The GOP needs to go

Congressional term limits violate the constitution. The founders made it that way for a reason.

Not if there is legislation passed to change the TUTION.

Perpetual politicians who never worked an honest job a day in their lives are DANGEROUS.

Public service should be a tour of duty, not a permanent career.

Mcconnell-frozen GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
what a fucking disgrace

Congressional term limits violate the constitution. The founders made it that way for a reason.
They do not violate the Constitution

When the Founders wrote the Constitution, Congress was a part time enterprise and not a career path to lavish riches like it is today.

Things changed drastically, and not for the better so we need to change with it.

Congress imposed term limits on the President after FDR's reign of corruption. Are we led to believe the Executive branch is worse than the legislative branch in this regard?

:auiqs.jpg:

Not if we made it a Constitutional Amendment like they did to the Executive Branch.

A Balanced Budget Amendment would be nice too.
Congress will never restrain the power of their purse.

Therefore, states need to rise up and amend the Constitution to impose the will of the American people on the Federal powers.

The vast majority of American favor both term limits for Congress and a balanced budget amendment, but neither will see the light of day unless states rise up and amend the Constitution for the first time in US history.

It's time.

This isn't a political related post, it's a hate filled rant from the left. If you can't beat the GOP in the voting booth, indict the candidates on frivolous charges or rally the crazies to commit some kind of terrorist act. What else is there?

This isn't a political related post, it's a hate filled rant from the left. If you can't beat the GOP in the voting booth, indict the candidates on frivolous charges or rally the crazies to commit some kind of terrorist act. What else is there?

Pee tapes... still waiting on pee tapes.

Lol

Agreed but I don't think it would be a good idea...and damn near impossible to pull off.

Double agree.
The entire system is rigged.

When Trump said that, no truer words were spoken And no, I don't think Trump has much to offer now.

But that does not mean we should not fight it ourselves.

They do not violate the Constitution

Congressional term limits would violate the constitution.

It's already been tried.

When the Founders wrote the Constitution, Congress was a part time enterprise and not a career path to lavish riches like it is today.

That is the opposite of what they expected.

Here is what James Madison had to say about it in federalist papers 53.

"A few of the members, as happens in all such assemblies, will possess superior talents; will, by frequent reelections, become members of long standing; will be thoroughly masters of the public business, and perhaps not unwilling to avail themselves of those advantages. The greater the proportion of new members, and the less the information of the bulk of the members the more apt will they be to fall into the snares that may be laid for them. This remark is no less applicable to the relation which will subsist between the House of Representatives and the Senate."

Things changed drastically, and not for the better so we need to change with it.

Congress imposed term limits on the President after FDR's reign of corruption. Are we led to believe the Executive branch is worse than the legislative branch in this regard?

:auiqs.jpg:
I can't speak to presidential term limits as it has already happened.

The entire system is rigged.

When Trump said that, no truer words were spoken And no, I don't think Trump has much to offer now.

But that does not mean we should not fight it ourselves.
In no reality ever could a government of a country as big as the US not have some rigging, corruption and bureaucracy.

Congressional term limits would violate the constitution.

It's already been tried.

That is the opposite of what they expected.

Here is what James Madison had to say about it in federalist papers 53.

"A few of the members, as happens in all such assemblies, will possess superior talents; will, by frequent reelections, become members of long standing; will be thoroughly masters of the public business, and perhaps not unwilling to avail themselves of those advantages. The greater the proportion of new members, and the less the information of the bulk of the members the more apt will they be to fall into the snares that may be laid for them. This remark is no less applicable to the relation which will subsist between the House of Representatives and the Senate."

I can't speak to presidential term limits as it has already happened.
Congress is full of extremists who are destroying the nation fiscally.

Congress needs to stop spending or the country needs to stop Congress.

Thus far, they have shown no inclination to ever do so.

They only get worse, and in both parties.

We need a MAGA party where members who intend to run under it swear to uphold the constitution and mean it and promise to put America first... not Iran... and China...
I particularly agree "We need a MAGA party where members who intend to run under it swear to uphold the constitution and mean it". This would be a big step forward, back toward their previously conservative roots, instead of the falling in-line behind a populist, that would tear it all down, just for personal benefit and power.

Congress is full of extremists who are destroying the nation fiscally.

Not full of but a few, I'll give yah that.

Congress needs to stop spending or the country needs to stop Congress.

I agree.

Thus far, they have shown no inclination to ever do so.

They only get worse, and in both parties.
Yep. Tell me how again term limits will fix this problem?

We need a MAGA party where members who intend to run under it swear to uphold the constitution and mean it and promise to put America first... not Iran... and China...
Really? Are you fucking serious? Are yiu even paying attention: MAGA upholding the constitution? The head MAGA T-Rump wants to terminate the parts of the constitution that he doesn't like. He wants to cetralize (his) presidentil powers under a very quetionable Unitary executive theory

The unitary executive theory is conceptually a different concept in two ways. First, it applies to the US President, not US governors (state level executives). Second, unitary executive theory is about the President having control (not influence) over the federal bureaucracy. See more

Fed needs to go back to enumerated powers. Then all these corrupt fucks would have to steal on a State level

Not full of but a few, I'll give yah that.

I agree.

Yep. Tell me how again term limits will fix this problem?
Taking the power away from engrained corruption.

Both diapers and politicians need to be changed often and for the same reason.

The Constitution has already been altered by Progressives by having those in the Senate elected directly instead of putting them there by the states.

Taking the power away from engrained corruption.

Diapers and politicians need to be changed often and for the same reason.
And passing it to lamens who knows they won't be there long?

It seems to me it would make it worse.

Forum List

Back