Tax Time -- Election Year

ActionJackson

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2023
Utah
So I just did my taxes. I just use the simple 1040 form. I don't bother with saving receipts and using deductions, as I'm too lazy. If I wasn't a penny-pincher, I'd pay to have my taxes done by a pro but that costs around $125.00 these days. So I'm not so lazy as to not do my on taxes. Anyway, I digress.

I live in a nation run by irresponsible leftists but in a State (Utah) run by responsible conservatives. These facts are reflected in the tax returns I completed this morning. As it turns out ... I "owe" $362.00 to Biden's armed IRS but will receive $544.00 back from the citizen-friendly State of Utah. I thought seriously about naming Zelenskyy, Netanyahu, and about 20 million illegal invaders as dependents, but I didn't have enough paper.

Remember ... it's election season. Keep in mind who'll get your vote!! Will it be someone who cares about Americans and helps them keep their hard-earned money or them who steal from you as a matter of routine and care more about foreigners? Choose wisely!

So I just did my taxes. I just use the simple 1040 form. I don't bother with saving receipts and using deductions, as I'm too lazy. If I wasn't a penny-pincher, I'd pay to have my taxes done by a pro but that costs around $125.00 these days. So I'm not so lazy as to not do my on taxes. Anyway, I digress.

I live in a nation run by irresponsible leftists but in a State (Utah) run by responsible conservatives. These facts are reflected in the tax returns I completed this morning. As it turns out ... I "owe" $362.00 to Biden's armed IRS but will receive $544.00 back from the citizen-friendly State of Utah. I thought seriously about naming Zelenskyy, Netanyahu, and about 20 million illegal invaders as dependents, but I didn't have enough paper.

Remember ... it's election season. Keep in mind who'll get your vote!! Will it be someone who cares about Americans and helps them keep their hard-earned money or them who steal from you as a matter of routine and care more about foreigners? Choose wisely!
I live in RWNJ kansas, and I do pay a pro.

It costs a shitload more than $125 too.

I haven't itemized since the Trump tax cuts and I have gotten more in return than any other time in my working life. When Biden's taxes get finalized--I'm sure that will change and my return will go to illegal immigrants. As for state taxes--I live where there is none.

this will be the 3rd yr in a row the government doesnt make a dime off of me,,

I pay federal tax every quarter of the year, for $17,000 each time thus for the total i will pay into the worthless Fascist government over $68,000 and probably will have to pay more as they keep screwing with the tax codes all the time. And to think that the colonies of America went to war with England over a 3 cent tax on tea.

I pay federal tax every quarter of the year, for $17,000 each time thus for the total i will pay into the worthless Fascist government over $68,000 and probably will have to pay more as they keep screwing with the tax codes all the time. And to think that the colonies of America went to war with England over a 3 cent tax on tea.
Do you live in a blue state--not that it matters for federal, but I would have to say that I envy your position and would like to be in that tax bracket.

with married joint STD deduction at $27,700 (single ~$15K). There is no need to itemize for normal folks. With SALT at $10K it takes a big house payment to generate $18K interest I would think? A million dollar home heavily financed? I never looked back after 2017! I use a IRS free fillable form and do it easily, quickly.

TRUMP for Mt. rushmore on TAX simplification!!! I used to become simply overwhelmed trying to do it all + Kinkos!

Average refund amounts are down and I know many who have owed taxes who never owed them before.

Forum List

Back