All Right People! Nut Crackin' Time! Discuss Election Returns Here as they Come In!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I hated about FL was that my polling place was in a church operated building.
Just does not seem right to me.

Music to Vote and scare your neighbors by:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEllLECo4OM[/ame]

There's nothing wrong with having security at the polls. If you're scared just because he's big and black...that's just your own fear. (I'm not calling you a racist, just the race of the man has no bearing)

I will just wait and review the battle damage tomorrow.
Heck didn't it take close to a year to decide that one in WI last time?

that was funny though, a clown like Frankin beating the best the republicans had to offer. How embaressing.

Well if that's how far you have to go back in time to live a victory agianst Republicans, well goody for you!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not suggesting anything. There really is a big (at least 6' 2") black security guard standing outside the door of the polling place near my business. I look out my office window and can see him. Is that appropriate?

What security company is he with?

Don't know...thick jacket with badge on left side...most security companies around here wear nylon jackets with their company name on the back....not this guy. Or if he has a name, it's too small to see....can't see any name tag or anything...just the badge. But not a cop, no weapon, etc on belt. Am watching from my window....he's standing right by door as people go in and out.

There are a number of poll watchers, in addition to the DoJ staffers assigned for security at polls. The League of Women Voters had two representatives at my small polling place this morning. Then there's groups like this, that I presume need to be certified by someone.

The King Street Patriots
Election battles spread to polling places

I'm not suggesting anything. There really is a big (at least 6' 2") black security guard standing outside the door of the polling place near my business. I look out my office window and can see him. Is that appropriate?

Don't know...thick jacket with badge on left side...most security companies around here wear nylon jackets with their company name on the back....not this guy. Or if he has a name, it's too small to see....can't see any name tag or anything...just the badge. But not a cop, no weapon, etc on belt. Am watching from my window....he's standing right by door as people go in and out.

Is there a chopper parked nearby? Maybe he's from Sons of Anarchy.

A bit of election law for the un-initiated...

1. No police are supposed to be near the voting for fear of scaring people off
2. Pictures can be taken in public places...even at voting locations.
3. There aren't uniform rules across the states regarding every aspect of voting law. For example, some states don't even require identification...while others do, even when the person is a disabled person voting from home.
4. Wearing paraphernalia of a party or candidate - varies by state
5. Loitering around the polling station - varies by state
6. Some felons in some states are allowed to vote again after being released - varies by state

That's all I can think of for now. I'm actually one of the attorneys on call in our county fielding fraud allegations.

as you said, voting laws vary by state. there are police at the polls in my town; always have been. nothing scary about it, to me.

Yeah, we have people outside the polls handing out voter guides, which I THOUGHT was illegal, but they didn't seem to be causing any harm.

Maybe it's legal if they are in the parking lot and not right out front of the building where voting is taking place. Because they were in the parking lot. So, I figure the law must be, they have to be so many feet from where voting is taking place.

I had a hard time picking something to wear I'll tell you. I realized most of my T-shirts have something vaguely political on them! :eusa_doh:

They won't let you wear that to vote! :lol::lol::lol:

I finally settled on my favorite zombie T-shirt. I figure as long as Shaun of the Dead or George A. Romero isn't on the ballot, I'll be safe with that! :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There are a number of poll watchers, in addition to the DoJ staffers assigned for security at polls. The League of Women Voters had two representatives at my small polling place this morning. Then there's groups like this, that I presume need to be certified by someone.

The King Street Patriots
Election battles spread to polling places

We had a Ton of poll watchers. There was like six of 'em sitting on each side of the room!

I mean THAT'S a sad commentary. Everyone is so paranoid about voter fraud anymore.

I have to admit, I did check my paper ballot to make sure it was printing the votes I made.

EVERYONE CHECK THOSE PAPER BALLOTS BEFORE YOU VOTE!

;)

I don't think a security guard is a problem. They have them where I vote, (I think).

I'm talking about some things I've seen like bringing over a whole busload of mentally handicapped people, and leading them in to vote. (Yes, I saw that in 2002)

Or stuff like this!

black-panther-voter-intimidation.jpg
He's bigger than those two guys, and has a jacket like that, but without the patches...and is standing right by the door....closer than that woman you see in the picture.

Well hell, maybe he's just waiting for someone he's supposed to meet there! My polling place was at the local grammar school and there's a lot of artwork and school projects on display, bake sales, etc., and some people want to enjoy that in addition to just voting.

I'm cranking on Fox News in HD (with the closed captions on) and turning on Rush Limbaugh at the same time.

Information overload! :eek:

:D

A bit of election law for the un-initiated...

1. No police are supposed to be near the voting for fear of scaring people off
2. Pictures can be taken in public places...even at voting locations.
3. There aren't uniform rules across the states regarding every aspect of voting law. For example, some states don't even require identification...while others do, even when the person is a disabled person voting from home.4. Wearing paraphernalia of a party or candidate - varies by state
5. Loitering around the polling station - varies by state
6. Some felons in some states are allowed to vote again after being released - varies by state

That's all I can think of for now. I'm actually one of the attorneys on call in our county fielding fraud allegations.

It's now federal law that you must have identification if you're a first time voter. Thereafter, it varies from state to state.

that was funny though, a clown like Frankin beating the best the republicans had to offer. How embaressing.

Well if that's how far you have to go back in time to live a victory agianst Republicans, well goody for you!

2008? How old are you?

2008? How old are you?

Yeah, I remember 2008.

That was the night I prediced THIS was going to happen today! I knew Democrats are arrogant liberals and they would govern AGAINST the people.

The day after Obama won, I warned liberals this day was coming, and I have been warning liberals ever since.

I knew they wouldn't listen!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Get your butts out there and VOTE!

No.

I refuse.

The Dems have disappointed me too greatly for me to find the will to cast a ballot for them, but at the same time, I will never side with the rabid hordes of howlers and do-nothing-but-bitch-but-only-when-the-Dems-are-in-charge sign wavers who call themselves the Tea Party.

Then get the hell out of this thread AND this board.

You got no business talking about politics, if you won't do your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back