Your post makes no sense.

Oh boo-fucking-hoo. Coming from the party of President "Rough them up" and "Knock the crap out of him" Corleone, that is amusing. Oh my, Eric Holder wants to kick you when you go low and Hillary doesn't want to be civil to you turds. Now run to mommy and whine like a good bully does when confronted!

Talk about a lack of self awareness.

Obviously. I’ll support one of your Nazi’s joining my party if it means they’ll work to stop Naziism too.

And all you’ve done is demonstrate you have no idea what Nazis stand for

Oh boo-fucking-hoo. Coming from the party of President "Rough them up" and "Knock the crap out of him" Corleone, that is amusing. Oh my, Eric Holder wants to kick you when you go low and Hillary doesn't want to be civil to you turds. Now run to mommy and whine like a good bully does when confronted!

Someone needs to tell him that they are the bullies

And all you’ve done is demonstrate you have no idea what Nazis stand for
You don’t seem to. Must be why you vote with the Richard Spencer’s of the world.

If he was asked to resign due to job performance then that is a different matter and polticizing it as intolerance is just as bad as the alledged intolerance :(

Trump is the bully. It is coming from the top.

Trump is the bully. It is coming from the top.

Trump is responding to bullies

Which party are you referring to? I'm not registered with any party and typically I support the ideals of the Libertarians (the most tolerant of them all, actually), so I'm confused by your accusations.
The GOP. The party who’s most lock step voters claim to not be a part of because they’re actually independent’s or some such nonsense.
"If yer not fer us, yer agin us..." --- Democrat -style.

Forum List

Back