All Right People! Nut Crackin' Time! Discuss Election Returns Here as they Come In!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND IF YOU SEE ANY SHENANIGANS WHILE VOTING, TAKE A PICTURE OF IT, AND POST IT HERE!

A black panther accompanied me into my voting booth and made sure that I voted for the right person. He had a gun.

And when I took a picture of him, he stole my cellphone and smashed it, then punched me in the face.

I just wanted to let all of you know.

Did you purchase insurance for your cell phone?

And here come the liberals suggesting we are all racists because we aren't voting Democrat!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not suggesting anything. There really is a big (at least 6' 2") black security guard standing outside the door of the polling place near my business. I look out my office window and can see him. Is that appropriate?

What security company is he with?

Don't know...thick jacket with badge on left side...most security companies around here wear nylon jackets with their company name on the back....not this guy. Or if he has a name, it's too small to see....can't see any name tag or anything...just the badge. But not a cop, no weapon, etc on belt. Am watching from my window....he's standing right by door as people go in and out.

Last edited:
I'm not suggesting anything. There really is a big (at least 6' 2") black security guard standing outside the door of the polling place near my business. I look out my office window and can see him. Is that appropriate?

Don't know...thick jacket with badge on left side...most security companies around here wear nylon jackets with their company name on the back....not this guy. Or if he has a name, it's too small to see....can't see any name tag or anything...just the badge. But not a cop, no weapon, etc on belt. Am watching from my window....he's standing right by door as people go in and out.

I suppose he's okay. He's not wearing a gun and he's not slapping a baton. Don't worry.

voting is a suggestion box for slaves

Dumbest thing you have said yet, and proof positive you have no business even being in a forum discussing politics. If you won't do your part to shape politics, you have no business discussing it.

I am very cynical this election as my choices for senator are vitter or melancon, both hypocritical career crooks and neither are worth my time to vote.

I see your point. I withdraw the charge of you being dumb and apologize. I jumped to a conclusion on what you were saying. My bad again! My enthusiasm for this election, is causing me to do that.

I have had elections like this when I wasn't happy about my choices. (Like trying to pick between a liberal Democrat and Voinivich, or between Obama and McCain! BLEH!)

But remember, you still should vote. Even if you aren't crazy about the selection you are still adding to your party of choice.

For example there were a lot of people in the South in 2006 who voted conservative Democrat, because they thought the Republicans were worse.

BUT, it only added to the power liberals like Pelosi and Reid. So, even though I didn't like Voinivich one bit, I voted for him to help the Republicans maintain power in the Senate.

Although, I must admit, I wrote Voinivich in 2007 and told him I would never vote for him again. He must have received a lot of emails like that, because he didn't run again. Thank goodness I can vote for Portman (although he isn't perfect, he's a damn sight better than Voinivich! I say again, BLEH!)

I think if I had been faced with the choice of someone like say Sherrod Brown vs. Voinivich or DeWine, I would simply vote libertarian as a protest vote.

Politics is FAR from perfect. Sometimes you have to hold your nose and vote for the lesser of two evils. Sometimes if the lesser of two evils, isn't "lesser enough" it's better to do a protest vote.

But, seriously, I'm sorry for my rash words. Go vote!

Is it appropriate to have a big black security guard outside a polling place? There's one in the polling place close to my business right now.

And here come the liberals suggesting we are all racists because we aren't voting Democrat!

I don't think a security guard is a problem. They have them where I vote, (I think).

I'm talking about some things I've seen like bringing over a whole busload of mentally handicapped people, and leading them in to vote. (Yes, I saw that in 2002)

Or stuff like this!

black-panther-voter-intimidation.jpg

I suppose he's okay. He's not wearing a gun and he's not slapping a baton. Don't worry.

Well, I was concerned what with him standing right at the door and being big and all....with that official looking badge.

okay you guys, try to stay on track, this thread is about NUT cracking. :eusa_angel:

Take a picture! :lol::lol::lol:

I don't think a security guard is a problem. They have them where I vote, (I think).

I'm talking about some things I've seen like bringing over a whole busload of mentally handicapped people, and leading them in to vote. (Yes, I saw that in 2002)

Or stuff like this!

He's bigger than those two guys, and has a jacket like that, but without the patches...and is standing right by the door....closer than that woman you see in the picture.

Or stuff like this!

He's bigger than those two guys, and has a jacket like that, but without the patches...and is standing right by the door....closer than that woman you see in the picture.

Yeah, you're just bullshitting!

Send a picture!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Or stuff like this!

Send a picture!

I'd have to go down there to take a decent pic....I'll try later if I can. But are people allowed to take pics at polling places? Want to know before I go over there. (I've already voted absentee, so I shouldn't go inside there, I believe)

Send a picture!

I'd have to go down there to take a decent pic....I'll try later if I can. But are people allowed to take pics at polling places? Want to know before I go over there. (I've already voted absentee, so I shouldn't go inside there, I believe)

Well, I'm going to vote as soon as I get my kids settled (I don't know WHY they let the kids off of school on election day here).

A bit of election law for the un-initiated...

1. No police are supposed to be near the voting for fear of scaring people off
2. Pictures can be taken in public places...even at voting locations.
3. There aren't uniform rules across the states regarding every aspect of voting law. For example, some states don't even require identification...while others do, even when the person is a disabled person voting from home.
4. Wearing paraphernalia of a party or candidate - varies by state
5. Loitering around the polling station - varies by state
6. Some felons in some states are allowed to vote again after being released - varies by state

That's all I can think of for now. I'm actually one of the attorneys on call in our county fielding fraud allegations.

I will just wait and review the battle damage tomorrow.
Heck didn't it take close to a year to decide that one in WI last time?

that was funny though, a clown like Frankin beating the best the republicans had to offer. How embaressing.

Last edited:
A single thread to discuss the results? By the time I get to it tomorrow, there will be thousands. No thanks. I'll be selective.

teapartysamurai said:
AND IF YOU SEE ANY SHENANIGANS WHILE VOTING, TAKE A PICTURE OF IT, AND POST IT HERE!

CNN is asking people to Twitter any suspected voter manipulation, machine mysteries, etc., and they've already had two they've investigated (and will be doing it all day with random reports). One machine somewhere in WV would only allow the Republican screen to be visible; the other one I've forgotten. Both were resolved satisfactorily.

A bit of election law for the un-initiated...

1. No police are supposed to be near the voting for fear of scaring people off
2. Pictures can be taken in public places...even at voting locations.
3. There aren't uniform rules across the states regarding every aspect of voting law. For example, some states don't even require identification...while others do, even when the person is a disabled person voting from home.
4. Wearing paraphernalia of a party or candidate - varies by state
5. Loitering around the polling station - varies by state
6. Some felons in some states are allowed to vote again after being released - varies by state

That's all I can think of for now. I'm actually one of the attorneys on call in our county fielding fraud allegations.

as you said, voting laws vary by state. there are police at the polls in my town; always have been. nothing scary about it, to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back