The GOP needs to go

Fed needs to go back to enumerated powers. Then all these corrupt fucks would have to steal on a State level
In other words throw out a couple of centuries of case law that has served to keep the Constitution relevent to issues and problems that the founders could not have anticipated. You would have the states individually decide issues such as blacks amd women voting?

Well then, by all means do nothing

That should fix everything.
Vote them out?

It is sort of a paradox that about 89 percent of voters want congressional term limits...one of the few things Dems and Repubs agree on; yet these same 89 percent of voters keep voting incumbents back in office...then complain about term limits again.

Vote them out?

It is sort of a paradox that about 89 percent of voters want congressional term limits...one of the few things Dems and Repubs agree on; yet these same 89 percent of voters keep voting incumbents back in office...then complain about term limits again.
You can't.

They are like roaches.

When the light comes on they scatter, but you can never rid yourself of them.

We’ve all become accustomed to a Republican Party that sides with its dumbest, laziest enemies. Maybe we should consider not doing that any more.​

We’re on the road to Ripon — or at least we need to be.
In 1854, appalled by the Kansas-Nebraska Act and the Whig Party’s endless appetite for compromise with slavery and the Democratic Party, a group of activists met at a schoolhouse in Ripon, Wisconsin, to form a new political party that would actually stand for something. The new Republican Party ran its first presidential candidate, the explorer and army officer John C. Fremont, in 1856 under the slogan, "Free speech, free press, free men, free labor, free territory, and Fremont."
We're there again. The Republican Party is useless to the point of insult, a capitulationist entity that exists to overspend borrowed money and agree with Democrats, or at least not disagree with them too much.
We keep chasing out the elected officials who make it too obvious. But every effort to replace an Adam Kinzinger or a Liz Cheney just leads to the emergence of a new zombie who steps forward to take their places.

As we sail past $34 trillion in federal debt, heading inexorably to $50 trillion and watching the endless denunciation of “extremists” who propose to apply a little light medicine to the metastasizing cancer of federal spending, we need to consider the possibility that the party can't be saved. It should be replaced.

I can't argue. As much as the Left says they fear Mike Johnson as Speaker, I think deep down they know he is just an ongoing joke in a long line of bad jokes in the GOP.

There is no real opposition to the DNC.
There's a reason the nuts in the GOP abandoned the DEMs.
The GOP welcomed them.
Recruited them.
Despite 160 years of evidence, the GOP thought they could control them.
In 2009 when that Ni&&ar walked into THEIR White House they became uncontrollable.
The moral of the story is,
Be careful who you invite into your home.
You might not be able to get them to leave.

I can support anything you goddamn dumbass, doesn't mean it'll happen

You're fuckin annoying. I can support you choking on a dick but... well it might happen

There's no reason term limits are not in place, absolutely none
1699917336808.gif

Congressional term limits violate the constitution. The founders made it that way for a reason.
Don't think so.
It sets term limits (2,4,6 years) but doesn't speak to reelection.
That would leave it to the 10th and the States.

Really? Are you fucking serious? Are yiu even paying attention: MAGA upholding the constitution? The head MAGA T-Rump wants to terminate the parts of the constitution that he doesn't like. He wants to cetralize (his) presidentil powers under a very quetionable Unitary executive theory
Your screen name is an oxymoron....

Which is why everybody who wants term limits knows that it will require an amendment to the Constitution.

Not everyone. See post 49.

Because they were too dumb to realize that it would lead to a corrupt political aristocracy.
Or they knew that our global enemies would love a bunch of ignorant neophytes trying navigate and thwart complex machinations that our enemies surely employ to weaken us as they more or less warned us in federalist papers 53.

Vote them out.

In other words throw out a couple of centuries of case law that has served to keep the Constitution relevent to issues and problems that the founders could not have anticipated. You would have the states individually decide issues such as blacks amd women voting?
You piss on the intent of the Republic daily. Them spending on any damn thing they please caused the current corrupt life time criminalsvin office now

We’ve all become accustomed to a Republican Party that sides with its dumbest, laziest enemies. Maybe we should consider not doing that any more.​

We’re on the road to Ripon — or at least we need to be.
In 1854, appalled by the Kansas-Nebraska Act and the Whig Party’s endless appetite for compromise with slavery and the Democratic Party, a group of activists met at a schoolhouse in Ripon, Wisconsin, to form a new political party that would actually stand for something. The new Republican Party ran its first presidential candidate, the explorer and army officer John C. Fremont, in 1856 under the slogan, "Free speech, free press, free men, free labor, free territory, and Fremont."
We're there again. The Republican Party is useless to the point of insult, a capitulationist entity that exists to overspend borrowed money and agree with Democrats, or at least not disagree with them too much.
We keep chasing out the elected officials who make it too obvious. But every effort to replace an Adam Kinzinger or a Liz Cheney just leads to the emergence of a new zombie who steps forward to take their places.

As we sail past $34 trillion in federal debt, heading inexorably to $50 trillion and watching the endless denunciation of “extremists” who propose to apply a little light medicine to the metastasizing cancer of federal spending, we need to consider the possibility that the party can't be saved. It should be replaced.

I can't argue. As much as the Left says they fear Mike Johnson as Speaker, I think deep down they know he is just an ongoing joke in a long line of bad jokes in the GOP.

There is no real opposition to the DNC.
Seems to me like the Democrat side is in danger of Trump winning re-election by being so fragmented. We've got Biden being the top dog but then Cornell West is running against him, RFK Jr. is running against him, and Joe Manchin may very well be running against him. I don't see anyone of the right taking votes away from Trump.

Incorrect.

See post 31. The link is weird looking but it works.
Thanks, I wasn't aware.

ROE V Wade was Stare decisis.
I think if it's bought to this court it is gone, look at the makeup of the majorities

It is, of course, an incorrect decision but the political class has every reason to leave the ruling in place.

Really? Are you fucking serious? Are yiu even paying attention: MAGA upholding the constitution? The head MAGA T-Rump wants to terminate the parts of the constitution that he doesn't like. He wants to cetralize (his) presidentil powers under a very quetionable Unitary executive theory
lol.

You have serious reading compression issues.

Your screen name is an oxymoron....
If you think that only a conservative can be patriotic then you are just a plain moron. Teddy Roosevelt was a patriot and the founder of the progressive movement. That movement is responsible for many of the rights , programs and benefits that we all, even you take for granted today . As a progressive patriot, I want MY COUNTRY to be the bet that it can be for all people The same cannot be said for conservatives, especially the MAGA morons

What a moronic OP.

I do find the idiocy really telling - the democrats represent such a massive unending threat that we absolutely must dismantle, destroy and publicly eliminate any semblance of the opposition party so they can run utterly unopposed.

It is rather sad that the right does not seem to realize the only reason the left can act so insane is because the MAGA idiots calling everything that is not an authoritarian a RINO, getting in the way of actually making any progress on anything and actively dismantling any power the right actually possesses.

You could not ask for a better situation as a democrat. There is a reason the DNC was spending money to support MAGA candidates, they are a dream come true for dems.

Forum List

Back