Allegheny Co. Democratic Party Chair Forced To Resign: ‘I Stand For The Flag, I Kneel At The Cross’

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
More of that tolerance and diversity from the "tolerant" and "diverse" Democratic Party.

A former Marine and Gulf War veteran, Salvas was just hired in September as executive director of the county party, long after he posted a picture of his wife and him on Facebook with the words, “I stand for the flag, I kneel at the cross.”

“I’m not ashamed of my patriotism, not one bit. I fought for this country. I think I have a right to have a voice and be patriotic,” says Salvas.

But he says NFL players can take a knee.

“That’s part of what the flag stands for. It gives them the right to do that,” says Salvas.

But Salvas chooses to stand.

‘I Stand For The Flag, I Kneel At The Cross’: Allegheny Co. Democratic Party Chair Forced To Resign Amid Controversy

Someone posted that saying a wile back, and I found a Tee with it imprinted.

More of that tolerance and diversity from the "tolerant" and "diverse" Democratic Party.

A former Marine and Gulf War veteran, Salvas was just hired in September as executive director of the county party, long after he posted a picture of his wife and him on Facebook with the words, “I stand for the flag, I kneel at the cross.”

“I’m not ashamed of my patriotism, not one bit. I fought for this country. I think I have a right to have a voice and be patriotic,” says Salvas.

“That’s part of what the flag stands for. It gives them the right to do that,” says Salvas.

‘I Stand For The Flag, I Kneel At The Cross’: Allegheny Co. Democratic Party Chair Forced To Resign Amid Controversy
Your party killed tolerance. It’s a shame that this guy was forced to resign, but he had a role to play and his words caused a division between people that it was his job to unite. Trump made the Chairman of your party stop using part of her name. Tolerance is out the window.

I love it when Democrats (Libs and Progressives) eat their own.

Your party killed tolerance. It’s a shame that this guy was forced to resign, but he had a role to play and his words caused a division between people that it was his job to unite. Trump made the Chairman of your party stop using part of her name. Tolerance is out the window.

Which party are you referring to? I'm not registered with any party and typically I support the ideals of the Libertarians (the most tolerant of them all, actually), so I'm confused by your accusations.

Really how did we kill tolerance?
Was it our opposition to quotas?
Or our opposition to banning books and speakers?
It certainly wasn't you're parties attempt to put people in groups, and then bad mouth other groups to them and get them to hate, naaaaaaah.

Which party are you referring to? I'm not registered with any party and typically I support the ideals of the Libertarians (the most tolerant of them all, actually), so I'm confused by your accusations.
Taz is correct, and black flag he's not a Trumpian, it's where we disagree, but nice lashing out with talking points.....Black Flag, maybe get to know the posters before labeling them.....it's really not hard.

The GOP. The party who’s most lock step voters claim to not be a part of because they’re actually independent’s or some such nonsense.

Their is no room anymore in the democrat party for JFK conservatives, that party is way over hijacked, thank God a liberal like Trump is still welcome in the republican party.

I'm not seeing much tolerance from any party these days. Or many people it seems.

If that was the sole reason he was fired, it's ridiculous. Someone's head should roll.

My type

Your type

Confront

Disrupt

Inbred

Fascists

Nazi's

Beat down

Punks

Trumpists, Repubs, Dems...

The sweet sound of tolerance...

maxresdefault.jpg

Not many people in Politics stand for what they believe in or what they stand for. For this they are rejected by those who really run the show. He was nothing but a (front) man who look the part he was hired for. This is just a peek into the Modern Democratic party also called progressives. I feel sorry for him, and suggest he change parties.

This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

The actions of the few are not ‘representative’ of an entire group or class of persons.

The notion that ‘all Democrats’ are ‘intolerant’ the consequence of this anecdotal incident is as ignorant as it is ridiculous and wrong.

Salvas: “I stand for the flag, I kneel for the cross.”

Delano: “No apologies?”

Salvas: “Not at all. Not at all.”

But in reality it's about support for a family friend.

But his departure came as activists were circulating alleged social media posts by Salvas and his wife, Cindy DeZort-Salvas, who in July requested donations to help pay for the legal defense of East Pittsburgh Police Officer Michael Rosfeld.

Rosfeld faces a charge of criminal homicide for fatally shooting Antwon Rose, an unarmed teenager, during a vehicle stop in June.

Allegheny County Democratic Staffer Resigns Amid Controversy Over Facebook Posts

I'm not seeing much tolerance from any party these days. Or many people it seems.

If that was the sole reason he was fired, it's ridiculous. Someone's head should roll.
When Democrats begin to seek to deny gay and transgender their right to equal protection of the law, when Democrats start to place an undue burden to the right of minorities to vote, when Democrats begin to exhibit intolerance toward Muslims, or start to seek to deny immigrants their right to due process of the law, then – and only then – will you have a point.

With today's Democrats, I have never in my life seen a political force in this country that has such a violent, repelled, horrified reaction to any aspect of Americana. It's a cross to a vampire situation.

Forum List

Back